GuyFieri

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:31 am
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Of course. Profile quickly please.

Also, everyone's first post will establish the rotation. So far, it's me first, then megsug, Auxiira, and then Gravity.

We'll adjust as need be.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:21 am
EscaSkye says...

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't participated much yet, but I hopefully will have a post ready by tonight or tomorrow! :)
Not anymore.

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:19 am
View Likes
AfterTheStorm says...

I'm still a little unsure of this world, so I've been kind of timid to post. xD I'm guessing Luci is familiar with Salem and Devon, Reise? I was going to have her run up to them when she hears that they've returned.
"And after the storm..." ~Mumford and Sons

You can't have a rainbow without a little rain.

Got Squills?
Proverbs 31:25

Spoiler! :
Made you look.

83 Reviews

Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:02 am
EscaSkye says...

So... I did something. It feels kind of off though. If I've made any mistakes in my post, especially about how the island looks, please correct me. :)
Not anymore.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:37 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

@AfterTheStorm Yeah, she does. Especially Devon.

@EscaSkye It's been three years, so they're not in tents anymore. There are some moderately sized buildings. The population on the island is fairly big but the size of the island, especially the main city, isn't that big so rooms are small for living but the important areas like the hospital and the gym are pretty big. No pavement but areas have been cleared and years of walking has made paths. Most of the business and living areas have been made flat land. There are posts to mark areas and hold lights. Think like more rural, more futuristic Skyrim if that makes sense. If not, forget I said it.

83 Reviews

Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:59 pm
EscaSkye says...

I'll edit as necessary once I get on my laptop, @ReisePiecey. :)
Not anymore.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:21 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Final Rotation :3
@ReisePiecey
@megsug
@Auxiira
@Gravity
@Craz
@EscaSkye
@AfterTheStorm
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

161 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:58 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

I'll get to working on my post so that by the time Stormy posts we can just move right back on again, get the momentum up.

----------

ALSO:

Forget everything I ever said about setting. I've realized that the setting I gave this SB wasn't right. So please note these important changes.

Since they do live on a forested island, surrounded entirely by trees, it would make more sense for our characters to live in a tree house community.

AND because tree houses are freaking awesome, I think it would be fun if we all found pictures of our houses on Kurai, because really we could have whatever we wanted. Everyone gets little personal tree houses. Kurai's trees are big evergreens. Mostly we use rope ladders and bridges to get around from place to place.

The bigger buildings - hospital and the gym - all look like this: Image

But they're not that small at all, they're the normal size that hospitals and gyms are. They're made that way because they just need a little more help hiding because of their size.

The Hospital has many rooms and isn't one big building, but several buildings that act as different wings. It sits on the forest floor, space has been cleared but the forest tree tops still cover the entire thing. Building A is the main and smallest building of the hospital, about the sizeof a clinic. It's where you go to check in to get into a more serious room or pick up some Tylenol or cough medicine or something. Where'd you go to get a flu shot - a quick in and out if that's all you need.

Building B is off to the right of A and a five minute walk back. This is for patients who need overnight stay and a little extra attention for a while. Usually injuries from training or from trips to the lands or sometimes someone just gets really sick and has to have something more serious done.

Building C is way further back and only authorized people know how to get there. It's where they hold The Unstables, Kuros that have progressed extremely far in their MGS but haven't opted for the pit or death yet. This is where our good friend Allidae lives. The rooms are small and square, much like mental hospital rooms. They have their own cafeteria and everything they need out there.

The Gym is exactly what it sounds like. It marks the town center, the main place of action. It's pretty fitted with equipment, has showers, a cafeteria, a recreational room - pretty much everything. Extremely big, sits on the ground, and is one big building that builds up. This is the place you go if you need something that's not medicine. Everything happens here. Our houses surround the center and just continue to spread out in that fashion. The longer you've been there, the closer your house probably is to the Gym.

---

Everyone on the island is given a small GPS system when they arrive that acts as a map to Kurai. Every building is fitted with a sensor once it's made - except C-wing. If you need to find something just type search. We all know how GPS' work.

And that's about it guys. We live in the forest so just picture that. The Beach surrounds the entire island and the only real structure there is the dock, marked only by GPS. It's where we depart and arrive on the island, and the only entrance to the main living grounds on Kurai. The other part of the forest is fenced off and super rural, it's where we keep the Kurai that have gone 100% already, and didn't opt into being killed. It's The Pit. It's a jungle. Super dangerous out there. So far, there have been no incidents.

67 Reviews

Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:18 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

I can imagine scenarios with the Pit... No incidents yet you say? :3

Also, the forest would absolutely slaughter Alli, cause that's what Mari loved the most >.<

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

67 Reviews

Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:37 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Randomly, sorry for double posting but tagging, y'know.

@Gravity, I feel like Alli would be jealous and resent your twins, cause that could've been her and Mari. Anyhow, just a random thought.

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:43 am
View Likes
Gravity says...

@Auxiira it's funny you should mention the pit, I was planning for Sage to get in an "incident" lol. And I suppose. Just a random thought, lovin' the red octopus
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

67 Reviews

Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:14 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

C'mon guuuys, find piccies of your tree houses!

I have a pic of Alli's room! Sorta. It has a table+2 chairs in it as well, pressed against the left wall, and I think if she has a window she'd probably have the blind closed all the time.

Spoiler! :
image.jpg
Last edited by Auxiira on Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

67 Reviews

Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:29 pm
Auxiira says...

*pokes people, especially @AfterTheStorm*

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:57 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

So I think I'm doing this right.
Spoiler! :

It would be smaller than that though. Interior would be pretty simple and basic. Judias's house.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
— Albus Dumbledore