z

Young Writers Society

Family Matters, the DT

159 Reviews

Reviews: 159
Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:23 am
Skydreamer says...

@CowLogic <3

@queerelves I think drugs would be the best argument point because she struggled with it at a point and she definetly wouldn't want him to even go near it. It could also explain why he wouldn't just ask to live with her again because she'd have said something like,

"You will not bring drugs in my house!"

Or

"Don't you think of bringing that stuff in my home!" And being a teenager he probably doesn't want to give it up and/or listen to her.
I believe in that, which is not seen.
I call it truth, faith, hope, life.

~~~~Sometimes life beckons us to be different~~~~

I used to be known as thewritersdream, but now my dreams have taken flight

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:24 am
KingLucifer says...

@Elinor%20Brynn, Yeah I could see it happening since Tory could be clinging to the hope that the relationship with Myra's sister, Tricia, will be the same.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:38 am
queerelves says...

@Skydreamer That sounds good ^^ After awhile of David not treating him well he would want to get out of there and go back with his mom and other siblings, but he'd be too proud to apologize
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:18 am
Omni says...

Okay, a few things.

First off, I updated the Relation Cheat Sheet to include Elliot, Gabriel, and the actual name of Mom Frey. Since it is getting so big, I put a row on the bottom with the names for ease of access (might put another one on the right if this gets any bigger).

Secondly, I have filled in or am going to fill in Lyle's relations with the other characters. If you see anything that conflicts with your ideas, poke me in chat or PM or DT or wherever.

I also would love it if you guys update the cheat sheet fairly frequently, as it will help out a lot, like Lumi said.

EDIT: I also put in the link to the Cheat Sheet on the first post of both the DT and the SB (Aria, feel free to move it wherever on the SB if you don't like the placing) for ease of access, so you don't have to look through the DT thread to find it.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:56 am
View Likes
CowLogic says...

Wait, do Jason and Gabriel really have an incestuous relationship, or is that supposed to be in a different box?
The course skin of a thousand elephants sewn together to make one leather wallet.

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:04 am
queerelves says...

That was the right box xP
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:35 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

@Skydreamer I'm imaging that Myra would start to see Lacy as a surrogate mother of sorts, and indeed she would be very warm and opening especially once she starts to spend more time with Jason, but would probably fail her in that she would be more interested in seeing Myra repair her relationship with her own parents rather than see her as a mother figure. What do you think?

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

159 Reviews

Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:54 am
Skydreamer says...

I completely agree! I was actually going to suggest that as well. However I think once Lacy knows about her anorexia and depression she'll question the husbands parenting. But yes, she'll want her to mend things with them as well.

*edit* I will update my char's cheat sheet asap.

To be honest I'm feeling a little iffy about the whole Gabe and Jason thing...

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:56 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

So does Jason xD he sees it as "we were kids and exploring and it was normal, but now things have changed, we're brothers and we shouldn't go there anymore." but at the same time, with the whole "world is against me" kind of attitude, he'd also be clinging to the idea of keeping his twin on his side and wouldn't mind including the a-but-more-than-brotherly actions if Gabriel would be sad/hurt/whatever without it.

If anyone really feels uncomfortable with that at any point, though, it can be cut out/broken up c:

Also, I can't edit the cheat sheet from iPad (<.<) so I'll just type up that all for Jason here and if any of you wants to move it there for easier tracking, feel free.

Oh one more thing that I actually need for my first post xD Which of the characters know that Jason is being let out that day? And does anyone want to run into him in the street/bus/whatever or should I send him straight home? Oh, and would anyone had told him about the divorce and fact his family isn't completely in the same house anymore?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

159 Reviews

Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:09 am
View Likes
Skydreamer says...

Okay, I guess I'm alright with it for now. I can't imagine what Lacy's reaction would be if/when she finds out or figures out something like that was going on. And then what David's reaction would be? xP So more dramaaa. But I would ask for not so much of that, or not making that the focus of their relationship.

About the Jason pick up! I was actually going to ask something like that.

