z

Young Writers Society

The Fifth Academy For Heroes In Training [DT]

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:35 am
kayfortnight says...

If I can get confirmation from Aria on whether or not she wants Gareth to be involved in the kidnapped newbies thing, and Tortwag's character goes through, then I'll post the kidnapping thing. Does anybody have any ideas for who will be the villain for that? Right now I'm just thinking generic evil guy.

Tortwag, would you be willing to send me a PM with a little bit about Nolan? This is my first Academy SB, and if he's going to be suspected, the kidnap methods have to look like something he'd use back when he was a villain.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:49 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

@kayfortnight, i think you meant to ask @chibibo. xD twaggy doesn't know the first thing about Nolan.

though, come to think of it

it would be the coolest thing if cheeb and i could talk @Octave into making a cameo appearance as Nolan
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:32 am
TheCrimsonLady says...

@Lumi

Nice. I've always wanted to name a character a name seventeen letter long and that I couldn't pronounce. :)
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:56 am
cheeb says...

Lumi wrote:it would be the coolest thing if cheeb and i could talk @Octave into making a cameo appearance as Nolan

that would be the coolest thing

Here is Nolan's profile from Academy 2; as a descendant of one of the Magneto-es, his powers include telekinesis and mind-buggery - even at low level he was able to force people to believe anything he said. If he were behind the disappearing students there would certainly be no signs of a struggle, 'cause he could just tell the students that they're supposed to come with him and they would just believe him, so there would probably have to be more "evidence" to tie Nolan to the crime. Also, I'm not entirely sure what his perceived motive would be... as @Lumi said, @Octave might be able to be of assistance.
the user formerly known as chibibo

Random avatar

Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:55 pm
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

Thanks! Well, one sign something would be off, although not necessarily a crime, would be when the weekend was over and they still weren't showing up for class, weren't on Academy grounds, and when the parents, when called, assumed their kids were still at the school, no?

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:23 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lumi I can only blame myself for trying to experiment with a Knaaren.
80% you say? I shouldn't have as much trouble as with Evoltrick. I'll try that out.

EDIT: Just did it. So according to you, by how many percents has she been powered down? Also, can't post yet, since the weekend isn't technically over.

@kayfortnight I have no infos whatsoever about Nolan, however I do have a link to the Second Academy for Heroes in Training, so I can definitely sum up a few things about... Never mind, Chibibo did the job. Wait, ancestor, MAGNETO?! Ha! And there I just watched "Days of Future Past" the other day. No wonder he's gonna be suspected, someone should reference the movie against him.

EDIT 2: paragraph removed, as the character is approved. Looks like I actually did a good power down job, for once.
*is proud* Alright! I'mma post Lamya's entry. See you in a few minutes!

EDIT 3: posted. @Lumi As I said I improvised, so tell me if this works or not. Not sure building up rooms out of the blue works here honestly, but I tried my luck. If the lack of space is a real issue however, she could be moved to Bowser's Hall, I don't really mind.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

40 Reviews

Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:20 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I am double posting for the sake of attracting attention.

@kayfortnight I had forgotten about somethin' you said. About the kidnapping thing.
My character (Lamya) went through, so I wondered if you wanted to include her into the kidnapping affair that would spice things up in the Academy. If so, not sure how we can all organize that, as @AriaAdams still has not given confirmation and we're patiently waiting for it.
So, um... In the meantime, should we try deciding on a villain for this? Any suggestions?
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:48 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

If Aria (or anyone, for that matter) is unresponsive and inactive, just go ahead and treat their characters as NPCs if you need/want them in the story. If they decide to show up in person later on, they can continue with the added benefit of having context for their character to act in.

Considering that about 80% of the acadecast has been inactive for over a month, I'd say that's the best approach.
-Shinji Moon

Random avatar

Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:45 pm
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

Alright then. That means Gareth is going to be a part of this kidnapping event, then, and Lamya can be too, Tortwag. Besides, that gives us four members for the smaller team idea later on.

As for a villain...In a PM to me, Tortwag, you told me this:

[quote=Tortwag]You said you had a casual villain/kidnapper in mind, for lack of anything else. I wonder if the kidnapping would go well then, 'cause considering it usually involves sleeping gas or force, we've got Raven who can't be touched by anyone (cause Rogue, right?), Lamya who's literally and utterly invulnerable unless you break her magic ball thing, which the kidnapper won't know anything about, and Gareth who cannot be damaged at all whatsoever, and Jasper who might activate his dormant powers if emotional stuff happens to him. And he can teleport.
I wish good luck to the villain.
Therefore I believe blackmail such as "I got one of you guys, so the rest must come to this place" and then they get kidnap would work. What do you think?[/quote]

And you're absolutely right.

