z

Young Writers Society

Pokébook: Hoenn [DT]

176 Reviews

Reviews: 176
Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:06 pm
sheysse says...

I'm uneducated, so I have to ask and make myself seem less and less experienced. What's WFP?

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:07 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

a hive of scum and villainy
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:09 pm
Lumi says...

he's not wrong.

WFP is WriterFeedPad, which is the word doc program hosted by the YWS server. it's insanely convenient, and automatically accessible from the bar at the very top of any YWS page.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

86 Reviews

Reviews: 86
Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:10 pm
reikann says...

@Lumi, recuperate well, young Memelord.
@Sheyren, Writer's Feedpad. It's like google docs, but YWS is linked to it. I assume we'll be getting a link when the time comes!

176 Reviews

Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:11 pm
sheysse says...

Okay! Sounds good. I guess I'll figure out how this whole thing works as it all happens.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:16 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@reikann you can actually just watch Pokemon Origins to resource yourself. Or the Hoenn season, I guess, since the story doesn't change much for the most part.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

176 Reviews

Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:21 pm
sheysse says...

Origins is one of the best Pokemon anime and since it's so short, you get a good feel for the anime in a short period of time. Hoenn is longer so it takes more time to study from.

40 Reviews

Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:31 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

I know, right? But well, since this is a Hoenn-based Pokebook, in case Origins is just too short, the Hoenn adventure might just fill the blanks.
After all, it's where the animation in terms of battle gets interesting. And uh, quite a lot of episodes have a lot of interesting/creative activities that are either alterations to battling, or not battle-related at all. So y'know, that's a nice plus.
Kinda like that episode where Ash and Co. helpa policewoman specialized in Esper Crimes (AKA crimes performed with Psychic types) catch a criminal who likes to pludge victims in a series of overallping nightmares to take their belongings, and they spend the entire episode exploring they dreams to wake up. Stuff like that is sorta filler, but it's fun to watch.
Last edited by TinkerTwaggy on Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:35 pm
Poopsie says...

I'll probs have it by tmrw if that's ok. I have a full schedule today
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:37 pm
Lumi says...

I actually consider Hoenn's anime to be the distinct and sudden pitfall in quality in the anime. Johto knocked it out of the park, but Hoenn just suuuuucked.

Also, yee, I recommend Origins for a closer style comparison.

Or you could read another Pokebook if you could find one. Go digging and I'm sure you'll find something.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

86 Reviews

Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:38 pm
reikann says...

I used to watch the cartoon, in primary school. The movie with Entei and Mewtwo both are still good movies, and the Latios and Latias one I straight up refuse to watch because LATIOS DIES. I am a legal adult. ;-;
After I played through Pokemon White, I kind of... sort of... binged every episode of the anime with N in it. There aren't many, but that's more recent.
I suck at bingeing as a general rule, but maybe it'll be fun to seek out an episode in Origins or two, eh?

TL;DR Will watch some newer Pokemon episodes. For research purposes.

40 Reviews

Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:46 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Lumi I dunno, I liked the Hoenn League Tournament. The Grand Festival thing was also loads of fun, wit the new mix with battle and choreography. Though I guess most of my good memories from the Hoenn cast is the Battle Frontier bit. I know it's technically its own seasons, but well, I associate arcs with characters involved - especially easy to do in Pokemon.

@reikann ...Huh. Don't... Don't play Mystery Dungeon then. Any of them. Feels shall be too strong. (I MEAN NO PLAY THEM THEY'RE AWESOME BUT the feels are really strong)
Totally more recent, and totally worth watching. The Unova season was a mess, but it had its good moments. And well, Origins has 4 episodes. I'm pretty sure you can watch everything in about... 2 hours or so, it's really really short.

Do that. X&Y has pretty darn quality overall.

86 Reviews

Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:50 pm
reikann says...

Ho, really? Four episodes? That should be doable within a week! (Is sarcastic, but less so than you'd expect OTL)
No worries, PMD actually didn't bug me. (Quality games. Very nice.) The Lati movie has heavy nostalgia tear value, that's all.

176 Reviews

Sat Sep 03, 2016 10:57 pm
sheysse says...

Pokemon was great until they switched Brock with Cilan, and even Iris wasn't that great of a character. Unova kinda made me quit watching, and I haven't yet seen the Kalos series. Sinnoh was great, and of course Kanto was the best. Johto and Hoenn were just good.

40 Reviews

Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:07 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

Oh. Nostalgia value. Yes, yes that doesn't help when the movie's strong in feels.

@Sheyren It's not the only problem with Unova, really - after all people kept insulting May and Dawn for the same reason, yet both had pretty good character developments, and by the end of their arcs they were awesome Coordinators. Dawn especially. *begins: Cries or calls her Mom every time she loses a contest. Ends: humbly faces defeat and lovingly congratulates her Pokemons as she remembers all the time they trained together* ← That was neat.
But to come back to Unova, well, first of all Ash was dumber than his previous Sinnoh incarnation (which by the way was easily the best arc), and lost a loooooot of battles for illogical reasons. Like that time his Pikachu faced a Water type against the first gym and lost. Or that time his Pikachu tried to finish off a plant type with Volt Tackle and lost due to the opponent's Snivy countering with Cut. Yeah, CUT! That useless TM nobody uses except outside of battle.

Eh. Kanto really wasn't the best. Not just on a technical standpoint (it would be unfair to compare) but it really should stop being considered as the best jst 'cause it came first, methinks. It was very much enjoyable, but I actually preferred Sinnoh. The battle against Rival Paul had so much more meaning to it, too. With the whole Infernape being trained to death, malnourished and abandonned by said rival, then trained by much-nicer-Ash, and finally facing off against his previous bully of a trainer and proving to him how strong he got. That was pretty nice.

There is a difference between being poor and being broke: broke is temporary; poor is eternal.
— Robert Kiyosaki