80%
No
20%

Total votes : 5

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:50 pm
FinalFreedom says...

Boltageman: I only gave simple suggestions on how to improve the storybook if we DO restart. I said nothing about disagreeing with the move, nor changing the current one to fit better standards. I simply pointed out what could be changed IN the new post if we started another, so as to avoid the same results that came with the current one.

I believe that you understood me, Bolt. When saying "how far have we gotten from Raven's house", I didn't mean to contradict myself and call it slow, I meant that the story moved way too fast, but we got nowhere because of back-to-back posting, random nothing-to-do-with-other-posts posts, and simple god-modding. The storybook moved quickly in terms of posts, but how quickly did it move in terms of plot line and distance between the beginning point and the overall ending?

Texan: Simple. This may be a storybook, but that is no reason not to treat it like you are writing a novel. When you write a novel, you write for the readers, what will please and intrigue your them, what will make it so that they don't want to put the book down. But when writing a novel, you always have more than one person fighting in a battle. Even if it is your main character pulling most of the weight, you will always have people behind him/her backing him/her up during the fight.

So, think of us, your fellow storybook members, as your readers and our characters as your own creation, with their own set of abilities and their own personalities. Write your posts how you think we, as the readers of your posts, would want to you to control our characters, what we would want our characters to do. We all want a part in the action, so when you're posting, forget that we own the characters for just a small time. Think of them as your own, and write how you think we would want to see our characters used.

It may seem a bit confusing, so let me say this. Have you ever read a book, where you become connected to one of the characters? Where you imagine what that character would do, how you would want them to react, what part YOU would want them to have in any goings-ons? Well, that's exactly what we want when reading posts in which our characters are controlled by another poster. Like I said, just pretend we are only your readers, and work for the benefit of what WE would want to read.
Last edited by FinalFreedom on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:52 pm
FinalFreedom says...

TexanWriter wrote:If you want, boltage, you can run your posts by me for grammar. I'm not the best, but.... and I'm taking the limelight again. Nevermind.

...ugh...

Hey, hey hey. Don't stress over it! I was talking about your writing. Boltageman asked for help, you stepped up. I offered him help, but he didn't respond making it fair game for you to stand up.

Don't be hard on yourself, and don't always think you're taking the limelight. I was just talking about writing :)
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:04 am
TexanWriter says...

You know, FinalFreedom, you are amazing. Period. Nice and helpful. And good at reviewing!

So, think of us, your fellow storybook members, as your readers and our characters as your own creation, with their own set of abilities and their own personalities. Write your posts how you think we, as the readers of your posts, would want to you to control our characters, what we would want our characters to do. We all want a part in the action, so when you're posting, forget that we own the characters for just a small time. Think of them as your own, and write how you think we would want to see our characters used.

This was so frikin' helpful!! Thank you! For some reason, you've discovered how my twisted little mind works before I have and you worked with it. This made so much sense!

-Tex
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

88 Reviews

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:22 am
TexanWriter says...

Do we have everything sorted out? I mean, should we start packing and making a new thread, or are there still details to settle?

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:26 am
Threnody says...

So we've decided to make a new storybook?

I feel lost.

I think that's what you guys decided.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

88 Reviews

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:38 am
TexanWriter says...

I'm really just looking at the vote. I don't really care what we do, but the un-organized part was getting on my (very short) nerves. What do you think, Forever?

-Albert Einstein

324 Reviews

Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:40 am
Threnody says...

I choose neutrality. Let the others decide!
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:17 am
Bloo says...

well there are 9 people in the story and with a only 5 votes so far no we have to wait for at least one more for the move but sense forever has chosen neutrality there is a chance of a tie because the others could all chose for no move giving a four to four, so to eliminate that forever please choose a side please please please

324 Reviews

Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:21 am
Threnody says...

I don't know! I feel overwhelmed! I feel like both sides have their ups and downs! i don't know what to do...

And boltageman, I've started the Alex Rider books and I think they're great.
And I'm going to upstate New York to visit my Aunt!
YAY

(Sorry, random I know)

I just don't know what to choose!

Peace, Love and Sugar Packets~
Forever Threnody

(Who has chosen the sweeter more peaceful side of neutrality.)
~ The Little Prince~

324 Reviews

Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:23 am
Threnody says...

I guess I'll wait till that tie comes to choose.
~ The Little Prince~

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:58 am
JustDance says...

boltageman wrote:wait you know i just reread or idea and i have to say that is what my idea was really just harder to do, my idea allows us like yours to eliminate confusion and make it easier. But it also gives a place to do that instead of just trying to fix the confusion there by sorting it out which would create more of it most likely. No offence to your proposal, and also you say that it was to fast but to slow ( kind of i got a bit confused there) so starting over will make it easier to slow it down and bring us out there sooner.

okay you justt made my brain hurtt moreee...thanks a lot! haha jk =]

um...have i voted yet?
if i haven't....then i vote restarting.
there now you guys don'tt have to freakk out anymore.
yeah i know i'm awesomee...hehe =]

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:01 am
Bloo says...

cool that makes 5 so we restart

Random avatar

Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:03 am
JustDance says...

yayness...xD

i am so random...

anyways...so now what? is texanwriter gonna make the new thread or what???

btw guys i'm 12 and i putt 13 cause i thoughtt that's how old u had to be to be on this site..but my b-days in 2 days!
so yeahhh...screw it...i'm 12..going on 13..not 13 going on 14...

324 Reviews

Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:08 am
Threnody says...

HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant: :elephant:
~ The Little Prince~

Random avatar

Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:12 am
JustDance says...

awww thanks!
that's so sweet...
<333 you! =]

This report, by its very length, defends itself against the risk of being read.
— Winston Churchill