z

Young Writers Society

Animorphers DT

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:20 pm
View Likes
Sunshine1113 says...

I'm not expecting us to really go with everything I just said, I was being sciencey and nitpicky kind of to the point of being wayyy too technical than what we really need. I am a science nerd, could not help myself :P

At the very least we should take this into consideration about the eating:

Sunshine1113 wrote:Also they probably wouldn't be so hungry all the time. They would be hungriest after having to heal a wound, going into a morph, and coming out of one. I mean they would be hungrier than they ever have been as a new norm, but the more extreme hunger wouldn't kick in until doing those things.

Possibly when they do anything athletic they would now be better with speed/reflex. And they also may burn more calories and this may also make them just as hungry as say healing a wound would make them.

I kind of think it would be good conflict and kinda amusing to see Gwen struggle with this because in order to keep up with her faster metabolism she would have to eat meat. And the kids end up having to always keep snacks on them.

Also: what about their instincts in animal form? Would they have their animals instincts to a certain extent, like basic instinct for fight/flight and hunting? It may help them if they ever went into battle, plus help the birds know how to fly, Oliver would know he could shed his tail to get away from danger, etc.
~Sun Goddess~

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:41 pm
Steggy says...

I think when the people morph into their animal, they should have their own individual instincts (the ones that the animals have when they morph). It, like @Sunshine1113 said, it could help them into battle since wolves have long hours of stamina and geckos can regrow their tails.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:15 pm
View Likes
Europa says...

I like that too. It would be either Cole or Neon with me. Cole so I could establish Riley's feelings about him (She's not too sure what to think of him) And if it were Neon there could be a bit with him and Riley where she's trying to make conversation and he keeps brushing it off, and Riley is shocked by the fact that he has the ability to bring her to a loss for words.

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:57 pm
Sonder says...

I would want Jinx go be with someone he dislikes, to cause conflict. Maybe Cole? But if not, does anyone else want to be with him? :)
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

279 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:03 pm
Steggy says...

Michael can go with anyone. He'll gladly be a good partner when going on a field trip.
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:35 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

I'm cool with anyone. Whoever thinks Emma would effect their story in any way.
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:45 pm
Sunshine1113 says...

Gwen could pair with Oliver. But if Emma or Dan wants to claim Gwen that's cool too.
~Sun Goddess~

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:03 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Wow, lots of posts! Good morning. ;)

I agree with the hunger part. And I thought everything sciencey you said was really interesting! I'm always trying to figure out the most realistic and plausible way of going about things, so it was really helpful for me.

Hehe I have an image of cute little Charlotte like, downing a 30oz steak.

I also agree they should have their own individual instincts. And technically, we could take it to the point where they have to suppress some instincts from time to time. Like Layla, as a Fox, seeing a mouse could be something she has to deal with because an actual fox would go after it with no hesitation. They could have some of those primal animal instincts of prey they have to deal with, at least at first. Well, I'm more thinking out loud here. It's just a thought.

I'm good with Cole being with Riley or Jinx. Whichever.

It would be interesting if Layla and Gwen were paired up. Gwen hates her guts. :P It seems Gwen is pretty spoken for, though... so maybe Oliver (if Gwen isn't with him) or Michael?
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

279 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:15 pm
Steggy says...

I think Michael could go with Layla. He doesn't worry much about it; as long as he has someone to talk to. However, he might not even pay attention to whatever is going on (could be on his phone or something?) so whomever he is a paired with might receive the silent treatment ;)

93 Reviews

Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:24 pm
View Likes
Lefty says...

Sure, that works! Layla can go with Michael and I kind of like the idea of Cole going with Riley.
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:22 pm
HazelGrace16 says...

Who's gonna be posting first for this? That way they decide the pairings. I'm sorry. I just want to start planning my post haha
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:30 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

Dang. If this has 41 pages already, how many will it have when you have like

10 pages on the actual storybook?

O-o
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

93 Reviews

Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:34 pm
Lefty says...

I can work on the first post today unless someone beats me to it. Hopefully I'll have it up by this evening.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:36 pm
Steggy says...

If you get your post up, Lefty, I can post Michael's part after or something. However, it may take awhile to write so if anyone could, they can post after Lefty. :)

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:54 pm
Europa says...

I'll post after Lefty. I've got a lot of school/family business going on right now so I'm not gonna be able to do first post this time.

Noelle, you can lead a writer to their computer and give them coffee, but you can't make them write.
— CowLogic