Young Writers Society

Winter Rising DT

472 Reviews

Reviews: 472
Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:01 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

I've done the CT, now waiting for approval! :D

EDIT: Also, I'm wondering about the weapons Summer Lady Analia would be using. I'm planning for a basket of Roses, each of them able to transform into a human-size carnivorous beasts who could injure the enemies with their thorns (the Roses would trap them first, tortured them with their thorns, then devoured them with the Roses's humongous mouth with sharp teeth at the middle of the petals).

There would be some restrains tho this, I promise.
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:12 pm
View Likes
Astronomer says...

I submitted a CT, just waiting for it to be accepted.
I'll try to whip up a post soon, if it is. Also, I might snatch a Mortal Ally, if nobody takes it, hehe

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:37 am
Omni says...

Good post @Lightsong, just one error that I could see. The winter Queen's name is Isole not Isolt.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

472 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:45 am
Lightsong says...

Ah! Sorry about that! I'll fix it! xD

EDIT: I've also made Analia order a Summer soldier to help protect Udara, so Sonya won't have to take care of her alone. :D
"Writing, though, belongs first to the writer, and then to the reader, to the world.

The subject is a catalyst, a character, but our responsibility is, has to be, to the work."

- David L. Ulin

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:59 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

That sounds good for weapons @Lightsong and lovely post and character profile!

Wonderful profiles by @Moonwatcher and @TheForgottenKing as well, this is shaping up to be a super strong caste!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

472 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:45 pm
Lightsong says...

Thanks, Rydia! :D As you can read from my post, there are some more cards Analia has under her sleeve, but they're not going to be offensive in nature, and one of them is the Rafflesia seed (I was tempted to include it was one that was native to Malaysia, too xD).

I hope someone can take the Summer Knight spot. The cast seems to be imbalance between Summer and Winter.

- David L. Ulin

117 Reviews

Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:44 pm
View Likes
Astronomer says...

Woo, CT approved. I think they'll probably end up siding with Summer. I think my character has a little bit in common with Udara when it comes to protecting life, and should help balance the two sides a little bit.

472 Reviews

Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:36 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

That's good to hear! I'm deciding what Analia should be in the war; a strategist, a leader, or a scholar? She has the potential to be any one of them, but I know the best one is one that fits her character.

EDIT: @Rydia, lovely post, I love it that you make the Summer soldier interesting, while making Udara as awesome as ever. :3 And I know what Analia will do next.

- David L. Ulin

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:24 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

I'm working on a post for both Sonrya and Isole! I apologize about the delay.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

472 Reviews

Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:20 am
View Likes
Lightsong says...

@Omnom: Can't wait to see Isole's PoV! :D

I want to make another post, but I have to wait for others who haven't yet... ;-; (Yes, I'm focusing on this one SB only because it's the only one in which I'm involved, and it's quite small in scale)

- David L. Ulin

117 Reviews

Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:12 pm
Astronomer says...

Gah, I'm starting on a post. However, I've never read the Dresden Files so I constantly check to see if my writing is accurate, so it may take some time.

472 Reviews

Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:54 am
Lightsong says...

I also have never read the books! xD I'm going with what I perceive about the world and the characters. c: More experienced SBers are generous to help me if I get something wrong, so thanks for that! :D

- David L. Ulin

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:03 am
Omni says...

Yeah I don't read stuff haha I've just been kinda going with the flow and probably conpletely ruining any correlation to the source material. It's my specialty so you're all fine!

sass levels loading

[he/him]

472 Reviews

Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:16 am
Lightsong says...

@Omnom: The trees dividing the battlefield, do they have time limit for their existence, or does it require a powerful spell/magic to destroy them? I'm thinking that the war will be greatly affected if it's the latter, because the only character I think that can neutralize them is Isole (and perhaps with the help of her respective spirit, too).

- David L. Ulin

378 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:28 am
Omni says...

I hadn't thought about it! I think that my answer will be that while they aren't temporary, I don't know of any way to get through them. Perhaps it'll be a plot point for our characters, figuring out a way to get through the tree.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.
— Paul Brandt