♔Victorian Dives♔ OOC

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:19 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

LadyMysterio wrote:
TheScribe wrote:
crossroads wrote:everyone having multiple characters... making me think about things... oh no

I'm actually working on 7 more students and 4(?) characters that are either teachers, staff members, or Headmasters/mistresses at the other schools, so probably XD

do you mean, as your own characters? or as more characters for other writers?

As his own... He's crazy, in his own way XD
~C
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

Random avatar

Reviews: 112
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:39 am
View Likes
SpunkyMonkey says...

Spoiler! :
Character Sheet

Name: Sosie Bennet

Race: Hybrid

Personality: Is very sweet and kind, but also firm when she wants to be. She's a bit shy, and not very confident in herself. The rest is to be discovered.

Powers Description: Has super hearing and can hear in higher and lower frequencies than regular humans. Is currently trying gain the power of invisibility, but can only make a part of her hands invisible as of now. She can also phase, but it isn't a very reliable power.

Views on Magic and Reasoning: She sometimes thinks that magic should be forbidden from all but a select few. But at other times she thinks that it should be pushed, and more should be discovered.

Class: Middle Class

Family: (opt)

Backstory: (opt) She was part of a sort of "project" that took place in two families: The Bennets and the Lauriers. Basically, they wanted world domination, and decided to work together for 6 generations to make a hybrid that was very powerful. They had humans mate with other magical creatures, and so on and so forth, til Sosie had a lot of different magical creatures in her family and in her blood. But she didn't get any powers with it. Just the potential to make magic eventually. After that disappointment, she was raised by one of her aunts, who was a witch and occasionally cast a spell on her to help her try and discover different powers.

Profession: Student

Looks: (opt) She is very lightly tanned, with platinum blonde hair, and very blue eyes. She is short (5'2), with long fingers, and slightly pointed ears.

@TheScribe Sorry this was late Kendall. Please @ me if this isn't okay XD.
Last edited by SpunkyMonkey on Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<3 i lub you wonderful hooman <3

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:41 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

@SpunkyKitty that's good!
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:15 am
View Likes
deleted32 says...

Ask me to fill out a character form, and I explain the details of my childrens hearts XD, but please accept my humble ramblings.
*crosses fingers and hopes they work, then bows ninja style*

Spoiler! :

Call me your favorite angel, them tell me I'm your greatest demon, but let these words haunt you beyond deah: That makes me more human then you: Twice able to care about you...and or twice as able to kill you-Davina's motto.
Name: Davina 'Gemini' Cyfer
Race: Human/rumored to be part demon (it's never been confirmed but it's true).
Personality: ENTP with XNFX shadow and XXTJ ghost.
She has that ENTP love of debating, dark wit, and moral ambiguity, but she's more ENTJ in her singular focus on her ambitions (hence the TJ ghost). She also has a strong need to be in control of the rules and structure of others people's life.
Granted that's a need that's present in ENTP's and ENTJ's but how it manifest is different.
ENTJ's control through order. They don't challenge rules, they create them.
ENTP's control through chaos-they challenge the rules with their own rules.
Davina does both, but with a slight lean towards the ENTJ method.

The 'NF' shadow (which stems from the inferior Fe), is because she feels emotions at depths most people can't.
This brain-child, though she hides it, has a compassionate side the size of the moon. A side which, like the rest of her, has been abused so it passes itself off as something other then compassion.

This girl has a three-way motivation track:

.Prove that she is the smartest person in the room.

.Spread chaos to heal others. Gemini learned to bury her hurt, a=under layers and layers of humor, and then express that hurt through humor in a very destructive way. She also has a twisted idea that spreading that chaos to others is going to save them from feeling the same hurt she feels.

.She has an idea that kindness is not the opposite of evil but actually evil, and that love is actually hate. Especially since one can easily turn into the other, and she's dead set on proving it.

Whenever she encounters a situation she responds to it in accordance to either of those three motives.

Powers Description:

Shapeshifting: She can shapeshift into a two-tailed Turkish-angora Main-coon hybrid, whose half-black on one side of her body, and half orange on the other.

Demon Abilities: As a result of her demon blood, Gemini is good at potions as well as magic that involves deception-(transformation and mirroring spells).
She has a power only the 'ifer/yfer/ipher' any name that ends with the sound 'eye-fur' line of demons have, anati triateur. The ability to gain control over a persons soul. Or to be more exact become the protector of their soul/bind another persons soul in eternal servitude to them. This power can only be used under certain conditions:
1. A deal is struck, between the user of anati triateur and it's receiver
2. The deal struck is fair and gives to both sides equally
3. Both participants have a deep connection with/ have done three favors for each other.
Side note: If the connection between them is deep enough, they can synchronize souls

Views on Magic and Reasoning: Gemini understands that magic can be used for good. It can heal relationships, injuries, it can bring peace. Gemini understands that magic can be used for evil. It can tear two people a part, kill people, and bring chaos.
She understands the mindsets of those who use magic for evil or good.
But, she can also take two steps back and realize that magic on it's own is useless. It always requires someone to use it. So she has great contempt for magic.
Class: Lower
Family:
Mother: Angelica Earnshaw (ISXJ)
Father: Mystifer .W. Morningstar (Not typing him. Demons are divine so they can be every type at once-kinda like humans speak of the devil akdjshfsafhjasdfjkh)
Backstory:
Angelica was a simple woman, but like her daughter, had a rebellious streak (though it was less pronounced). Friends and family described her as shy, gentle, but with a sense of quiet strength. She ended up working as a maid for a normal upper-class family called the Howells.

