~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:01 am
View Likes
Auxiira says...

Yes, well, major resident psycopath ; )

On that point, Logan wasn't the one to agree to help, so the only reason she'll be watching the Innocents arrive is to pick out victims ^^ Ya'll better watch out *insert evil laugh*
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:09 am
View Likes
Skydreamer says...

Okay, so just to have some visual aid and some help explaining details about the island and the process of immigration.

For the innocents, this is the type of spaceship you'd arrive in:

Think of a world that is extremely technologically advanced. You'll be going into a land that is kind of like this 2014 time, but you're living in 2050. So, it'll be a bit different.

That said, there are some techy gadgets/information there.

1. Security watches. If and only if you are an innocent, after interrogation and testing you will be given a security watch. The watch is to keep you "safe" with little gadgets such as a laser, small pocket knife and a screw that is lodged within it. It also though can tell you if your personal items (that you program it to remember) are missing and need to be found. *A lot of things will go missing obviously, since anyone can steal*

2. They will inject you with a tracker. It is to make sure you can never leave the island without being noticed. The island is controlled by The Pacific Union and they work for the government Anarchy is trying to overthrow. You will have to find a way to remove it. (There will be people who will know how [Inmates, this is where some of you can come in]).

3. There will be homes (of the rich Inmates who have found underground work or jobs and supply countries with treasures found on the island) that are extremely protected. They cannot be penetrated, no one can steal from them, and they cannot be killed. They are very powerful Inmates and it's best to stay out of their way. ;)

4. The Enforcers. They are not police, they are not doctors, they are not going to help anyone for any reason. They are there to keep everyone in the island and to stop any form of justice they see that is not revenge. If you kill someone who stole from someone else, you will be executed. If you kill someone innocent, they will not care, but if you help anyone pay anyone back, they will care. They are merciless, literally.

5. Some Seriums are produced in the island. So think about what you want your character's job to be if you're an Inmate. Might be a sort of scientist character.

Those are the main technology related things.

Now, some information on immigration and testing for Innocents:

1. It will be done in the only high-rise building in the whole island, that has black tainted windows.

2. Once they get off the boats, they will be driven with full protection to the building.

3. They will pass through the city first and be given a tour of the area, the shopping places, the different streets, etc.

4. The interrogation will insist of 10 questions that ask about the person's strengths abilities, and then there will be a test carried out. The test will be in simulation to see how the person might cope.

*Note* If the person is not seen as able to cope, they may be immediately executed because the governments think it is inhumane to make a weak person suffer. (Anarchy will make sure none of their specifically chosen Innocents fail the test, though.)

After the interrogation and testing, they will be allowed to enter, unprotected except for their watch, and they will be given jobs depending on their ability. Despite the fact that the youngest age is 14, there is no school. They will be put to work.

That's all for now. : )
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:17 pm
View Likes
FermentingFruit says...

You say only innocents get the watch. What if someone was to, idk, cut it off another innocent?
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

159 Reviews

Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:27 pm
Skydreamer says...

You mean an Inmate stealing the watch? It's possible. They'll have to disable it and reprogram it to work though. It is made specifically for the specific person's DNA. It can be reprogrammed though. But it does have a laser so it'll be hard to steal. ;)

44 Reviews

Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:32 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Wouldn't make it fun if there wasn't work involved ;)

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

44 Reviews

Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:33 pm
FermentingFruit says...

How many profiles are we missing? I'm ready to go! :)

-Happy Gilmore

159 Reviews

Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:38 pm
Skydreamer says...

Just a few more (although I counted 7 o.o) but it's okay. I'll post the pilot latest Tuesday, if possible. (Probably Monday though)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:24 pm
Omni says...

Mmm, I'll make an Innocent character, just so I can go with the idea that I was talking with thewritersdream about. Time to make my character xD
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

44 Reviews

Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:31 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Omni seriously stop slacking, jk jk

-Happy Gilmore

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:45 pm
Omni says...

xD my profile's in. I'm not going to accept that because that would be weird.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

44 Reviews

Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:34 pm
FermentingFruit says...

If anyone wants to be with my character let me know. I already made plans with kayfortnight (Alejandra), but if anyone else wants to "roll with us" let me know your ideas on how they meet and we can get planning. Better to have this stuff ready before the SB starts :)

-Happy Gilmore

44 Reviews

Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:22 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Also, have the characters been contacted by Anarchy yet? Cause I saw some profiles saying that they hadn't but some that said they had

-Happy Gilmore

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:45 pm
kayfortnight says...

What I thought was that the Inmates had been but the Innocents hadn't, but I'm not running the storybook, so I could be wrong.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:51 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Okay, so I'll answer this if I can. Your characters can have already been contacted by Anarachy (like my character) or they will be contacted by Anarchy. It's up to you guys.

In my opinion, this actually spurs activity between characters, so it'll be fun!

Also, for those of you who like to plot before the storybook starts, I'll be making a gDoc for you guys. All are welcome and try to not leave anyone out!

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Nouns can verb very well actually, they verb better than some verbs do.
— winterwolf0100