z

Young Writers Society

Pokébook: Hoenn [DT]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:48 pm
Lumi says...

AstralHunter wrote:In that case, this may turn out to be the best Pokébook I've stalked. (Otherwise I'm just too biased.)

Kanto was pretty fantastic. Europe was my favorite.

Hoenn's gonna be fun.

@chibibo is a good dog
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:57 pm
reikann says...

By Arceus, ya'll are a bunch of Pokemon nerds.
Do any of you play the vidya games?

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:59 pm
sheysse says...

Ruby, Pearl, Platinum, Black, Black 2, Revolution, and Mystery Dungeon. Yeah. I've played the video games.
XD

176 Reviews

86 Reviews

Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:17 pm
reikann says...

Aki (Red, Japanese), Gold, Silver, Crystal, Kristall (Crystal, German), LeafGreen, FireRed (moemon mod), Ruby (represent), Sapphire, Emerald (moemon), Pearl, Diamond, Platinum, White, Y, OR, three Pokemon Ranger games I can't recall the name of, and two Mystery Dungeon games thaaat I can't recall the name of.
Also, Moon/Litten.
The Pokemon games have such a solid formula that work really well with an interest in creative writing (and the Nuzlocke)!

176 Reviews

Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:21 pm
sheysse says...

Has Moon even come out?

I really love the games, but I only have a DS lite so I can't really play the new games and it doesn't seem worth it to buy a new device for one game. Still, I hated that they threw aside the DS lite to replace it with the 3DS.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:27 pm
cheeb says...

Lumi wrote:sometimes google docs because Bloo got trapped in an addiction and it won't let them go. blame @chibibo.

^ i do not understand this

also i am very slowly making a profile now

alsoalso i think they replaced the ds lite with the dsi and then replaced that with the 3ds. but either way
the user formerly known as chibibo

86 Reviews

Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:29 pm
reikann says...

Nope, it's still slated for a holiday release! But I've picked Moon already, because moon bat. Hah.
I agree that there are way too many incarnations of the DS. I guess it's good marketing, but unless you're really into it, it's not worth it. For instance, I purchased the 3DS just for Y (and specifically, to keep my competitive battling team up - monofairy. I fight like a gym leader. It's so satisfying.), but just that? Yeah, not gonna cut it for the price tag.
Oh well. Hey, what's your favorite Pokemon?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:44 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

yo, technological advancement for the sake of the experience quality of the consumer is important.

unless you're enjoying netflix on your windows 98 IBM with the 20 min load time for floppy discs.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
-Shinji Moon

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:46 pm
Bloo says...

Lumi wrote:unless you're enjoying netflix on your windows 98 IBM with the 20 min load time for floppy discs.

@me next time
Last edited by Bloo on Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

86 Reviews

Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:50 pm
reikann says...

@Lumi - Yah, very true. There's a difference 'twixt technological advancements and marketing ploy, tho.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:55 pm
Lumi says...

it's not a marketing ploy, tho. every incarnation of the handhelds have brought improvements to user interface quality annnnnd oy, it's just how all industry works.

i mean, i'd like to drive a car that shows me which radio station i'm listening to, or when my motor is doing queer things before it starts smoking in the middle of the no-cell-reception country, but because of the marketing ploy (;D see?) of new cars costing more, i'm out of luck.
-Shinji Moon

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:57 pm
Bloo says...

Consoles are not really profitable to release lol. There was a reason the Xbox and Playstation 3 stuck around so long. Whenever a gaming company does they tend to take a big hit financially. Nintendo wouldn't have done it unless they had a reason to, and that reason would not be money.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

86 Reviews

Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:07 pm
reikann says...

Ah, is that so about the consoles? You two seem like you know what you're talking about, and I'll admit to only a courtesy level of knowledge on the economic side of things, so it could well be that Nintendo knows what's up when a new handheld comes out. (After all, it doesn't take much knowledge to know they're not hurting for money, lol.)
Do you have any reliable sources on industry? I do believe you, but the internet's relationship with fact is iffy at best, and checking up on facts is a good habit to get into.
Imma stay salty about remakes adding nothing but pretty graphics, though.

176 Reviews

Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:25 pm
sheysse says...

New consoles are only profitable if they aren't backwards compatible, or everyone will stick with the older consoles. Or they stop making games for the older one, in which case you're forced to buy the newer one. With the Xbox 360 and Ps3, they stuck around only because games were still being made for them. You might have noticed that many current popular games are only coming out/have only come out on the newer versions (think Star Wars Battlefront, or No Man's Sky). They say they can only come out on the newer consoles for graphical or loading reasons, and there is some truth to that, but older consoles have a lot more power than people give them credit for. They really do it as a way to transition you to new consoles and pay more for them. They have to do it gradually, or people get angry. Nintendo kind of failed in that department, as they had a very sudden switch to the 3DS, and then again when they went from Wii to Wii U. Well, that's just my take on things. It would seem pointless to make a new console with no profit. There isn't a huge difference between ps3 and ps4, despite what people think, so it wouldn't make sense to change the ps3 if they didn't expect profit.

Sometimes I'm terrified of my heart; of its constant hunger for whatever it is it wants. The way it stops and starts.
— Poe