z

Young Writers Society

Father, Forgive Us {DT}

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:22 am
Caesar says...

LoyalHeart wrote:"Avec le retour du Seigneur, celui qui a pris la pureté, seuls ceux qui restent impurs, la fin est proche, les profondeurs noires augmenter à mesure que celui qui a contesté le Seigneur se lève pour défier une fois de plus! J'appelle la puissance de l'impur comme le Seigneur de la hausse des impures, servir impurs servir votre nouveau maître que les hausses des profondeurs noires! J'appelle de suite ceux qui sont tombés de l'Enfer pour préparer ce monde pour son nouveau maître!" I chanted.

Sir, that is not Latin. Get your translator right :P
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:36 am
KingLucifer says...

Your late Ita.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:36 am
crossroads says...

So.. I don't know if anyone else has, but I thought of something.. I think there should be some background to everything, in form of explanations of the simple things in the world SB is taking place in. Like, it could be useful to know how/if some institutions work, so at least in that matter our stories fit with each other.

The government, i.e., is there even still such thing? The education system, are people even still giving birth to new people after the Apocalypse? What about churches, religion? Is everyone now Christian, seeing all that happened? Or is all the religion gone, does anyone still visit churches at all (my guess, Implanters wouldn't.. Exorcists maybe, but then the others would know where to look for them - or can demons even enter?)?
Or, let's say, hospitals.. I suppose no one would trust that someone is a surgent or something after all that happen (who can tell he/she isn't an Implanter?), so would people turn to Extractors if they need healing? Or would some old medicines return, or would people experiment with it? Or say, prisons.. Are there still prisons? Guards? Is there still a legal system?

I think we need to know how the world functions apart from demons and angels and, well, us :p
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:49 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

^that is a very very good idea.

117 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:54 pm
crossroads says...

... Yet neither of us actually offers anything concrete in answers to those questions :mrgreen:

So, Ita, you up to thinking of it with me?
- they/them -

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:58 pm
Caesar says...

Totes.

117 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:04 pm
crossroads says...

Say, chat in a couple of hours?
You get too choose if you prefer the YWS one or some other xD

Also, you changed your signature o:
- they/them -

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:07 pm
Caesar says...

xD sure.

And I did!

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:38 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

Sorry, guys. I meant to answer this a couple of hours ago, actually, but I couldn't. Still really sick over here :). But yes, Aria, that's a good idea and I've been thinking about it, so here are your answers.

There are no children here, all children will have been saved seeing that no kid could have committed a sin big enough for them to have been left behind. That said, no one is allowed to give birth either. Think of this post-apocalyptic Earth as basically Hell. There is no government, the highest form of order has been handed over to Lucifer and the demons. In the small village-type civilizations there are leaders, but no one controlling like a President over everybody.

Churches? In Hell? I don't think so. Same goes for prisons. No prisons. No.

There is still medicine, whatever has been scavenged from the hospitals and pharmacies, but that is quickly running out. Extractors will eventually become the number one method of healing. There are other Exorcists out in the world apart from our group - same goes for demons. Whenever the modern medicine runs out people will have to revert to old medicine. All doctors are not good people, so there are probably still some of them left behind.

And how could you trust them? Well you can't really trust anybody, can you?

Now about religion. I suppose you can say everyone is now Christian in the sense that they all know that God is real, but God has left them, so all religion is now empty. God's presence has vanished from this Earth, so no prayers will be answered. Plus, the demons are going around spreading the word that, if you give yourself up completely to Lucifer, you will be spared. This is a lie, of course, but people have begun to believe them. In their eyes, God has gone for good and their last hope is Lucifer. So people do not want to repent at all, which makes the Exorcist's job harder.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:41 pm
Caesar says...

mwahaha

117 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:45 pm
crossroads says...

So I see.. Pretty much fits with what I had in mind, thanks very much ^^

Ita, chat. Now.
- they/them -

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:57 pm
Alvarin says...

ReisePiecey wrote:Plus, the demons are going around spreading the word that, if you give yourself up completely to Lucifer, you will be spared. This is a lie, of course, but people have begun to believe them.

So what happens to Jamie if the demons win? Because I was hoping that he could join the demons :)
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:02 pm
Caesar says...

Orrr if Mark and Mark wins.

117 Reviews

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:03 pm
crossroads says...

I figured, anyone can get possessed by a demon..
Also, what do you mean, if?
- they/them -

289 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:06 pm
Caesar says...

Well, I'm giving y'all a sporting chance, no? ;P

Il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux (One must imagine Sisyphus happy).
— Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus