z

Young Writers Society

Neverland DT

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:09 pm
AfterTheStorm says...

Thanks for the invite, Lylas! This looks awesome. Is there still room to grab a spot? (I really want my character to be close to Hook, because he's always just so cool.) xD
"And after the storm..." ~Mumford and Sons

You can't have a rainbow without a little rain.

Got Squills?
Proverbs 31:25

Spoiler! :
Made you look.

275 Reviews

Reviews: 275
Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:16 pm
elysian says...

@Aurora99 That would be lovely :)

@AfterTheStorm No problem! And yes, there are a few spots left. Force, and two teens.
elysian: (adj.) beautiful or creative; divinely inspired; peaceful and perfect.

formally lylas.

275 Reviews

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:52 pm
View Likes
elysian says...

Plotting. I'm going to write out my central Idea for all the characters.

Sophie - She's a teen. She has a drinking problem and she is lured away by Peter Pan. She is very strong, she just doesn't realize it.

TigerLilly- Cheif's daughter, fame surrounds her in the tribes. She's stressed most of the time and she doesn't know how long she can take it. She's been taught to keep her mouth shut and follow orders, but she's a soldier.

Rage - When I thought of Rage, I thought of someone that couldn't control his temper and just wanted to hurt everyone. I thought of Pan trying to keep him calm and telling him he must wait to strike. A lot of that kind of stuff.

Depression (@Silverlock - working on a character profile?) - I was thinking of an old man that can barely think because he's so depressed, but gives off his depression to the teens there so he wouldn't have to carry the burden. A man that's easily confused.

Anxiety - I thought of an almost animal like character. Which I think Aurora did justice to that Idea. I thought of someone like...like Victoria from Twilight, that kind of personality.

Death - This was one of the harder characters to come up with a very interesting storyline and complexity behind the character. I feel like Death should be the most complex character. He is the oldest character, the wisest. He should be most terrifying, even Pan is afraid of Death. I think Avalon can do Death justice, it's just gonna take some work, I hope that's okay.

Force - I felt like this story just needed Force. I didn't think of a big storyline for him. I feel like he should be very selfish and full of himself because he can force people to do as he pleases.

Peter Pan- Pan's there because he wants to be young and immortal. He feeds of Teen's youth and then the Teens die there, and then Pan gets more. That's how he works, the Teens find this out and decide to stop this so they and many more teens don't die.

TinkerBell - She's wickedly beautiful. She looks as innocent as an angel, but she's pure evil. Jealousy fuels her. That's my idea for her. She's in love with Peter Pan and that's why she stands with him.

Shadow - Pan's messenger, spy, etc. He is Pan's main resource on what the Teens are doing and making sure the Forces don't turn on him.

Hook (@Noelle making a character profile?) - Devilishly handsome. He's 17, and I was thinking of him being a love interest for Tigerlilly. Or Sophie. (I think the next two teens will be guys.) But he isn't the Hook we know. He doesn't go by Captain Hook either. He hates what Pan has been doing to the Teens, and trying to do to himself.

So there's an overlook on the characters :D Hope this helps some. Tell me if there are any questions :D

formally lylas.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:04 pm
crossroads says...

Shadow will only do those things if he has very specific orders.. and if he's offered to make a deal with any teen or any of the Forces, which finds loopholes in that order, he'll take it.

Also, I was under impression Pan wasn't afraid of Death, which I'd personally prefer because hey, that gives Death something to actually do, if s/he wants to find a way to change it in one way or another.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:07 pm
Noelle says...

Oh @Lylas thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm working on the profile now and I had so many questions. I was gonna message you and bother you with umpteen billion different thing. But all my answers are here. Thanks!!
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:09 pm
Sassafras says...

Maybe we can saw that Pan's not afraid of doing deathly things, because he knows that Death won't take him, but he's aware of Death's abilities.

I was thinking that Pan is extra nice to Death simply because of his power. I was hoping they could hang out...
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:11 pm
megsug says...

Erm... I kinda had the idea that Rage wouldn't like Pan though that's not set in stone. Also, he doesn't embrace his temper problems. He tries to control them himself even though he's not that successful :/ Pan telling him to wait would just make Rage angrier really.
Test

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:17 pm
Sassafras says...

We so need a pad for this xD
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:18 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

I think I want Rage and Shadow hanging out xD

Also, who gave Pan immortality? I imagined Shadow could've if Pan imprisoned him beforehand or offered him something cool and/or made immortality seem like not a big deal (since it's really not a big deal for Shadow xP). But I didn't want to put it in the profile because eh.. Maybe Death did it him/herself? I see no reason for it, quite honestly, but I suppose it's possible to come up with one if you guys would prefer that :3

And we don't need a pad..yet xD DTs are for discussions, after all ^^
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:28 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Actually I was thinking Death was a bit more antagonistic with Peter Pan. Death knows no one is allowed to be immortal and the fact alone Peter Pan is trying to do this would warrant Death's highest attention. By fitting in among the teens and hiding himself among them, Death knows Captain Hook will eventually draw out Peter Pan and thus go in and take Peter Pan's life.

But details, details, we'll see how things play out between Peter Pan and Death.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

275 Reviews

Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:42 pm
elysian says...

I kinda like Reise's idea on the relationship between Death and Pan. But of course, It's up to Avalon in the end.

formally lylas.

50 Reviews

Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:45 pm
KingLucifer says...

Reise is going to have to give me a back story as to why Death would allow Peter Pan to become immortal.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

275 Reviews

Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:46 pm
elysian says...

megsug wrote:Erm... I kinda had the idea that Rage wouldn't like Pan though that's not set in stone. Also, he doesn't embrace his temper problems. He tries to control them himself even though he's not that successful :/ Pan telling him to wait would just make Rage angrier really.

I understand.

Rage doesn't like Pan, but he is under Pan's control. I was thinking Pan can have some powers too, powers that should be feared. I will leave it up to ReisePiecey to figure that power or powers out. I think Rage should be a little more out of control, because the name itself just suggests that he would be tempered and of course Pan telling him what to do would make him angrier. But like I said, Pan should have powers to be feared, so much that Rage won't act out against Pan.

Yes?

formally lylas.

275 Reviews

Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:47 pm
elysian says...

I guess that does complicate things. Hm. Maybe a favor had been done for Death? A deal? Maybe Death craves the souls of Teenagers so while Pan eats away at their youth, Death can have their souls?

formally lylas.

50 Reviews

Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:49 pm
KingLucifer says...

I'm leaving it up to Reise.

Every first draft is perfect, because all a first draft has to do is exist.
— Jane Smiley