z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 3

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:19 pm
TheSilverFox says...

11 long years, Tort. o-o And the birthday was yesterday, might I add. Specifically, around 4:30 - 5:30 PM my time (Mountain Daylight Time) yesterday (I'm assuming this specific time frame to be the exact date because Nate himself did say that that was about the time he founded the YWS), when Nate held a radio show event to celebrate the 11th birthday of the YWS. It was cool. :D
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:46 pm
Robusto says...

Whoa. Didn't know that. Happy late birthday Silver.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:16 pm
TheSilverFox says...

Ummm...I was referring to the YWS's birthday, @Robusto. I'm a few years older than eleven. <.<

Then again, I did refrain from telling anybody else that my birthday was actually a few months ago (don't ask why. <.<), so...thanks. :P
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

24 Reviews

Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:32 pm
Robusto says...

Oops. My mistake. I read your statement as you saying your birthday AND YWSs birthday were yesterday.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:34 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@TheSilverFox 11 years old? Well. That's a lot more than what I ws expecting. Neat!

Oh. The Radio thing was yesterday.
...Hm.

Sometimes I can't help but think that I should care more about community things. Old habits die hard, I suppose :/
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:44 pm
StupidSoup says...

will they do the radio thing next year?
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:32 pm
Charizard821 says...

I would like to say something about the Paris attacks. Problem is... I have no idea what to say. It's just been a slew of awful emotions that have festered in my gut since I heard about it. Mostly of fear and disgust. Fear for the safety of other innocents, including myself and my family, and disgust at the utter waste of human life. I guess a good-ish way to express how I feel is with a little fun fact. I'm a rather naive person, and that's because I choose to be. I don't like seeing the Earth for all the terrible events that take place on it, I'd prefer to believe that all humans are good, and that the world is a good place. There's no scientific backing to that, no statistic to prove it, it's just me. You can call me uneducated, but there's a reason for it. When things like this happen, it showcases some of humanity's worst sides, sides that I prefer not to acknowledge. That's why I try to avoid learning about these attacks and the gruesome details of them. I'd just rather not know. To the poor souls taken in extremist attacks, rest in peace, and I sincerely hope and pray that this will not happen again.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:38 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

Hunter, I have amended the passage of time. If you want to include some narration during the travels, go ahead. Otherwise, we've set ourselves up for a good long wait.

Also, if you ever get a nosebleed during a theater production, kids, be prepared for some quotes from the Scottish play. I had some bloodstains on my hands last night (dehydration, burning hot stage lights, and four layers of clothing are a great combination), and suddenly I was Lady Macbeth.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:19 pm
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

Extremist groups suck ._.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

40 Reviews

Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:18 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Charizard821 Sorry in advance for being the party pooper, but that's only because what happened in Paris is horrible.

It's going to happen again. It's only the beginning, the attacks ARE going to spread. It's a good thing that you avoid learning about these things - I avoid the TV news pretty much because I'm sick of hearing about people dying, so I understand - but let's be realistic here. That was just the beginning.

I don't think I'd dare call anyone in YWS uneducated, and certainly not you Char, and I think that it's normal to, you know, avoid learning about painful things.
I'm just... I mean, I just hope you acknowledge that they're the bad things are still THERE when you say that you'd rather believe that all humans are good. Because it sounds like you're trying to run away from the sight of evildoings - and I mean no disrespect by saying that, I just feel like we humans shouldn't ignore what our dark side is doing.
With that said, I hope I'm not shocking you when I ask if I'm the only one here who's not actually remotely moved or disgusted by what happened to these people who died - which is ironic, since I'm the one living in France.

