z

Young Writers Society

Dragons Dt

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:50 pm
View Likes
Cynder says...

You guys are all awesome. This was my idea to begin with, but I give you all the credit for making it come to life. It's like a dream come true. Thanks. Especially to @Wolfie36 whom I could not have made this storybook functional on my own. I believe the climax of the story will take place in updated, modern society in Washington, D.C. The dragons have to pass the Elder's test, to go through most all the time periods of Earth, with mythological beings involved, of course. The dragons obviously don't know this, but I think the pearl in Kimibi's possession should ultimately be a ploy of the Elder's. I also think Kimibi can become so powerful on her own that the Elder's power over the pearl dissipates. Now, that doesn't have to be, it just can be. I'll have you guys give your own opinions on this. As for everything in between, we will need separate challenges for all the characters I think, so everyone come up with one. We can then put all of our ideas together and come up with a way that the dragons each go in pairs or triples, including the phoenix of course. So that they can help each other and become more of a family than the Elder ever was to them. Give me your opinions on all this, please. Thanks again everyone, and sorry this message is so long. :D Welcome @ElvenKnight
Cynder Rosetail Draak

"Be able to say: I am what I want to be."

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:51 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

sounds great! I think it would work, that the ancestor started the pearl tradition, since he is so ancient. And I think that as a group we overcome the Elder's power on the pearl, not just me. And maybe Jura has a grudge on the Elder? I don't know, just blurting.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:32 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Ghost's challenge will be to meet each of the Seven Legendary Dragons. If he can learn something from them as well, then yay!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:54 pm
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

*looks around* Oh, my goat (or goose, if you prefer Native American Zodiac), I totally, absolutely and entirely forgot that I was part of this SB! I must have accidentally unsubscribed to it, but now I'm back.
To all my fellow SBers, I apologize for my absence.
*runs off to catch up on everything that has happened in my absence*
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

53 Reviews

Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:20 am
View Likes
Cynder says...

Haha welcome back @TheWanderingWizard :) Sorry that happened to you, eek! Happy to have you back and make sure you try to post soon. I'll take any opinions you have too, so just let me know what you think about the story's progression. You are a part of this SB so have fun! Anyone else have comments on the story's future and their character's challenges? Thanks to you guys that have answered, @Kelpies and @AstralHunter
Cynder Rosetail Draak

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:44 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Haha, sorry. I meant to reply, but got sidetracked and forgot. xD Anywho, welcome back Wandering and, Cynder, I really like your ideas. Sound like a good structure to build on as we go. Probably the Phoenix' challenge could be to earn the respect of the dragons and to overcome her pessimistic view towards herself. (Internal and external goals! Hooray!)
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:30 am
r4p17 says...

Erm... I can't think of much for Thoren to do... perhaps help a human... I don't know.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

53 Reviews

Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:53 am
View Likes
Cynder says...

@r4p17 I think Thoren has a very interesting personality. You could try to befriend Cynder first and the others will then follow. Since, apparently the other dragons dislike Glamdor's connection with my dragon. Just an idea though.. Or you could help Kirimbi understand that the pearl of hers is linked to the Elder?
Cynder Rosetail Draak

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:31 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Nice post, @Cynder! It was fascinating to hear about Cynder's past. Ramur would think that the poison killing is unethical, so nice job!

I'll try to work on my post soon.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

223 Reviews

Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:45 pm
Kelpies says...

Does anyone want to post next? Because I could write the next chapter.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:51 pm
Wolfi says...

I won't be finished for a while, so sure!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

223 Reviews

Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:13 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Bit of a long one, but there you guys go!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:18 pm
blackmirrow says...

hello everyone :) :) :)

53 Reviews

Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:40 pm
Cynder says...

Hello, @blackmirrow Welcome to the storybook. Are you looking to join? You could pick any kind of creature you want, unless you already have and I haven't seen it yet. Just PM me if you want to join and I can fill you in on everything you've not been a part of. If not, enjoy the story:)
Cynder Rosetail Draak

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:58 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I shall get to writing my post from tomorrow onwards, but not today, as I have articles to submit for Squills.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.
— Albert Einstein