I was thinking that because Lacy really sided Jason with it all, and she's his mom and loves him, she'd be the one to either pick him up, or have him come home? Also, I was thinking that Jason and Lacy were quite close because they both have an appreciation for music?

117 Reviews

Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:15 am
crossroads says...

Mm, that sounds good. Would you prefer it if he came by bus/train and she waited for him at the station, or if she came to get him by car (if she drives)?

Actually now I'm curious about that too, which of our characters can drive? xD I'll assume Jason can't since it's not like he had time to learn or actually get a license (though he'd drive anyway if there was a car he could take and the owner didn't know/care), so how about the others?
- they/them -

159 Reviews

Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:26 am
Skydreamer says...

I don't really mind either way, but I think he probably would take either bus or train. And I'm sure she drives, so she could pick him up as well.

Haha, it sounds a little funny like we're actually arranging someone's pick up. xP

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:46 am
Alvarin says...

I'm assuming that this takes place in the US, and in that case Henry would drive since he would be able to earn the money for it himself.. If it's in some other country where it's ridiculously expensive (yay Sweden -.-') to get a license then no, he wouldn't have one since he wouldn't want to ask Lyle and Marty for money.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

760 Reviews

Reviews: 760
Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:13 am
View Likes
ExOmelas says...

I was thinking Lacy could drive to pick him up and get Lucy out of school to go with her. Lucy could think she was really annoyed that she was missing English but she'd actually just be scared and want the security of school because she knows what she's doing there.

What fools these mortals be!
William Shakespeare
A Midsummer Night's Dream

Who cares if one more light goes out?
Well I do.

Linkin Park
One More Light

117 Reviews

Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:44 pm
crossroads says...

Here it goes, Jason's part of relationship sheet.

Spoiler! :
J & Henrik - Jason doesn't really know how far Henry's dellusions got after Tricia's death, and won't be sure how much of it was his fault. He kind of likes Henry, in the sense that he knows Gabriel likes him and he's fond of Henry's dedication to stories and writing, but if Henry did anything that would hurt his twin, Jason would definitely act. Also, Jason's slightly conflicted about Henry wanting to die, and a bit creeped out by the fact it sometimes feels like someone's dangling some sort of prize in front of him when they meet.

J & Tory - Before Tricia's death, Jason was fond of her little sister, and would sometimes talk to her about all kinds of things. He never treated her like a child, partly because of her being smarter than her age. Now, he'll try to keep out of her life, generally not remind her of her sister and definitely not talkimg about it.

J & Myra - Jason was never aware of her feelings being anything close to romantic, but he always liked her as a friend. He misses her, but doesn't expect her to like him or want to spend time with him anymore. If/when she shows that she does, he'd become quite focused on her and won't say no to a romantic relationship.

J & Lyle - Jason has no idea how to act around Lyle now. He used to be on good enough terms with both Collins parents, but now that he's coming home after three years and with Tricia being gone, Jason is expecting things to change quite a bit.

J & Marty - Before Tricia died, Jason liked him both as a person and as a teacher. Now the situation is the same as with Lyle, except Jason knows he can't avoid Marty if he comes back to school.

J & Lacinda - He loves his mother, just as the rest of his family, but isn't sure if he believes that she thinks he's innocent or that she's actually on his side.

J & David - There are things about his father that Jason doesn't like, but there are also things he doesn't know about. He doesn't actually hate David - more like he thinks that he should be a better father to Gabe and Eli - but he'd pretty much be ready to hurt him if he hurt any of his siblings.

J & Lucille - Just as with Gabriel and Elliot, Jason missed Lucy while he was away, and mostly hopes - but again, doesn't expect it - that she'll act like nothing happened, or at least that she won't hate him.

J & Gabriel - They were inseparable as kids, and he's the person Jason missed the most and feared for the most, as he wasn't sure how his absence would affect his twin. He sees their past more-than-brotherly relationship as harmless experimenting, and won't encourage it now, unless Gabriel insisted. Jason knows G is on his side and wants to keep him there almost desperately, so there's basically nothing he wouldn't do for him.

J & Elliot - Similar as with Lucy. Jason isn't sure how much Elliot knows or even remembers about him, and would actually like to build a proper relationship with him and be what a big brother is supposed to be. He isn't quite sure he'd succeed, though, neither with Eli nor with their sister.
- they/them -

Forever is composed of nows.
— Emily Dickenson