Everyone was shocked when Angelica revealed that she was expecting a daughter, and when the child was born, the male members of the Howell family accused each other of fathering the baby.

However as little Gemini matured, it became apparent that she was different.
Accidents would happen around her. Candles would flicker on when someone entered a room/off when someone exited a room, chairs would break when sat on, dishware would float freaking guests out etc.
Rumor began to spread that she was part demon, and the Howelles plotted an assassination attempt which Angelica escaped.

However due to her daughters rep she couldn't find work again and became homeless.

From ages 3-4 Davina lived and learned the ways of the street.

You had to be fast. You had to be smart. You had to be agile, or it would be game over.

When a new orphanage opened in town, her mother decided it would be best if her daughter was raised there. It was the only chance she had of a normal life.

But Davina's life went downhill from there.

The lessons she'd learned in the streets were to far engraved in her brain, and she didn't fit in.

She was viewed as a freak, a monster, and those who didn't fear her, bullied her.

Which strengthened her desire to prove that she was better then them.

Unfortunately that led her down dark paths.

She got involved in cults, and began to lead a dual life.

By day she was the scum of the orphanage, but by night she engaged in cultwork.
She didn't quite fit in there either, and she hated the fact that the highest position she could have was the priests wife. She also found that she didn't agree with their beliefs, and decided they needed liberation.
When she met a werecat named Ashton who hit off well (maybe to well) with her, she formulated a plan to change things.
Davina quickly got Ashton under the anati triateurbond, this binding his soul in eternal servitude to her, convinced him to be her assasin, and used him to kill half the members of her cult.
At the time she got the invitation she was plotting to 'liberate' the orphanage (and a few years later, she'd be responsible for the murders associated with Jack the Ripper. )
Profession: Besides being mother chaos or a student? She's pretty much a drifter. She's tried to get a job as a maid several times but typically got fired after a few minuets (Usually because she made premature judgments on the intelligence of her employers, and got tired of listening to them talk in 3 minuets flat). She's also tried her hand as a nurse but that failed (she was 'too abrasive' with patients and constantly challenged her employer [ie: normally comments like why do you want me to hold the leech? Are you sure you don't want me to place it your arm/leg/neck? Unless your me, and unfortunately your not, you have no right to tell me how I'm handling the leeches every 10 seconds. And the one that got her fired: How was I to know your wife wouldn't like my necklace of leeches? She's a sucker for you after all]) she also tried working as a secretary for a drugist, but ended up getting an on/off addiction to opium and had to quit.
Looks:
As you'd imagine, Devina has a verrry unusual and bold fashion sense, especially for that era.
This was the bases for her character design:

First her hair is longer, and strawberry blonde not yellow.
Secant the shirt is white, with black sleeves that end with ruffles and instead of a black tail-coat, she's wears a yellow trench coat over a yellow vest, with a red cape edged with yellow ruffles.
The golden eye is accurate. She has one normal colored eye and one gold-red.
One other thing to note: She wears a gold colored, triangle shaped pendant with fancy zodiac designs.

Spoiler! :

For every star there is a shadow, and as long as she is my star, I will always be her loyal shadow-Ashton's motto.
Name: Ashton Hatt aka Schadenfreude
Race: Werecat
Personality: A very tumultuous INFP, and precious son whom I will defend with my life. Ashton can come off as innocent but that's for a variety of reasons: He loves discussing his deepest innermost thoughts and feelings, he values his true-self and is incapable of being anything but genuine. He definitely wears his emotions (and his heart) on his sleeve.

However, if you took the time to get to know him, you'd find that there's a depth of wisdom in him that's very distinctive. And you'd realize that he understands pain more then anyone else in the world.

And once you hit that mark, you'd just keep unveiling new and surprising layers.

But first you'd have through the layers of fear, and no I don't want to talk, pain has stripped me of my wordsitiveness
And takes some special work.

