z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 3

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:16 pm
TheSilverFox says...

(has an idea as to what that problem is but isn't sure whether to say it or not because it might sound stupid (but I might do some research during my break, which extends from now until...4 in the afternoon in time zone UTC - 7). <.<)
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:16 pm
Charizard821 says...

You know, I'm just now realizing that the signature you use on the YWS says a lot about you. How did I figure this out? Comparing Hunter's to mine. Hunter's is very philosophical and intriguing and mine is... Nogla. XD

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:45 pm
StupidSoup says...

DAITHI XD

Char u win the signatures
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:20 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Charizard821 ...*stares at own signature* ...Hmm. I think I see what you mean.

Also, hey, I hadn't noticed you had changed yours. I might follow that example.

@AstralHunter It's incredible the amount of inner voices we have in this SB, and the completely different ways we use them. I thought I'd be the only one usin' that system at first, it still surprises me.
Zulu's is basically a freakin' evil Millenium Object spirit - for those who did not get that reference... I mean come on, I know we didn't all watch Yu-Gi-Oh, but I assure you googling it will be quick and easy - Twinkiel's a manifestation of his madness and hidden desires, and Riley's just a second voice expressing his doubts - or so we've seen so far.

I mean, for crying out loud, even in the inner voice aspect, Riley is more normal than everybody else XD
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

58 Reviews

Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:33 am
Charizard821 says...

Haha my goal was to make Riley literally as average as possible. It may make him a little less interesting sure, but I feel like it also makes him easy to connect with. All his inner voice is and ever will be is a manifestation of his own thoughts and opinions. cx

@Tortwag, if that Carl has any affiliations with a hat...

@15253 I am very proud to accept my victory trophy in the Signature War. Thank you. Also, it's one of my favourite lines of his. Makes me laugh every time. That and the GTA secret underwater room episode where he rages out. Priceless XD

40 Reviews

Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:25 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Charizard821 Well you sure as heck succeeded. And no, I don't think it's any less interesting in the slightest: in fact, I find quite interesting how his normality stands out from the crazy stuff he's surrounded by. We've got one pretty average guy stuck with a crew full of "crazy-factor" all over the place. It's just bound to be hilarious.

Of course that Carl's affiliated with a hat. 'Twas either that or a quote from the Mask. Or Megamind.
It's also the name of a a sadistic Dota 2 champion. Who actually says VERY similar stuff to the one in my signautre.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

58 Reviews

Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:45 am
Charizard821 says...

Next I'm gonna be seeing quotes about magical liopleurodons or flying otters with bored marshmallows riding atop them.

And I'm glad I succeeded. I honestly feel like part of Riley is detached from reality, considering how calmly he's taken all this insanity. If that were to re-focus he might be bouncing off the walls panicking! XD

Then again it could also be because he still remembers nearly nothing about his past.

40 Reviews

Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:13 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oh hey, you remembered the lioplerodon - the extra "u" is only added in French, so my mistake there - was my favorite super predator. Neat.
I'd rather have an otter ridin' it though. So expect the otter instead of the marshmallow.

...Define "calmly", because I'm more under the impression that he's slowly getting used to it, but still needs time to fully adjust himself, lol.
Detached from reality you say? Is that Twinkiel's influence there, because that's basically where his insanity comes from.

...Ah. I forgot about that. It's true, we barely had any flashbacks with Riley's past life. Hopefully these won't mess him up like it did to a few of our Humons.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:20 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I'd like to point out the irony in that Riley (though technically his author :P ) caused Gabriel to become how he is by forcing me to use something that I'd only added because many people have nicknames they don't like. (In my opinion, "Gabe" diminishes the awesomeness of the name "Gabriel", which is why I don't like it.) If it hadn't been for that fight, there would have been four normal-ish characters, and not just three (i.e. Riley, Flurry, and Jewels).

So... whoever says I can't improvise is a blatant liar - I improvised one my best plots ever! :twisted:
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

58 Reviews

Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:40 am
Charizard821 says...

(And I ruined another of his ^^; )

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:07 am
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Oh my gosh oh my GOSH! I landed a minor speaking role (okay, probably a one-liner) in the school musical, and I just had to tell you all the moment I got home from tonight's show.

Also, since rehearsals for this next show are right after school, chances are I'll have more time to write and such than I did for Mary Poppins.

Ciao for now! Remember to Thoreau out the trash.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

40 Reviews

Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:48 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Buggiedude2340 Are you happy with your short-lived performance? :D One-liners are always cool from my experiences.

More time to write? BOOYAH.

Tata for now! (lovin' this expression)
Did not understand the Thoreau thing. *Googles* ...Hmm. So an American literature boss.
Still didn't get the reference. I feel very much ignorant.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:10 am
TheSilverFox says...

@Tortwag: Thoreau's name is pronounced not unlike the word "throw" in English, so Buggie here was making a joking relating to "throwing out the trash."

And yes, it was funny, Buggie. :P

(Would say more but I'm kind of busy, so I'll vanish for now.)
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

40 Reviews

Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:56 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

Ah. Specific Pronunciation. That explains a LOT of jokes I did not understand up until now. Hmm.

@TheSilverFox And that was a welcomed explanation!

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:43 am
Robusto says...

MY GOSH

I have stared into the Smash Bros void... and have arisen a true warrior.
Nine hours of Smash Bros. without stop have been made. Some might have called me a fool for attempting such a thing. But I'm better for it now. My mental processing capabilities have risen tenfold.

Oh, and the Tempest post is coming along well. It's going to be pretty long.

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
— J.K. Rowling