z

Young Writers Society

Mutants Anonymous DT

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:30 pm
View Likes
maleficent says...

So MA only goes after mutants that can benefit them?
That'd be quite clever. :)

@ScarlettFire They could want Wren because of the impersonation mission I mentioned to you earlier and her knowledge? Although it'd be fun if they reached out to Carter only to reject him :D
"Beware the darkness in your heart. The Heartless prey upon it."

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:37 pm
View Likes
RedBird says...

@ScarlettFire Rescuing would definitely be more his style, rather than spying.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:46 pm
ScarlettFire says...

@maleficent Haha, reject Carter? That's a possibility, though Loki might see the use his powers are. And yes, they choose members whose abilities would be helpful over those who are willing to help. I think they're a little...pushy sometimes. lol

As for Wren, yes. That would be one reason they'd want to seek her out. Believe it or not, but Loki and MA do have access to some of Medi-Co's research, and in particular, research from Bishop's division. Especially any lists of "projects" she has. >.> Although, they do not know everything, which means their info might be old and/or limited, hence Ezri.

@RedBird I figured rescuing would be his style~
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

385 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 385
Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:54 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@maleficent, I was wondering if your mutant could find my mutant a little before you come across the MA. My guy/girl will be very dependent on you if you do, and s/he most likely won't be accepted into MA, and I think that would be a cool and interesting plot twist.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:10 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Alright guys, this is what we have on Loki so far, or as much as is available to most people.

Spoiler! :
Alias: Loki.
Name: Currently Unavailable.
Age: Currently Unavailable, assumed late 20s, early 30s (this is based on various online and hacked tv station footage of multiple faces claiming to be the ever-shifty Loki).
Race: Mutant.

Powers: Loki can shapeshift, and therefore he or she could be anyone--even an animal, though that is unlikely. Maybe even that homeless person you pass on the corner every day. This is, by far, Loki’s strongest and most used ability. Loki also has darkness/shadow manipulation abilities, meaning he or she can literally bend the shadows to his/her will or even use them as a doorway of sorts, though this is probably Loki’s weakest and least used ability, mainly because of the sheer amount of concentration and focus needed to use it. With practice, this might become stronger. And finally, Loki has some minor, rarely used Telekinesis abilities, though these last two are unconfirmed.

Appearance: Loki’s appearance is a bit of a mystery, even to other MA members, as he or she shifts between faces and/or personas. On one day, Loki might be a pretty redhead girl, on another, a handsome, dark-haired man. Who knows. Loki’s a being of many faces.

Personality: Not much is known about Loki, but what is known is interesting. Loki is a fan of details and planning things out, and is not known for his or her temper. Unlike Bishop, who is cold, uncaring and cruel, Loki is kinder, more caring yet just as distant. Some believe this may be because of his/her shapeshifting ability and see that as a kind of distance from his or her true self and those he/she trusts. Loki is not usually violent, unless faced with a danger to him/herself and those under his/her care. He/she is also very intelligent, though struggles to deal with it, as many who join his/her cause are on a slightly different page or lower level than him/her.

Loki also highly dislikes the scientific tests done on mutants, and really hates Bishop’s little projects. He/she has no problem letting everyone know this, as it just helps to further Loki’s (and MA’s) cause. Loki is also not above admitting to his or her mistakes, and will discuss those mistakes with what he/she calls his/her Council, a number of undisclosed MA members who have been in the group from the start or joined very early on, before ultimately deciding on how to fix said mistakes or learn from them.

Pain is another trigger for Loki, other than the mention of Bishop and/or science labs. Many MA members assume this is related to his/her time in the lab before creating Mutants Anonymous, if that time in the lab even happen, though this reaction suggests it may have done so.

All of this is put together from various online, radio or tv station hacks and videos, many of which are taken down as swiftly as possible--most likely by Medi-Co, Bishop and/or the Government in general.

History: Currently Unavailable, though there are rumours of time spent as a science project in a lab. It is unknown whether this was Bishop’s lab or another’s.