I mean... Yeah, it's a waste of human lives. They didn't deserve to end like they did.
But uhhh, you know, Hitler did his thing. So did Stalin. So did Mao - who, might I remind you, wasted more lives than Hitker and Stalin COMBINED, then died of old age.
Whoop dee doo.
The Christian Inquisition did their thing, too - and for very similar reasons to the Islamic extremists, I might add, because extremists for the win, am I right? Oh, and so did the Americans on the coasts of Vietnam. Because Napalm and Agent Orange are fun lil' bombs. Who by the way are creating physically deformed babies in Vietnam to this very day. Ain't that fun to witness when you're the parent?
Oh wait! I almost forgot my favorite one.
So did every European that participated in the 200 years of slavery. Which, as we all know are still affecting people to this day - and having suffering from discrimination myself, maybe that's why I grew up to be such a cynical being.
...I could go on for hours with this list.

I guess the only justifications I have for that soulless stare I gave to my TV's shocking images of people dying last night - before going back to watching Hunter X Hunter - is that, unlike you Char, I've heard and read about enough things to be... Um... Unaffected by many things. So... Yeah. I don't think there's anything to say, Char. We've got humans killing humans.
As usual.
For no real, valid reason.
As usual.
With innocent people suffering from it.
...as usual. Round up next week for the next bad news!
Told you I'd be the party pooper. Amazing how much I sound like Twinkiel in his latest posts, eh?

Anyway, it's already great that you acknowledge the waste of human life that happened - I hope for you that you didn't see the recorded footage like Mom and I, 'cause it was nasty - but thanks for the support given to these people, they really do need it.

All I have to say personally is that I am not going to Paris' Japan Expo this year. That's like the main place they could kill people in when it begins in July. *sigh* the world is much for fun when it's safe.

(hope this whole text didn't sound like U was patronizing, because that isn't my intention at all.)
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

24 Reviews

Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:13 pm
Robusto says...

The best thing to do at this point is to just move forward. Being afraid is exactly what terrorists want of people.
There are bad people in the world, so bad stuff is going to happen. But I for one refuse to be any less jolly than I usually am because of them. I'm lucky enough to still have my friends, family, and my creativity, and I'm thankful for that. It was a tragedy, but this isn't the first tragedy in the world and it won't be the last. But no matter what happens, I won't let it change me.

40 Reviews

Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:06 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

*stares at super long paragraphs.*
*stares at Robusto's concluding text.*

...I need to learn how to freaking summarize...

@Robusto I feel like some tragedies or stuff that happen around you change you or your way of thought, no matter what.
But... Kinda agree with you there. Sleep and dream; Movin' one's the wisest option.
I just hope they'll be stopped more efficiently next time, since we expect them now.

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:27 am
Charizard821 says...

Yeah, Tort, I know realistically it will happen again, but that's why I choose to be an idealist. I know all too well there are bad people in the world. My statement was that I'd rather pretend that A. They aren't there or B. They still have good in them. That way I avoid having to go through a real heartbreaking time with these things like Silver who was so overcome by emotion he cried, and Hunter, who's sort of taken a mini vow of YWS silence. I don't want to have those feelings, so while I acknowledge the losses and horrible acts, I try not to dwell on them. (Of course, then the guilt of feeling ignorant sets in, but y'know.) Anyways, whether or not this happens again, to me, doesn't matter. Well it does, but what matters more is believing that it won't. It helps me maintain some positivity in the negatively emotional whirlwind of being a teenager. Hope that made sense.

40 Reviews

Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:38 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

Wha... Silence? Cry? I feel blind now, 'cause I didn't realize any of this. So I am the only one here that's not affected by this whole thing, huh. Guess it's... kinda good, since I'm not suffering.
Hmm.

It did make sense, yes! Basically you'll stick to your idealistic views because it helps you go through tough emotional phases, right? That's what I understand at least, and frankly, yeah, that makes sense. It's one way to deal with all this pressure and things happening to us and/or around us, so if it helps you stay who you are, well that's good. Really.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:48 am
Ventomology says...

Hey just to warn you all:

I know I don't post much in the first place, but I'm sensing a rough week ahead, so if there are any emergencies I need to know about, please use a PM. I have e-mail notification for that, so I'll be able to respond pretty quickly.

Ciao for now!
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

If you don't know it's impossible it's easier to do. And because nobody's done it before, they haven't made up rules to stop anyone doing that again, yet.
— Neil Gaiman