z

Young Writers Society

Fool's quest DT

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:51 am
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Why thank you! :-)
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:15 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

Woah, sorry my character thing is so long. I like to develop them very well and I get a little carried away... O.O
@Laure, just let me know if anything I said doesn't fit the context. There were a few things I said that I wasn't sure were right. :)
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

Reviews: 0
Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:47 pm
RurouniOfLife says...

*Is here!* O3O *Has been REALLY busy <u>'''*

Anything I need to be filled in on? :3
Lead, kindly Light. . .
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me

(*Was previously KatKage. Sorry for not saying earlier! ''X3*)

~*~ Love is the Answer ~*~

254 Reviews

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:12 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

Nah, we haven't started yet, other than characters. :)
~Thoreau

Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:15 pm
View Likes
RurouniOfLife says...

Thanks XD

*Can't Wait OuO*
Lead, kindly Light. . .

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:55 am
View Likes
Laure says...

We won't be till at least next week, so don't stress. xD

Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:37 pm
View Likes
RurouniOfLife says...

@Laure , I have a question! XD

Spoiler! :
Define 'Magic' :3

Like, when you wrote "The Dawn Clan were believed to the master users of magic", what kind of magic do you mean?

It's obvious there's some kind of healing magic (Willowtail :3) and bonding magic (Le Mutants :3), but;

What other kind of magic is there? X3

Can people control the elements? (I.E: Fire, Water, Earth, Air (also; Lightning, Light, Shadows))

Can people levitate things or fly/other such effects?

Are you born with magic or can it be learned by anyone?

Is magic very taxing/does it get less taxing with practice?

Can it be used for everyday use, or is it to be reserved for battle or serious situations? (or does that depend on the user?)

What age does magic generally start to manifest itself within a person, if it's born with the user? (I assume a fairly young age :3)

Oh, and a few other questions that arose while making the last list <u>''

Spoiler! :
More Misc. Questions <u>''

Why did this king all this long time ago kill off all the magic users? <u>'' Was it pure fear? <.< Was there a prophesy of some sort? >.> Was it both?! o.o (Does it even matter? <.>'')

What, exactly, is the threat that is threatening this whole place? <u>'' A neighboring country? Internal corruption? Does it come purely from fellow man, or is Nature itself somehow involved as well? >.>

Was there a resistance when the king had all magic users eliminated? (I doubt they'd all just go like 'Ok :3' when the darkbloods were gonna kill them <u>''' It's obvious they were crushed, but there must have been one, right? ':3)

ALSO! Would this resistance still exist today, to some extent? >.> (like, a very tiny, tiny extent, but still there >.> waiting <.<) Perhaps they're the/part of the threat!? o.o (Perhaps they're trying to help stop the threat?! .o. (or they'll rise up, pretending to stop the threat and afterwards while the current power in indebted to them/weakened/off guard, they could rise up and take revenge for generations of hiding!!!! !?!O3O?!?))

While being killed off, did some of the magic users/Dawn clan escape/were scattered across the land? >.> or do any survivors still exist as a small resistance group? <.< Perhaps they all banded together but a few didn't agree with the majority's plan for future revenge!?!?! o.o (I have a feeling my character descended from those who may have escaped/were scattered >.>)

Are there only the three (four >.>) clans, or are there more but they're small/not worth mentioning for the basis of this plot? <.< (And/or are there other people who belong to none? >.>)

Are there neighboring countries, or are they not important?

Are all descendants of the Dawn clan aware they are part of the Dawn clan? (cause I have a serious feeling my character doesn't know :3 *Could prove to be interesting >u>*)

Are there any indications that one belongs to a certain clan? Like; a tattoo, a birth mark, and/or certain features (like hair color, eye color. ect.)? :3 (or are there none at all? <u>')

Did the Dawn clan have any sort of oral records? Such as songs, stories, or rhymes that might have been passed down through these many generations? (*has a feeling her character knows of a few, but doesn't know of their true purpose/meaning*)

How far is this world in ways of technology? Are we talking about middle ages/renaissance/industrial-revolution/now-a-days? A mix of any of them? (To me, I get a feeling of medieval-ages-fantasy to this plot. What do ya'll think? :3)

So, yeah, many questions <u>''

Spoiler! :
Sorry!! <u>''''
Lead, kindly Light. . .

254 Reviews

Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:45 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

Haha I second many of those questions!
~Thoreau

172 Reviews

Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:19 pm
View Likes
Laure says...

