z

Young Writers Society

High Fantasy DT

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:50 pm
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

@TheWanderingWizard I wasn't complaining, merely stating a fact. If you really, really need me to write a post, I can make Cai do something, it's just that since she's alone, it's useless to the plot. But I like your post. It gives me something to post about :).

And anyway, if this dead-end thing really does lead to the Quill, I suppose I'll have Cai creep around after receiving the message from Ulir. So... er, expect a post.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:41 pm
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Yay, you're back @TakeThatYouFiend and okay to your comment on your post @thewanderingwizard
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:14 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

@TheWanderingWizard since I've been missing for so long could you give me a quick guideline for what you think I should write about? Just like, a few pointers, dos and don'ts :-)
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:23 pm
BrumalHunter says...

While Wanderer is busy working on his reply, is it all right with you, @TakeThatYouFiend, if I wrote a fanfiction about this SB after it's been finished?
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:48 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Okey dokey, let's do this.

I am going to codename each party, just to make it easier to explain. The orcish outpost, seeing as it is where the battle will take place, will be named A1. @AstralHunter's party (the one in which Renalf is imprisoned) will be called A2.
Dominic's party is B, and Jorgen and Kollek are C. And finally, Caioliss and the fae are the D's and the Priestess' giants are the E party. Any gods (like Tylio) will be named by their names.

Ok, so at the moment, B is just outside of A1's camp, as well as D waiting outside of the main entrance. A2 are on their way (most likely less than a day away, or even closer) as well as C who are about to arrive.

Seeing as @methrirr123 has mysteriously disappeared, I believe either @r4p17 or @QueenAnne should take over C, which would make things a bit easier (then we don't have to keep referring to them the whole time, but someone actually writes as them).
C (in my strategic opinion) should arrive in the next post (whoever posts next) and thus initiate combat with A1. B can then ambush A1 from the back, and throw the advantage into their favour.
D (Caioliss) will most likely also immediately join the battle, and it is up to @QueenAnne whether or not her evil aunt and other will come and join the battle.

A2 and E should arrive more or less the same time (the battle should already be underway) and thus surprise all the other parties. Tylio can also make an sudden appearance and aid A1 against E (goddess cat fight!!)

In the confusion, Renalf can free himself,find his staff and join forces with B and C (and face off against his nemesis, Ocqrol). Dominic and Dresdan will face off, and Dianterrus will try and kidnap Sarris. Kevin and Anette will most likely try and help him.

Note that this is not the entire battle, and that these stuff won't all happen in one or two posts, but several posts by each SBer. We can also work in little plot twists, like Anette using her seductive powers on some of her enemies, debt collectors in C party cornering Kevin for gambling money, etc.

This is just the rough outline until I plan the next rough outline for the next posts.
Any critique, suggestions, etc?? Note this is how my strategic, and writer mind thinks, so it might be a little confusing and overwhelming sometimes.
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

212 Reviews

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:06 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

@TheWanderingWizard

Er... Cai is going to beg them to go away when they show up. So I don't think we need concern ourselves with them anymore. It's the only loophole I can think of. Maeve will be joining the battle, after Aodhan and his flying monkeys, whom Cai and the captain kill.

I don't know what the rest of the characters will do while Maeve and Cai are fighting (this is after someone has the quill, so the orcs have been defeated). That's up to individual writers, I suppose.

Anyway, those are my thoughts.

62 Reviews

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:19 pm

No, that's entirely fine, @QueenAnne, like I said, that was merely the rough outline of the battle.
I was actually thinking that Dominic and Xander arrive in the Inner Chamber just after Kollek and Jorgen (As Fazad-Brilf's guardian, Kollek could find another way in.
Inside the Golbin Warlock, wielder of the Ebony Wand, uses a Ariana's curse to kill Jorgen (methrirr's gone, so...) and the Warlock flees with a parchment out of the Chamber (he left the Quill) and Xander chases in pursuit.
Then,while Dominic and Kollek are around Jorgen's corpse, Maeve comes into the Chamber, and plans to take the Quill. Naturally Caioliss also enters and fights Maeve, yadayadayada. That is your baby, @QueenAnne, so after I most likely write the post of the Goblin Warlock, etc, your post and plot developments can follow suit.
But just remember that this is as the battle is drawing to a close (not done, but almost)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

212 Reviews

Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:29 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

Une problemme: Maeve will only appear after someone takes the Quill and Caioliss decides that she won't kill someone for Maeve- that she'd rather go mad than be the type of queen Maeve is- so er... I think we need to decided who gets the Quill.

62 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:03 am
View Likes

Kollek is the Guardian of Fazad-Brifl, so my vote goes to him.
After Jorgen died and the Goblin Warlock fled with a piece of parchment, Dominic and Kollek notice that the Quill is glowing (how they find out, I don't know, maybe Istar or Fazad-Brifl tells one of them) Then, when they place a parchment under the Quill, the Quill starts drawing a map (the parchment the Warlock had was the same map), and that map will play an important role in the sequel.
Kollek and Dominic most likely then go looking for Sarris and the others (Dianterrus kidnapped Sarris), thus when they leave (Dominic can use magic to bury Jorgen) Caioliss and Maeve can fight.
Does that sound like your plan?
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

212 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:27 am
TheCrimsonLady says...

Yes, perfect.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Thu Feb 26, 2015 4:34 am
r4p17 says...

That's a stellar idea, Wandering!
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

433 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:12 am
View Likes
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Three things :)
Firstly, of course you can write a fan fic @AstralHunter I'd be most flattered :)
Secondly, during the big fight, probably once the giants join in, I think Kevin will run away. I'd like to do that because that is the character I've been making of him, and it wouldn't make a massive plot difference.
Finally, Kevin, at some point, somehow, is gonna die. I'm doing this because my actual moomin character died, in a blaze of fire and trombone, and I don't want to continue with this one when the original is dead.
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

46 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:17 am
NicoleBri says...

@TakeThatYouFiend if there will be a sequel are you going to still participate being that you want him to die?

- Ayn Rand

433 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:48 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

@NicoleBri (and everyone else) I'd probably still participate" but with a different character. Still ridiculous though :-)

46 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:11 pm
NicoleBri says...

Okay!

- Ayn Rand

A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.
— Honore de Balzac