z

Young Writers Society

The Fifth Academy For Heroes In Training [DT]

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:39 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Shadowlight Worry not, fellow comrade! Soldier Twaggy shall enlighten you on the situation.

So! We didn't see you in a while, but lemme start off from after the defeat of the first boss: the Golem (I forgot the name).
After that, as you most likely know, there was an afterparty. Everyone had fun blablabla, then Evoltrick (my character) arrived, and second event started. We had to make up two teams, again, as you know, in order to track down and defeat Scirocco.
What a great competition...
Ahem!
During the fight a few little events happened:
-Evoltrick showed a bit of his mad and unfair anger over himself and his teammates;
-Evatt has a brilliant fight against Scirocco but lost and fell unconscious
-...And I think those are the main stuff. I must be forgetting things. Oh wait!
-Three newcomers arrived. Jasper, Gareth and... uuhhhh... *re-reads* Oh! Raven. Raven Lebeau. Yup, related to Gambit.
-And we might have a 4th newcomer if my second character is accepted.

So Team A (with Walter in it, REJOICE) won because they had an actual plan to start with, and to be fair they improvised well, especially with L's lightning bolt.
So! Now that the second event is finished, we're on to a weekend where we can explore various places.
-After the event's conclusion, Evoltrick once again showed a bit of his madness and left directly for a side adventure, Evatt went off to see Dyre I believe, Bea drugged herself with bacon (...lol) because she thinks her team's falling apart is her fault, and Mia's acting like an awesome friend, cheering her up.

On a side note, Evoltrick has met, angered and frightened Jasper, and he also frightened the rest of his teammates because they saw he had a SERIOUS mental problem. Main affected being Henrietta (yes YOU!) and Bea.

Speaking of which... @chibibo Evo needs to talk to Bea again. He'd need to eat a lot more after all, so he's bound to cross her path. D'you think she would ask for any explanation about Evoltrick's behavior from my last post? I'm not sure how to portray her in that case.

So, um, there ya go Shadow! Summed it up for ya! Any questions?

EDIT: Here comes a new challenger! Give a bright and warm welcome to Lamya the Knaaren! storybook_character.php?t=100832&c=1800&mode=view
And for those of you who don't know what a Knaaren is... http://raymanpc.com/wiki/en/Knaaren Beware.
And finally, the "Knaaren Arts" she's talkin' about is referring to a little thing I made up... That shall be explained when she gets in.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:42 am
View Likes
cheeb says...

@Tortwag
Bea probably isn't relying on an explanation, since she's not really a stranger to people doing odd things and acting random, but she'd welcome one if it was offered. Her response and her mental state will depend heavily on how long it's been since the night she got hammered: if it's the following morning she'll likely be hung over (although bear in mind she's not the most coherent person even when she's fully sober). In any case, she's not going to be angry or anything, partially because she wants to be a good and understanding leader and partially just 'cause she likes to get along with everyone. Which is going to sting when she inevitably gets used or abused by one of the less scrupulous members of the campus… heh.
the user formerly known as chibibo

40 Reviews

Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:53 am
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@chibibo Oh. Welp, I'm glad I asked. HE must make the approach. Not HER. That changes everything, so I'll have to imagine the scene differently...
Lol, yeah I thought so. But it's probably going to happen several days later, if not directly after the weekend. So she might be sober and (I assume) a bit more focused considering she'd be talking to a mad dude explaining himself. A bit.
she's not the most coherent person even when she's fully sober
Yeeeaaaaaaah, I noticed. I think got that part covered at least.
Hmm... Can't quite picture her angry yet.
Ah, yes. The scrupulous people (Evoltrickbeingabitlikethatattimesbutanyway). Nah, she should be fine even after the sting part! There are enough people to defend her/cheer her up in the team, simply because her behavior is awesome. Count Evoltrick in after the chatting, most certainly.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:08 pm
View Likes
cheeb says...

@Tortwag
Having slept on it, I think it's possible Bea would ask, maybe offhandedly, if everything was OK with Trixter (by the way, the reason she calls him that is that his name reminds her of this), but she wouldn't badger him about it if he was reluctant at first to talk about it.