Sorry, I know is really vague. I promise to put up and answer all the questions within this week. V.v

Also, Rurouni, when are you free?

172 Reviews

Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:42 am
Laure says...

Sorry guys, I forgot to add this in. Aq prompted this so I thought you guys ought to know this, each of the clans are distinguished by certain features. So, I would appreciate it if you can make these changes in the profiles. >.< I'm sorry.

Phynix: Distinguished by their stock, if not short built. Often distinguished by blond hair and eye colours such as green, blue or grey.

Darkblood: Distinguished by their lean, muscular built. Their dark hair and dark coloured eyes.

Willowtail: Distinguished by their glasz eyes and their style of clothing, often dressed in simple tunic with a hand woven belt around the waist. They are distinguished as one with the nature.

Dawn: Dawn is distinguished by a clan tattoo that may it may not be visible.

Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:54 am
RurouniOfLife says...

@Laure

I'm (mostly) free at the moment :3 *Can stay up fairly late and isn't doing too much at the moment X3*

(I have to judge my sibling's minecraft creations in 10 min, but that wouldn't even take 3 minutes X3)
Lead, kindly Light. . .

172 Reviews

Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:00 am
Laure says...

@RurouniOfLife, I need to go soon. x.x But I swear on the Fool's life I will brief you later with all glorious detail,

Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:03 am
RurouniOfLife says...

@Laure *Pfffft* Ok XD *Can't wait OuO*

I have work tomorrow, but not till 11:30 and I come back at 5 :3 *Will be available in the morning and at night, basically X3*
Lead, kindly Light. . .

254 Reviews

Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:52 am
Sonder says...

Oh good, I made my Darkblood character accordingly. :)
~Thoreau

172 Reviews

Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:32 am
View Likes
Laure says...

Here are the answers. Credit also goes to @Aquestioning whom read them out to me where I was busy doing stuff and the plot writing, though I may have forgotten half of it.

Here is teh plot:
Spoiler! :
Five generations ago, the reigning banned the magic known as Beasting because this magic was considered dangerous. At that time, his daughter had the magic and he executed her as an example to all. In the next generations or so, nearly all Beasting were wiped out.

It was at this time, the ruling clan at that time were exiled by the King. Dawn. Dawn was the master clan of the magic, they possessed a vast understand of how Beasting worked relating to the human body. Yet during that time, a cult that practiced with dark magic with the aim to overthrow the land and claim it as they all had influenced nearly all of Dawn thus causing their downfall.

Yet in the following generations, the clan of Phynix claimed power over the majority of the clan based on the fact that all kings were born in the Phynix clan. Pushing the Darkbloods and Willowtails into the further and more isolated parts of the land, for centuries these two clans have endured this reign. Yet now, when an unknown threat threatens their existence and the fight for the throne is even more intense.
It is here, Phynix finds out their next heir was not theirs but Dawn-born child. How this happened, was a secret known to only a selected few. As Dawn emerges with their claim for the throne, the Darkbloods and Willowtails thirsting for justice, an emergency meeting held by the elders of the three clans had reached what seemed to be a fool’s decision.
Each clan will sent one representative to search for the portal that was brought peace for this land, for it was rumoured in that portal holds a great power that will assist the rightful king to bring peace upon this land. For the meanwhile, the clans have agreed not to breach each other’s land however, on the journey to the portal. It may be a very different story.

Teh answer:
Spoiler! :
The only magic that exists in the land, is the power of healing and beasting. There is no other magic such as the control of the elements, or teleporting, telepathy or anything of that sort. Magic such as healing can be taxting over long duration of time as it saps the user's energy. However, the duration can be longer with practice. The magic can come between any age between 4 - 20.

All the second parts will be answered in this much more refined plot I'm about to put up. Dawn clan is the same as all the other clans though their history has been kept in secret.

Technology-wise, is your everyday medieval setting. No computer, no spaceships nothing of that sort. Also, there are neighbouring countries but they aren't important.

Did I miss out anything? x.x

Teh things you should all know:

Spoiler! :
Phynix: TakeThatYouFiend
Willowtail: shinethroughthedark
Darkblood:Griffinclaw
Dawn:RurouniOfLife

^ The above four are the representatives from each clan.

And the secret cast....*evil laugh*

"If I see an American in real life or a kiwi in a blockbuster, it feels surreal and weird, and like a funny trip."
— SirenCymbaline the Kiwi