z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:50 pm
Sonder says...

Does anyone volunteer for interacting with Jinx in my next post (which, again, won't be for a while, but I'd like to brainstorm)?
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:20 pm
Europa says...

@LeftyWriter the first time Riley morphs, she's at dance and wearing her leotard. That way she has something skintight on and won't morph back...y'know...yeah...She'd probably just start wearing it under her clothes after that. And I love the idea. Lets hope poor Emma doesn't freak out too much. Hazel says she has awful stage fright. Maybe Riley could morph back after she goes on, and then swoops in in a dramatic entrance (like "This was the plan all along, audience!") and It turns into an epic duet!

@Nightcrawler I'd be up for that.

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:55 pm
Sonder says...

@TheFantasy14 Fabulous. I'll be thinking about it and PM you if I have any new ideas. :)
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:57 pm
Steggy says...

I might post Michael's part sometime either tomorrow or Friday? I want to get all of my posts for all of my SBs done by then soo... If not by then, most likely this weekend. :)
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:06 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

These ideas sound great, guys! I'm really excited for the next plot phase, with the lab blowing up and creepy suspicious guys stalking our characters. (I just read over Lefty's first post in the DT that explains the whole thing so I could refresh my memory and I'm even more excited.)

What's going to happen first, the stalkers start appearing (from the secret organization, US organization, or the Japanese... snipers, I guess?) or the lab blowing up? Once the lab has blown up, we'll also have to decide on a new secret center from where all these different stalkers come from. That'll be where the animorphers are brought when they're first kidnapped, I assume.

I guess the SB's been kinda silent recently because yeah, the plot-planning right now is a bit fuzzy. We'll probably just need to discuss everything so we'll know what to post about next.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:44 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@TheFantasy14 I know that Emma has major stage fright, which is why I thought that maybe it would be an interesting opportunity for her character. It could either show how bad her stage fright is, or show her overcoming it, depending on the way Hazel would want her to react.

@Wolfie36 I think it would make sense for the lab to blow up before people start stalking them, because before the lab blows up, the scientists would think everything is going according to plan. But once the lab blows up the government would panic and want to get their valuable "assets" back. However, one thing that doesn't line up with that is... how long were Mr. Neil and the scientists going to wait before bringing them in/talking to them/whatever when everything was going according to plan? That's something that's always been a little fuzzy for me. What was Mr. Neil and Dr. Liam's plan going to be at this point? I mean, how would they approach the teens? Or tell them about the whole plan?

Edit: ^^I added a bit on to the end there. I'll definitely think about the questions I mentioned. They were somewhat rhetorical while I was trying to figure it out myself. :)
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

440 Reviews

Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:56 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Right. I wouldn't think that Mr. Neil would want his students "running wild" for too long. The police are already getting involved and the whole school is probably consumed by the weird animal rumors and sightings. What is his plan? It looks like we need to get inside his brain and see what his motives are.

Perhaps he's hoping that the students trust him and will feel the urge to consult him on the matter soon enough. Once they're compelled to talk to him, he'll have a trap set up. What kind of trap, though? Does he want to get them back to the lab, to get results? Before he can, of course, the lab blows up and he'll just want to save himself from the secret organization/Japanese scientists, which is why he disappears.
and do not be afraid.

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:14 am
HazelGrace16 says...

I am hoping for it be a kind of Lizzie Maguire movie moment haha
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

279 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:39 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

I know a backstabbing teacher when I see one.

Okay so I might add onto what Wolfie said if any of this makes sense....

In my post, Michael and Charlotte are almost caught by the police. As Wolfie said before, the police were going to get involved sometime or another. They're going to try everything in their power to not make the "whole" town worry. So, order a big pot of lies and conspiracies! Add some relief and stress, and violia!

Mr. Neil is worried about his kids- his experiments just going around and changing randomly. He panics and tries to act cool around it. Some of the students don't see him around at school anymore, or something.
Perhaps since Hatt quit, Mr. Neil could be a character? Since as of now, we have no idea what he is thinking about. What could he be planning?

Maybe later on in this storybook, we'll see what Mr. Neil's motives are?
Personally, I think Mr. Neil should go back to the lab before it explodes. Later after the smoke clears or something, some of the kids could go back and try to find some files (as to why they are morphing into animals.)

