z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:05 am
Europa says...

I just got an idea for where this whole action with Riley punching that guy could go.

After school that day one of the characters sees this guy she hit and his buddies beating the crap out of her, like, five guys against one kid, and they break it up.

Could lead to a little bonding with characters Riley isn't all that close with yet. (Meaning anyone that isn't Emma or Ryker, basically...)

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:22 am
View Likes
Sonder says...

@Everyone, Lefty and I have been discussing a plot idea I had that should help us move into more intense storytelling! At first, it will involve Ryker, Jinx, and Layla, but it will quickly affect the whole team, which I will explain. Please let us know what you think! ^_^

In a few days, I will post about Ryker's death. Anyone dying is tragic, and a teenager still in school is even more so. Ryker's death will cause shock and grief in the community. I believe that his funeral will be a few days after his death, so if your character was a friend to Ryker, you may want to work in a scene where they attend, or mention it. The kids from the field trip will be even more concerned, due to the sickness and other weirdness going on. Could it be connected?

Layla is going to be concerned, and she realizes that she hasn't seen Jinx for a few days. She doesn't know him well, but she has his homework and is worried about his health after Ryker. So she goes to his apartment to give him homework and see if he's heard the news. When she arrives, long story short, Jinx has transformed into a tiger, and he nearly attacks her.

But before he does, his sickness kicks in again, and he morphs back into a human. In pain and terrified, Jinx begs Layla to help him. She calls 911 for help, but knows that no one will believe her if she tells them that this guy was just a tiger. So she keeps it to herself and freaks out. Later on, she may tell Cole or another friend, and they slowly begin to connect the dots.

Hopefully, this will open up more action with the other kids and get the plot really rolling. What do you guys think? :D
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:37 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Awesome. :)
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:55 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

@TheFantasy14

That sounds like a good idea for character bonding. Cole could find her since they're becoming closer, but I think it would also be a good thing for other characters too. Like Mike maybe? Since they haven't really interacted at all. It would be fun if, say it was Mike, growled at one of the guys and freaked them out without meaning to. :P Or Layla maybe, since they also haven't interacted much?

This reply isn't late at all.

I'll try to get Layla's part up today or tomorrow.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:08 am
LordZeus says...

@LeftyWriter do we fully morph in this post? or not yet?

93 Reviews

Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:50 am
Lefty says...

Umm... I think Jinx was going to be the first one to fully morph, which I think Nightcrawler was going to have be this round. Since each character's transition will take slightly different amounts of time, you can fully morph this round if you want to. Of the two/three posts that have been posted this round so far, the characters haven't fully morphed and Layla won't be fully morphing this round either. But if you want Dan to be one of the first full-morphers, you can do that this round.

Speaking of which... @Nightcrawler did you want me to post for Layla before or after you post for Jinx?
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

254 Reviews

Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:05 pm
Sonder says...

@LeftyWriter I was going to post Ryker's death today, and then I was thinking you could do Layla's POV for when she finds Jinx. You can end her post around where he's begging her for help, and then I can take over from his POV?
~Thoreau

93 Reviews

Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:09 pm
Lefty says...

Ok, that sounds like a plan. Thanks!

254 Reviews

Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:45 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

So here's what I was thinking with my post:

Panda bears have much slower heart rates than humans, and for some reason that's what formed first for Ryker. His heart slowed while he was at school, and the lack of blood to his brain led him to become sick, then lose consciousness. Because he passed out in the hall between classes, no one sees him for another half hour, and his brain is starved of oxygen.
By the time the medics arrive, his brain has been damaged beyond much repair, but he is still alive.

I'm thinking that he isn't actually dead at this time, but in a coma, with little hope of recovery. Maybe he'll wake up, but he'll be on breathing support and be mostly in a vegetative state.

This way, it will still shake everyone and he will not be in the story, but it also means we won't need to take time describing a funeral.

What do you guys think? I was trying to figure out how to continue it and kill him, but it's kind of hard because, well, he's unconscious. I thought it may be better if the other characters explain what happened to him through their posts.

What do you guys think? I can always change it up. I didn't want to keep everyone waiting for much longer, though. :)
~Thoreau

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:52 pm
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

I honestly really like that idea more! Well done @Nightcrawler
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

93 Reviews

Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:19 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Sounds great, @Nightcrawler!

177 Reviews

Reviews: 177
Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:29 pm
Chaser says...

What if we had the enemy make an attempt on Ryker's life to destroy/steal his DNA? Then somebody could stop (or fail to stop) the agent, and everything turns to chaos.
The hardest part of writing science fiction is knowing actual science. The same applies for me and realistic fiction.

93 Reviews

Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:41 pm
Lefty says...

I don't think it makes sense for anyone to be after the Animorphers until after the lab gets blown up. For now, M.E.L. is keeping an eye on them through Mr. Neil and everything is going as planned. But then the Japanese figure out who took their research and bomb the lab. After that, the Japanese are trying to get rid of the Animorphers, the US government is trying to capture them and the rebel organization is trying to recruit them. But until then, I'm not sure it makes sense for any "enemies" to be making attempts on the Animorphers lives.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:46 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Nicely done, Night! :)
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

93 Reviews

Sun Dec 20, 2015 6:51 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Okay, I'm going to start working on my Layla post now. I'm going to try to fit in Fantasy's idea, Jinx's part and some stuff going on with Layla too... but we shall see. It may end up being super long if I try to fit all that in. I'm not sure if I'll be able to say anything about Ryker... buy Layla doesn't really know him anyway. I'll try to mention something if I can.

Yewis superiority!
— Several authors from the auspicious site.