Reviews: 332
Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:16 am
Blackwood says...

I'm done. @Lumi, who's next?
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

Reviews: 0
Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:29 am
dragonthief1 says...

Im here. What are we posting about im kinda lost...

Reviews: 0
Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:38 am
dragonthief1 says...

so it seems like Grae and this Hadrian fellow are a team too themselves? Or are they partners (in the work tense?)
Last edited by dragonthief1 on Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:04 am
Lumi says...

it should be more than clear what's going on in the story if you read it properly. i'm uncomfortable with you writing for the storybook right now, @dragonthief1, because

1. you never edited your character sheet to reflect the changes i requested,
2. you misspelled the name of the character most closely associated with your own,
3. you never filled in any of the character interaction sheet i linked, and
3. four posts in, you're asking what's going on.

i have a certain standard of quality that i expect from all involved, and so far you're falling way behind. pick up the pace or request an exit ramp.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:05 am
Lumi says...

@Blackwood, i'm next. but it's sleepy time. you'll get the next kite entry tomorrow morningish, my time. ♥
-Shinji Moon

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:21 am
StellaThomas says...

@dragonthief1 - your post should follow on from mine. I guess they're going to try questioning the demon but it's up to you.

Speaking of, what kind of demons are we talking about here? Like, can they change form at will? (Or just the powerful ones?) do circles and devil traps hold them? Are there special weapons or just run of the mill? Oh- and- Blackwood said hell was cold but I'm not sure if that was meant to be taken at face value or not. I find cold hell way more intriguing than the fiery furnace but you know...

So yeah. What kind of demons are we fighting? XD
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:26 am
Auxiira says...

Does holy water work? :p
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:26 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

The only established principle I had in my head up until this point is that they take human form with the only noticeable feature being an altered eye color. Whatever powers they have activate at will (or by force if there's a possession).

I imagine that there's something different about the weapons they use, but I couldn't decide what, so I just left it obscure and unsaid in my first post where the four were "caught in a shoot-out" where no one was harmed. Maybe we could take a page from Soul Eater and have the weapons fire off specks of the user's spirit energy, with other weapons working similarly, only in melee capacity. Plus, we have Tab's portable spells and spirit gadgets...so yes. I think spirit weaving works well for the weapons.

As far as the demons we're dealing with, a lot of their nature will be figured out by everyone during encounters and missions. For example, the two demons in Story B are lovers who use heat and explosives. I put that together by the bombs/grenades/fact that they were hiding out in blazing hot South Carolina.

On the other hand, the demon in the north could be either an ice demon or one who sucks out heat and light, like a desolation-type.

I'd love some bonus thoughts from errybody else.

p.s. I think it would be perfect if Hell were cold.

p.p.s. REALLY, OXYCLEAN. HOLY WATER? I'd say there's no such thing in this universe. That way there's no real dichotomy of Heaven and Hell for us to make our demon concepts cliche. Because if there's Holy Water, then there are Angels and Miracles and...I guess it just implies that the odds are sometimes in our favor, which I'd rather them not be.
-Shinji Moon

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:37 pm
StellaThomas says...

So are we saying that they *can* take human form (with the eye thing) but they can be any other CREEPY AS HELL FORM?

Because I gotta tell you, @Blackwood that egg sac thing scared the living daylights out of me eeeeew.

Anyway so my current point of reference is The Demon's Lexicon by Sarah Rees Brennan (which is very good and ye should all read it) where basically: hell is cold and demons want to be on earth because it's warm and even when it's not warm because lol it's set in England you can like *feel* stuff on Earth. But also some of ours should probably just be total agents of chaos. Our lovers might just be here because they like seeing stuff go boom. Theirs can also be trapped in circles and I love circles in literature but I also feel like it can be a *little* too easy. What do people think? (Or maybe they can get trapped by a full circle, but not a broken one, so they will break any chalk/temporary circle themselves so unless you have one made out of like titanium it'll only give you a five-second advantage).

AND AS FOR WEAPONS... I don't know. Rock salt. Iron. (What are bullets made out of irl lol). Silver. Demon stuff.

From Sophie's PoV, she's kind of looking at demon venom and demon blood and stuff. I was also using the word ichor for like demon goo? But apparently that's not necessarily what ichor is.

Is there an official word for demon goo?

(if not she's going to stick with ichor as an official name. I guess you guys can call it whatever you want but I personally think "demon goo" is as good a phrase as any).

I'm sorry I think I went a little overboard with this post.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:51 pm
View Likes
Auxiira says...

...my dictionary says that ichor is a) what flows through the veins of gods in Greek mythology. b) any blood-like substance. c) or a watery fetid decharge from a wound. I'd say that b) and c) fit demon goo ^.^

I like the full circle idea. I'd assume therefore that our home base has holding cells for demons with circles in the floors :3

Weapons: reference Supernatural. Iron, silver, THE COLT! *ahem* sowwy. Anything that injures the host bodies would probably do well enough. I've heard decapitation is good.

Ps: LUMILLION I have been watching an awful, awful lot of Supernatural recently. I have picked up a lot of things.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:58 pm
Lumi says...

i'll come back to this ina minute but i'm writing my post right now but

So are we saying that they *can* take human form (with the eye thing) but they can be any other CREEPY AS HELL FORM?

guuuuuurl you about to find out.
-Shinji Moon

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:12 pm
DiskElemental says...

Hey guys, sorry for not submitting my stuff yet. The last week or so has been completely dominated by Gencon. I should have everything done today.
A man without a plan, or anything else for that matter. (Except a review thread).

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:13 pm
Lumi says...

I closed this off already, Disk. x: Sorry.
-Shinji Moon

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:15 pm
DiskElemental says...

I've already got a role, I just didn't get my stuff in.
A man without a plan, or anything else for that matter. (Except a review thread).

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:19 pm
Lumi says...

I accepted others in your place because you vanished without warning. Any larger cast and things would be beyond my liking.
-Shinji Moon

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...
— Dr. Seuss