That's just what I am thinking.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:47 am
LordZeus says...

Hey guys I'm glad we have the plot moving along quickly now ! :D I knew my last DT post was a good idea. @LeftyWriter I think that Mr.Neil would only try to bring his assets in when they've all morphed. Don't forget Mr.Nelson, guys, who is a Protectorate agent (the rebel organisation we discussed, remember) in my last post, I kind of set up a few things.
1) Cole in monkey form and under the control of its brain is currently wreaking havoc in the Principal's office.
2)Both Dan and Emma now can morph and know that each other morph. they also know that other people are morphing but don't know who.
3) Gwen is starting to feel wolfish impulses and so devoured Dan's roast beef sandwich.
4)Mr.Nelson has brought in Darrin, a new student to keep track of the Animorphers. To do so, he has made him the buddy of Dan, whom the Protectorate know has morphed.

I just thought that the above information would be useful to anyone who is posting next, to understand the most recent developments.

440 Reviews

Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:51 am
Wolfi says...

Ultra secret backstory: Mr. Neil's an animorpher too. An experienced, deadly one. He disappears for a while, then when the students see him again it's in his vicious animal form.

xD I just thought of that when Steg suggested making him a character.

Darrin's an interesting character for sure, Zeus. More planning is in order!
and do not be afraid.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:55 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

Let's say Mr. Neil's an animorph. The deadly kind. The kind that can't be contained or protected. He goes on rampages and destroys cities, towns, and villages.

What if the kids are ordered to go after Mr. Neil in his dangerous animal form and stop him?

For some reason I am thinking about an curse for Mr. Neil. Kinda like a werewolf type of curse. I shouldn't be watching Beauty and the Beast >.>
Last edited by Steggy on Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

93 Reviews

Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:57 am
View Likes
Lefty says...

@LordZeus

Yeah, I think with the fact that Cole morphed again in your post opens up an opportunity for him to have trouble with that. Trouble with controlling it and staying human, at least at the beginning. As for the rebel group, I haven't forgotten about that either, but I think that should come in after the whole bombing thing. Because it would cause them to panic, too.

@Steggy

Yeah, it might be good if there was the occasional post by Mr. Neil to show what's going on on the other side.

And what you said reminded me of something... If the lab was bombed, it would just be a giant pile of rubble. But like you said, they wouldn't want to make the whole town worry. And telling them that a local laboratory was bombed into rubble would well, cause worry. So maybe the newscast would should a building on fire, saying that it was an accident that started inside, which they could get away with because basically no one has ever been their except the scientists to know what it actually looks like... except for the kids.

Maybe a couple of them see the broadcast at home before school and see on the broadcast that all of the scientists died except for a couple that have since gone missing (Mr. Neil included), thus having them figure out that he was involved. So when they go to school and everyone goes into science class, but Mr. Neil isn't there, they could use the opportunity to figure stuff out together. And when they put the broadcast on again, one of the could realize the footage they're showing isn't actually of the lab. Maybe some of them could sneak out there to find out what really happened/what's really going on. Cole and Neon (since they're sort of partners in crime) and maybe a couple others. And they'd see that it was actually bombed. Maybe they could find security camera tapes in the rubble of when they were in the chairs.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

93 Reviews

Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:59 am
Lefty says...

Hmm... I could maybe see Mr. Neil becoming an Animorpher later on, but I'm not sure it makes sense right now. Like maybe the students had to be used as the first lab-rats because they had to use younger people because they would handle it better. And once they discovered it worked, they could improve it to be easier to handle, so older people could do it as well. Otherwise, why wouldn't they have just brought in 40-year-old army seals from the beginning who are trained fighters?

279 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:03 am
Steggy says...

When the others find the tapes under the rubble, what if one shows Mr. Neil escaping the lab carrying some files? It could make the kids question what kind of the files are those, and spark some kind of investigation.

Maybe sometime after, Mr. Neil wants the power the kids have. I guess you can say he is "greedy". But I understand what you mean, Lefty- it doesn't exactly make sense. Maybe the files Mr. Neil is carrying have something to do with the shifting?

People with writer's blocks should get together and build a castle.
— Love