Up for love: Loki is, indeed, up for love. If you can deal with someone whose face (and body) changes frequently~ XD

Other: Leader of the MA.

Current Council Members include but are not limited to; Kali, Hecate, Anubis, Fox and Orion.
Last edited by ScarlettFire on Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:12 pm
View Likes
maleficent says...

@Aquestioning
Definitely, that sounds good. Maybe Wren and Carter could meet your character a while before the MA approaches them. They'd come to like your character and negotiate with the leader that if they join, so does s/he. :wink:
"Beware the darkness in your heart. The Heartless prey upon it."

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:21 pm
View Likes
RedBird says...

Would it be okay if Jimmy started out at his shop, and is approached by Loki or another MA member about helping them?
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:22 pm
ScarlettFire says...

@RedBird that is totally fine by me. And it works, too, to bring him into the fold, so to speak.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:10 pm
View Likes
EnigmaticSpirit says...

I'm really sorry but I won't be able to post until Saturday (the Internet has gone down completely until Saturday according to lousy Virgin Media) and I'm having to type this out on my dad's phone (his phone can access other wireless networks that my computer can't) But I will have my profile up by Saturday.

I'm sorry! Blame Virgin Media, not me!
Words cut deeper than knives.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:20 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

AriaAdams wrote:The rules say up to three characters, so I don't see why not c:

Also, I submitted my profile and it awaits approval..it's a she, Bishop's PA, and a mutant, in short (so you know what you're dealing with).

The Aria thing will be amusing..I was tempted to have a guy named Dante, in all honesty. But I have a character with that name in my novel, and I'd just end up confusing myself xP

I'd be honored if you created a character with my name Aria.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

212 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:00 pm
ScarlettFire says...

TheGoonerGirl wrote:I'm really sorry but I won't be able to post until Saturday (the Internet has gone down completely until Saturday according to lousy Virgin Media) and I'm having to type this out on my dad's phone (his phone can access other wireless networks that my computer can't) But I will have my profile up by Saturday.

I'm sorry! Blame Virgin Media, not me!

I had this set to start on the 5th, my time. Which is Friday. And I'm going to start it on Friday. I don't want to put it off and have the SB just never start. Feel free to post your profile on Saturday, just be aware that you'll have in-character posts to read before you begin posting as your character.

And it's okay, Gooner, I have crappy internet myself sometimes. So you all know if I suddenly go offline, I've lost internet and am probably also broke so therefore cannot buy more. XD

So, guys, try not to go crazy until Gooner's caught up, yeah?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:12 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

No worries! I will restrain myself. XD
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:16 pm
crossroads says...

Pff Loki is brilliant xD

I was thinking, when I wrote Ezri's history, that it was the leader of MA who approached her and taught her. That, of course, I can change in my head, and make it a regular member who just decided to help, but her powers were weird at the time and she was as potentially useful as dangerous. Personally, I'd like the idea of her being some kind of pet project of MA's (kinda like Wolverine to prof X, and tell me to stop with X-Men parallels already), though she'd have then only see one or a few of Loki's additions and would know nothing really.
However, a question arises, does s/he have real self, real appearance s/he was born with and then shifts from?

Also, what are Ezri's working hours, Scar? xD And I was wondering, how much personal things would she know about Bishop?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:21 pm
Skydreamer says...

So, quick comment, I think that Layla would still be with her mom whenever she joins. And even when she's eighteen and older she could still contact her mother regularly, and may even be working with her mom and such. I should say that she plans to be a journalist, and so her mother may allow her to intern for experience. @ScarlettFire
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:29 pm
Shadowlight says...

Just to let everyone know- Balthazar is an ex-USA Marine.

Scarli- I have backstory as to how he became a mutant and how Eva joined him- it's totally epic. >:3
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

fun fact i hear my evil twin once wrote a story about a hacker who used the name fyshi33k bc there are 33k-ish species of fish and she liked phishing so fyshi-33k made sense but then she got super embarrassed when someone forced her to explain
— VyperShadow