In other words, he's essentially Toothless from HTTYD.
When you first meet him you'd think he plays 'Frankenstiens Monster' for Davina because he loves her. Which is partly true, but it's not the entire case.
He's also exploring his humanity. He believes the pain of others is the key to understand humanity, the best way to inflict pain on someone is to kill them. At the same time, he's trying to preserve his sense of self and therefore his humanity. To his thinking, murder is the only chance he has to be himself without boundries.
Shapeshift: He can shapeshift into a human, and back into his original form.
Potions: He's not Davina, but he's decent with potions.
Thievery/Assassination: His strongest skills are those associated with thieves and assassins: Physical strength, agility, and the ability to handle weapons.
Views on Magic and Reasoning: He hates magic, especially Davina's magic. And let me tell you, as an INFP, when we hate something, we hate it with a passion so strong we can feel it in our chest.
Class: Lower
Family: Unknown
Backstory:
He never knew who his parents were. They left him at the doorstep of an orphanage when he was a 1 month old baby. Soon he found why-he was a werecat.
Once he had that realization, he fell into a vortex of self hate and isolated himself from others.
Not that that was necessary. The other kids already hated and bullied him.
When he met Davina Cyfers, he thought he saw a lot of himself in her. She seemed quiet and shy-like him. And turns out, she too, had been scorned in fear. They seemed to share a deeper sense of understanding...to give a name love. It wasn't head-over-heels-type love, it was quieter, deep running, but he was smitten with Davina and she seemed to be over the moon for him to, so when Cyfer asked it he wanted to be forever partners (eternal servant by anati triateur is what she really meant) he was more then happy.
Then she revealed a new side to her personality.
She told him she was half demon, and that by using the special handshake in agreement to be forever partners, he'd given his soul into her care, and owed her eternal servitude.
He then saw her for the manipulator she was. But he also couldn't help but see beyond her persona and into the broken pieces of her compassion, and agreed to train as her assassin in hopes that he could possibly change her (read: get her to love him again).
Ultimately though, it was she who was changing him, not he who was changing her.

Profession: Student
Looks:
HUMAN
This is definitely his hair style
Only difference is, his hair is dark brown not black.
The expression is also different. His eyes are brown, wide, and filled with cautious curiosity.
His body is pretty lanky, with thin arms and legs.
He wears a classic outfit: A ragged white shirt buttoned to a pair of faded trousers.
WERECAT
Even as a werecat he's small and lanky. It's only accentuated with his slanted green eyes, and long tail. His fur pattern is that of a King Cheetahs.
Last edited by deleted32 on Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:08 am, edited 6 times in total.
She who calls the stars to shine

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:56 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Ooo we started!

Can I call going last (or as close as it gets) so Cent can sit up on the roof and brood over everyone coming in, and then be late for whatever's happening once everyone shows up? :mrgreen:
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

256 Reviews

Reviews: 256
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:00 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

(Just a quick suggestion-- can we do something where whenever someone asks for permission, people who agree can like the post and anyone who disagrees can just reply with clarification? Let's try it out with this post and the one above it!)
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:02 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

We started!!! Wow!!!
*boop*

34 Reviews

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:05 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

Who's going first?
*boop*

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:06 am
View Likes
AceassinOfTheMoon says...

Oh god we started already I was NOT PREPARED
Uhhhh if no one else wants to I can go first
this is Ace erasure and I won't stand for it— silv

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

Ace, you’re aggressively loved. Accept or perish.— Wist

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

256 Reviews

Reviews: 256
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:07 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Sorry it's actually pretty late for me, I'll have my first post up in about 11 hours maybe!
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

34 Reviews

Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:08 am
View Likes
ChesTacos says...

I kinda want to go second or third if thats ok?
*boop*

Random avatar

Reviews: 67
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:14 am
View Likes
deleted32 says...

...why do I suddenly feel like Ashton's a bit melodramatic, reading over what I've written about him iamo??? Then again, I was listening to Dark waltz music (trying to get a feel for that 1800's vibe you know?) when I wrote it all so maybe that explains it :P
She who calls the stars to shine

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:34 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

I should be able to get a post in around late afternoon of tomorrow!
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:36 am
View Likes
AceassinOfTheMoon says...

No one seems to have any objections, so I'll go ahead and get a post up lol
this is Ace erasure and I won't stand for it— silv

I haven't really said anything about ace but that's cause I'm usually speechless with how awesome ace is— Harry

Ace, you’re aggressively loved. Accept or perish.— Wist

[Ace]
[she/they/xe]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:34 am
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@ChesTacos, I hope it's okay that I slipped a post in before you! I like doing my roleplay posts before starting on my schoolwork, so I wanted to get one in this morning.

Also, I posted! I had Alice get some help from a certain mysterious someone with her school supplies.

It's totally Edward.

Also @TheScribe and @crossroads, I definitely feel you both on having a lot of characters. <3

Back when I first started roleplaying, it was also normal for me to have at least five characters - I couldn't stop myself from throwing new characters in whenever I suddenly had the motivation to write them. I've gotten a little better with that now, but I only changed because I'd get bored with some of the many characters and forget to write them. :P
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

The ink in which our lives are inscribed is indelible.
— Helena 'HG' Wells, Warehouse 13