We don't.
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:14 pm
StoneHeart says...

That would be awesome Kay.
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

303 Reviews

Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:43 pm
StoneHeart says...

@Aquestioning
@Camulaeus
@KatKage

We need profiles and posts and all that good stuff from ya'll! I understand delays, but I need ya'll to post before I move to my second post!

So this is what's going to be happening. My character's magician/controller is going to be 'suspended' for what he did to Tyres and his men, a new magician is going to be assigned to him (being assigned an Inarvi basically makes you a general), and he's going to be . . . innovative.

He knows that the Derns would only be planning an invasion if they had some way to defeat the Inarvi, and he knows that if Kyrome and Senetra don't break the Dern fleet and unite then they'll be squashed, piece by piece. So he's going to be gathering a special group of people on Senetra's side, while Seria's (umaima's character) father (another Inarvi controller) does the same thing in Kyrome. Then, they are going to strike the Dern fleet with this special attack force and hopefully destroy it. After that he'll be improvising.

Obviously there'll be inbetween stuff, but that's the big idea!

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:00 pm
kayfortnight says...

And my character will be telling the Derns all of it:)
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

303 Reviews

Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:07 pm
StoneHeart says...

;) not eveyone's gonna be knowing about it. The guy wouldn't an idiot :D he'd suspect spies.

But yeah, it'd be nice if some information leaked out and something went wrong....

(And guys, remember, this story won't have a happy ending with all of our characters being bad guys. If Dernland wins then they'll be able to spend some quality time re-developing the Dern-making spell . . . and then putting everyone, who isn't already a Dern, under it). This time nobody'll be breaking from it.

Random avatar

Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:02 pm
kayfortnight says...

Well, yeah, nowhere near everything is going to leak. For one thing, I don't think we have anyone spying on the Kyromes, and for another, the top Senetrans will keep at least some things to themselves.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:22 pm
DiskElemental says...

Probably going to join as a peripheral character.
A man without a plan, or anything else for that matter. (Except a review thread).

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:24 pm
veeren says...

*sneaks by*
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

385 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 385
Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:26 pm
Omni says...

I really need to make my intro post D: Good thing is that there's no Derns yet, so I have all the time in the world. Kind of.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

303 Reviews

Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:11 am
View Likes
StoneHeart says...

AQ: Hrm, 'kind of'. :P

Disk: That would be awesome!

Veer: Spamming as promised!

Kay: Yeah, a bit of information leaking out and giving some extra action would be really great. But mind you, our characters all are going to be in the attack on the ships, either as Dernland, Senetra, or Kyrome! :D

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:24 am
Jonathan says...

The confusion begins. :P
There seems to be nothing written here. :shock:

385 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 385
Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:01 am
Omni says...

Just a question that's holding me up on posting: Why is the Dern fleet attacking the English Channel? Couldn't they be attack Asia or something? It would be more logical, seeing as the Dern Empire is on the West side of North America, and not the East.

Or perhaps I'm mistaken on something?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:10 am
veeren says...

Oh so we're talking warfare over here?
Well attacking an area that's difficult to reach is always a good thing if you can pull it off, because 9 out of 10 times, the enemy doesn't suspect the extra effort to be put in and you can catch them off guard.

But since I have no idea what you're talking about, I can't really say I know what I'm talking about either. :P
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

Random avatar

Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:20 pm
kayfortnight says...

I believe Dernland is on the west side, so, yeah, it would be more likely for them to attack Japan, Russia, Indonesia, or Austraila. If they aimed for the English channel, they'd have to cross half the world and open themselves up to attack from either the Kyromes or Senetrans, depending on which route they take either past Asia or below South America.

Something else that might impact this-do Dernland and Senetra cover South America as well? If so, then the smart thing for the Derns to do if they're planning on attacking the channel would be to sail south along Chile, which would belong to them, then cut around Cape Horn, and head as far out to sea in the Atlantic as they can before sailing north, because they'd be vulnerable to Senetran attacks from Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, and Uruguay.

Just a thought. I don't know much about military tactics but I know basic geography.

303 Reviews

Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:42 pm
StoneHeart says...

Good questions guys!

Okay, my reasoning went like this. Dernland covers everything WEST of the Rockies, all the way to the Pacific. They also control all of the middle and far east.

Southern Africa and South America are wastelands that the Derns don't dare to go to due to certain magical monsters accidentally created during the first battles with the Derns.

Now, there are two things that have always kept the Derns from winning.

A: The Inarvi.
B: The fact that humanity is united.

So, what they have to do to win is separate humanity and neutralize/ kill the Inarvi (I'll get to the second part later in the SB). To separate their enemies the obvious thing to do would be to cut Kyrome off from Senetra and then crush them one after the other.

Now yes, magicians can transport people across the Atlantic, but there really aren't THAT many magicians . . . and transporting people that far is very difficult and slow. Which is why they obviously usually use ships.

Now, if the Derns get their fleet into the Atlantic, their galleys and warships are fast enough to keep any Kyromese from reaching Senetra (their first target for destruction). The main Kyromese port is on the French coast (on English channel). All that Dernland really has to do to isolate Kyrome is to contain this port (which they can't take easily), put a cap on the Mediterranean, and keep their ships roving all over the place to keep any stray ships from getting by.

What about England? You may ask. Well, they've already taken care of England (managing to destroy the port towns and keep soldiers on the coast, thus forcing the Kyromese away from the water).

Well then, why doesn't Kyrome send it's soldiers east and take down the heart of the problem.

Well, the thing is that Dernland has been taking EVERYONE away to fight. Obviously not the old, sickly, wounded, or young though, but everyone else. The army guarding the Dern border has, if anything, been strengthened!

Make sense?

“Sorry about the blood in your mouth. I wish it was mine. I couldn't get the boy to kill me, but I wore his jacket for the longest time.”
— Richard Siken