They don't know each other well, though, so a "I have one of you" might not work too well. It's possible not all of these kids are the type to risk their life for a stranger, considering all four are taking anti-villainy education. Maybe something more along the lines of "I have your parents/romantic interest/best friend from home/someone else who you're close too" would work better? The villain doesn't necessarily need to actually have them, after all.

The students would also need an incentive to not go to the authorities with this. So the villain would need to warn them against that action, and tell them he/she would know. Perhaps tell them something that confirms for them he/she is watching at that very moment.

So looking at this, maybe the villain should be a telepath. That would mean he/she knew who they cared for, could contact them, and could watch them to make sure they don't ask for help. Plus, maybe they could control them instead of just speaking with them when they're within a certain distance, which is why the villain wants them to come to him/her? It would also make it easier for the others to suspect Nolan, since that sort of quiet acquiescence is how he'd do it.

We need a motivation for the villain, too. I personally like the idea of him/her wanting an army of people the superheros would fight eventually that they were attached to, such as their children, and therefore wouldn't be able to fight back against as violently as normal.

Anyway, that's my two cents for now.

40 Reviews

Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:21 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lumi Huh. Okay! Seems fair enough.

@kayfortnight
Thanks, glad my suggestion was worth the shot (I'm used to play and think like a villain anyway).
Good point, they don't know each other well, but I don't believe any of them would abandon the other, except maybe Jasper (at first, then he'd be like "what am I doing?"). Speaking of which, Jasper would be the perfect first target for a good villain.
Why? Because he's got no freakin' idea of what's goin' on. The villain could even persuade him to come, and then persuade the others via sly words. They'd come with him and they'd all be captured after reaching the "trap area'".

...But I've been answering as I read your reply, and I have to say, the family/acquaintance threat is great... But won't work with everyone. Take Lamya, for instance. The original family she has banned her, and if the villain dares approach a Knaaren In its actual lair, he would die. Painfully. I'm not even kidding, go watch some videos of the Desert of the Knaaren (Rayman 3), those things are no joke.
As for the Teensies that educated her, they have enough powers to defend themselves. And Raven... I'm not worried for Rogue nor Gambit. Heh. Not at all. Not sure about Gareth though, but in this case, once again, Jasper appears as the easiest target.

Ooooooooooh, the authorities. Good point. I did think about villain bein' like "don't warn anyone else or I'll kill said hostage, I know if you warn someone", but it works for you too, and you cover that part already. I completely agree with that.

Oh, a mind-controlling villain... Then Nolan suspected... Smart. I'll have to dig into my resources, because I think I can create a villain that can match those abilities.
Actually no, not I might. I can and I will, as long as you (who got the idea) allow me too. I'm currently typing my villain idea. You'll have it tomorrow, with a description on the common doc if you want.

Motivation, yes of course, you're right. Hmm... I like the way you're putting it. Army of Superheroes... Hey how about a villain who'd like...To....Replicate...Heroes... Powers...
...Huh. *remembers Evoltrick* Yeah, never mind that. How about like in the League of Extraordinary Gentleman? Dude prepares an army of "unsuperpowered" people (cause cheaper and easier to find/control) and tries to get as many super powered people as he can to actually "create" powers for his army? In the movie, M even wanted to sell them to the world and...

...!

...I have it. I have it. I got it. Okay, @kayfortnight , I have a villain. I know what would be his power(s), interest(s), lemme just get some hours of sleep and type that down, then proceed to describe it on the common doc when I'm done.

But I'm serious here. I have an idea. I'm pumped XD Thanks a ton, your brainstorming skills are amazing :D

Random avatar

Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:07 pm
kayfortnight says...

Alright, that works:) I love brainstorming:)

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:26 pm
Ventomology says...

Agh. Sorry I didn't post! We had a short-notice vacation this weekend. Anyways, I'm really sorry guys, but I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with an SB for a few months. I was excepted into a local production of Annie, and the rehearsal schedule will take up most of my free time.
I'm so sorry, and good luck continuing this SB! Maybe I'll catch up someday later, if it's still going.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:12 am
Lumi says...

Well.

With that said, I think that leaves us with like four people interested and active. I'm going to send a PM to everyone to check for interest, and if I get bad results, I may call it quits with trying to resuscitate a corpse.
-Shinji Moon

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:36 am
Ciblio says...

I'm sorry, I got caught up in being lazy.
I still really want to be a part of this SB. I just don't know what to post about.
To be honest, actually, I don't know what's been going in. Cause I'm lazy.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:48 am
ScarlettFire says...

I don't think I could keep up with this now. I have a lot to catch up on. Feel free to do with Isaac as you will. Whatever it is, I don't mind. I'm pretty sure I'm not up for catching up, let alone attempting to post anything right now.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

Mudwesterner
— BlueAfrica