Young Writers Society

World Conquerors: A Magical Girl SB [OOC]

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:19 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Haileyg21, I looked over your CP again (this time on my computer) and updated the formatting for you! There's only two things that really stuck out to me that'll probably need to be changed. The CP mentions that Mark gave Jei the wolf, but Jei's not really there on Earth right now - he'd just be possessing the stuffed animal. But a stuffed animal definitely works for an object to be possessing, and I love how it ties into what Mark shapeshifts into the most!

(I also love how Mark has such a similar family backstory to Jei. It'll be really cool seeing how she processes everything that's going on with Jei's family, especially when she's the oldest instead of one of the youngest siblings.)

The other thing that might need to be changed is the style of the character profile. You definitely don't have to change it if you don't want to or don't have the time right now, but storybooks and CPs don't really use texting/chatspeak styles of writing outside of the DTs. They're basically like online books, so the goal is to copy the grammar/writing style of an actual book. You're free to write your posts from whatever perspective or tense you want, but it's definitely a good idea to stick to a more formal style of writing in your CPs or storybook posts.

(If you're not sure what that would look like, feel free to check out the other character profiles and the posts we have up so far! :))

Also, I noticed a little problem on my end when I was checking out the order of siblings on the WriterFeedPad for this storybook.

As of right now, this is what the order of siblings is listed as:

Eldest- Glaphyra - (siren )

#2 - Asterux - [mage, twins to Glaphyra]

#3 - lia

#4 - sebi

#5 - cyr

#6 -

#7 - vento

I completely forgot we didn't end up getting seven siblings in total, so the numbers are all off. Here's a cleaner version of it, ignoring the numbers and just sticking to the ages of the kids:

Oldest Siblings - Siren & Mage
Almost the Oldest - Lia
Middle Child - Sebi, before leaving the SB.
Almost the Youngest - Cyr
Youngest - Vento

I'm pretty sure @Ventomology wanted her alien to be the youngest so they could be the baby of the family. I'm not sure about what dynamic @TheMulticoloredCyr wanted their character to have based on their character's age, so I guess the big question is if Cyr is okay with Jei being younger than Vaxtar or if it's better for Jei to just stick to the middle child slot.

Cyr, what do you think?

Edit: Oh, hey! New page. :)
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:25 pm
View Likes
Teddybear says...

I'm fine with the second to yougest spot being taken by someone else. I just kinda picked a number, before I knew that we wouldn't have 7 siblings, so there was no influence about the dynamic between the characters or anything.
formerly TheMulticoloredCyr

he/they

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:27 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

hey its ok if you want the spot ill just take what ever is open. Its fine by me just put my character in what ever age space you want. he just want to prove hes enough to his siblings so what ever age works
Love is love. Just flow with it and all will be happy. Also take a moment to smell the flowers my friends because thats all we need. ~Love your Bisexual Trans friend.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:31 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@TheMulticoloredCyr and @Haileyg21, thanks for being so understanding! Since neither one of us minds where Jei goes age-wise, I think it might just be easiest to have Jei replace Sebi's alien as the middle child.

(Also, I just realized I still need to send Sebi their CP and delete it from the storybook's main page. >>)
mage

queer and here.

45 Reviews

Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:27 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

[quote="Magebird" @Haileyg21, thanks for being so understanding! Since neither one of us minds where Jei goes age-wise, I think it might just be easiest to have Jei replace Sebi's alien as the middle child.

(Also, I just realized I still need to send Sebi their CP and delete it from the storybook's main page. >>)[/quote]
Hi so i changed what needed to be... thank you for reminding me
Love is love. Just flow with it and all will be happy. Also take a moment to smell the flowers my friends because thats all we need. ~Love your Bisexual Trans friend.

45 Reviews

Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:13 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

OK guys my first post is in! cant wait. um Hope its ok. i know its short

590 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:50 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

@Haileyg21, your first post looks great! I love how our introduction to Mark in the storybook is her helping out with her family. It really says a lot about her - especially when Jeitai first shows up when she's with her baby sister.

"ALEXANDER GET YOUR PANTS ON!" I yelled chasing my brother around.

Also, this is hands down my favorite first line I've ever seen a character say. :P

Now that we have all of our introduction posts, it looks like it's time to actually start up the plot of this storybook! I need to sit down sometime in the next three days and figure out what we should start off with, but I think that it might be fun to have the characters get to school and then get into their first fights with each other at the end of the day.

What does everyone think of that?
mage

queer and here.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:34 pm
View Likes
Ventomology says...

I'm down for some fights let's do this!
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:08 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

Yee I would like to start the next round pls
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:41 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

Yes, that would be sick! Maybe you could do a trendy bit of a time skip, Mage, then we can take from there.
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

45 Reviews

Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:48 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

Ok lets do it cant wait

590 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:01 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Great!

I probably can't get a post up today, but I'll try to kick start this new round of posts sometime this weekend. <3
mage

queer and here.

45 Reviews

Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:03 pm
View Likes
Haileyg21 says...

So i gonna really try to update over thanks giving if you put something up but m not 100% sure i will be able to

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:49 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I'm working on a post for this now! If all goes well, it should be up sometime in the next hour. :)
mage

queer and here.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:22 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I posted! Anyone is free to post next - and to have their character be the magical girl on the other side of the street. I was thinking that the alien siblings could sense each other, but not be able to pinpoint exactly where they are. So even though they were probably able to tell that there were other magical girls near the school, they probably couldn't even tell that the others were in the school itself.

If anyone needs help with Tony, let me know! I'd be happy to help scheme out how a fight with her would go down. :)
mage

queer and here.

Is that a carrot?
— WeepingWisteria