Also, re: the teams, Bea and Mia will be spending the weekend analysing the team situation and decide that the two large 12-member teams are likely too big for first-time leaders to handle well, so at some point soon (Monday, if possible) they'll make an appointment with Headmistress Prince to propose dividing the students into several smaller teams instead*. Maybe Evoltrick would join them if he agrees with the idea?
Also, maybe Nolan arrives during/shortly after their presentation and that kicks off @kayfortnight's kidnapping plot?

* We're still not 100% sure what the process will be for deciding on the new teams: one possibility was that the students would be required to form teams of 4-5 and submit them to Ms Prince for approval. Other ideas were having the resident advisors or the four heads of school decide on groups. What does everyone think of this?
the user formerly known as chibibo

40 Reviews

Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:00 pm
View Likes
TinkerTwaggy says...

@chibibo Evoltrick must never know she compared his name to a spider...
*checks the stats, level and abilities* ...UNLESS she explained to him how strong, tricky and annoying the beast is!
...Oh. Again, that changes everything! With, this, the setting would be more like greeting, awkward silence,question, reluctant to answer, awkward excuse, silence, and then he starts speaking. Something along those lines should work well I believe.

That is an interesting idea. And he would definitely accept and join their group, 'cause less people to handle. In his mind, both girls are kind of annoying, but not hostile (and naive, AKA can be easily influenced, MUHAHAHAHA). And that's a REALLY good thing. Not to mention both are pretty powerful.
I can't speak for everyone, but I'd personally root for the four heads of school being like "meh, whatever, just select the ones that aren't in groups yet randomly".
There are a few students who'd prefer staying alone, and the academy probably don't wanna lose time on that aspect.

That's always what happened to me at school anyway...

EDIT: I'm keeping my Raichu avatar for a while. I'm lovin' it.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:08 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Dear Academy,

You'll have a new Evatt post tonight. I have no intention of letting you die.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:23 am
Ventomology says...

Oh my gosh. I am so sorry for not coming back as soon as my vacation was over. Like... ugh. Lumi, I'll see what you post tonight and then try to jump back in.

Again, I'm really sorry guys.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:06 am
Ciblio says...

^ probs gonna do what she's doing.
I'm so lazy, like, ugh.
I tell myself that I'm going to do a post, then when it comes time to do a post, I'm like, "meh, I'll do it tomorrow"
Then it becomes something that I tell myself every day, so I end up getting nothing done.
So...yeah.
I'll force myself to do one after Lumi gets his put up. I swur I will.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:14 am
Lumi says...

If there are people who are willing to post tonight or tomorrow, please go without me. xD Evatt is tied really heavily into @AriaAdams and I have no idea where or what she's doing, but I don't want to ruin any plans. My other options are Vogel and any NPC we've used so far...but the latter would probably constitute an event, which hasn't gone so well so far.
-Shinji Moon

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:27 am
Ciblio says...

I actually don't have any plans yet. I've been looking over other posts to try and come up with something, but nothing comes to mind. I'm kinda brain-dead right now.
'we have lingered in the chambers of the sea /
by sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown /
till human voices wake us, and we drown'

previously:
GuyFieri

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:37 am
Lumi says...

@Tortwag: I'm having issues with your new character. She's invulnerable, knows tons of spells, and yet is attending an Academy For Heroes-In-Training. That's...no.

Unless she has something to learn here, then no. I'll let you edit her and notify me instead of just rejecting. Power her down by like 80% if you want in.
-Shinji Moon

557 Reviews

Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:54 am
Ventomology says...

Well, unless Lumi has some plan for the other clubs (like with the science guys?) we could probably have some kind of club meeting things going on. Just... as a jump-off point for posts.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:15 pm
Lumi says...

That sounds good, Bugs. WORK WONDERS.
-Shinji Moon

557 Reviews

Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:25 am
Ventomology says...

Yay! I'll see what I can come up with. Speaking of which, where are the other music club members? Aside from Evatt, who probably can't appear in the post anyway, I haven't seen those characters around.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:35 am
Lumi says...

Isi is the only one who's been remotely active, and she belongs to @Aurora99. Narcissisisisusia or whatever her name is. Amandine belongs to @Alvarin, who hasn't been around the past month.
-Shinji Moon

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna lay down and become a tomato for a while.
— RokitaVivi