Young Writers Society

rPMD: Guardians of Erebus DT

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:55 am
View Likes
Carina says...

To be honest, Ilona was inspired by Esmeralda from Disney's version of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, lol. So I tried to give this gypsy vibe (which, by the way, it looks like I succeeded since I was curious and looked into her surname ;)), so naturally I chose Romania.

I actually had to YouTube what a Romanian accent sounds like in English, so no worries. It sounds really similar to a Russian accent, but it's a little different.

Anyways, I'm going to be honest and say I'm going to take my time to edit my profile for the additional question. I mean, what?

*goes back to hibernation*
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

saint carina, patron saint of rp
—SilverNight

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:34 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I see. Okay, so imagine a Russian accent, just not as prominent. Got it.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:19 pm
StupidSoup says...

Uh I'm off the grid for about a week so...yeah
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:23 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Should we introduce you as a Theta? That way, you can take the next few weeks off. You'll be the first or second one they encounter, then.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

54 Reviews

Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:25 pm
StupidSoup says...

Yup

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:25 am
BrumalHunter says...

@Robusto, if I don't hear from you before Saturday, Psyche will be made a Theta too. Please hurry with that character profile. I have all the positions sorted, save for hers and Ariadne's.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:56 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter I'll have my character profile/template by Saturday as well, normally. Sorry for bein' so late - hopefully though, I won't start out as a Theta.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

54 Reviews

Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:51 pm
StupidSoup says...

Same

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:13 pm
Robusto says...

Terribly sorry for the absence, @Astralhunter. So much going on in my life lately. Family illnesses...
But I shall do whatever is best! So whatever this Theta is, I suppose I shall be it! But I will have my character profile up soon.

293 Reviews

Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:57 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Yay! @Tortwag, @15253 @StupidSoup (still not used to that), and @Robusto, I shall give you extension until Saturday (Saturday is included), then.

Just to recap(itulate), "Theta" is the term Hekate will be using instead of "Pokémon". It will also be used to refer to the Pokémon as you encounter them. Here is an example for encountering the Gyarados:
1. If Gyarados is the fiftieth Pokémon encountered, they will be known as Theta Fifty at first.
2. If they receive a proper codename (such as Scylla), they will only be known by that from that point forward, and if they don't, they can't be converted to join you.
3. If the Gyarados rampages but isn't important enough to receive a codename, it will be given a codename to reflect its ranking in relation to the rampaging Pokémon/Thetas before it, such as Gamma Thirty-One.
4. If the Gyarados doesn't rampage but wants to live peacefully, its codename is assigned in the same manner as if it were rampaging, such as Beta Nineteen.

Therefore, you want to avoid being introduced as a Theta, because that means you were convinced to join and are less likely to be assigned your own team. (That will happen, and you will be able to control NPCs and stuff.) So yeah, starting as an Alpha (Alpha = Allied Theta) is preferable.

Also, why has nobody claimed Polyphontes? The poor codename must be feeling rejected just about now.

PS: Robusto, I hope all goes well with your family and that the ill individual/s recover soon.
— Paul the Apostle

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:05 pm
TheSilverFox says...

Well then, given the opportunity available, and what could become of it, I'll claim Polyphontes. Can I have him as somebody who was formerly a Pidgeot? <.<
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

293 Reviews

Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:10 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@TheSilverFox is online! I see you online so often, yet I never get the opportunity to speak to you because you people make yourselves scarce in IM. Thus, come find me, and we shall discuss it. :P
— Paul the Apostle

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:28 am
Ventomology says...

Okay so I might be getting in over my head, but if there are superhero costumes, can I design them?
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

293 Reviews

Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:12 am
BrumalHunter says...

I guess I never thought of that. Sure, you may go ahead, @Buggiedude2340. I don't have any ideas, so you can do whatever you like. I can PM you a full list of all the recurring characters, if that would make your job more convenient.

Also, the deadline for the challenge has been extended by another week, so needn't stress about that, @TheSilverFox. ;)
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:59 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

...huh. I alredy have my costume in mind, personally, but that's a great idea!
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

A Prince of Darkness Is a Gentleman
— William Shakespeare