z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 2

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:49 pm
Ventomology says...

Char, are you going to write a post? I think Hunter is waiting on one of us to get both of our characters to the Shrine. (If you absolutely cannot, I will do it.)
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:07 pm
Charizard821 says...

Buggie, I don't even know what's going on with our characters. I'm behind, remember?

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:16 pm
BrumalHunter says...

*resurfaces* I'm still here!

@Tortwag, I'm five posts behind, so that spoiler will remain closed. (The same goes for Silver's, since I hate it when people spoil plots or stuff like that for me.)

@Charizard821, I concur. If you want to play a game where there is no plot and only action, go to the arcade.

@Buggiedude2340, I shall avenge you by revealing this: I beat Char in chess!

Although, could anyone explain to me what a sweeper is? (Don't link me to a Bulbapedia article, please, since I could've done that myself.)

Char, NO SPOILERS! They belong in this thing ↓

Spoiler! :
SPOILER!

As for your poll, does zoo-keeping count?

*reads the next post* *facepalm*

I'm still not sure if I understand what you mean by farming, but I suppose it means "farming" for experience. In that case, I'd say it would have to be my last profile in Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. In that game, level 40 is the highest you can get, but you better believe it starts taking an eternity after level 20. Nevertheless, I reached level 32 after only having been in two of the five regions, but that's only because of the games' extensive main storyline, faction quests, and the cheer amount of side quests. (chain side quests for towns = ).

To put this in perspective, I should add that when I first played the game, I was only at level 24 by the time I had finished three of the five regions and entered the fourth. And I'm not the only one who loves the game: Joystiq rated it 5/5, 1UP rated it B+, and IGN rated it 9/10, calling it immersive and praising it for its amazing gameplay, solid story and loads of content. When they went into detail, IGN said this.

Spoiler! :
Presentation - 8.5
Amalur totes an impressive story penned by one of the great fantasy authors of our time, and it takes place in a fantastic fictional world. It’s complex and hard to follow at times, though.

Graphics - 8
Beautiful environments and solid animations are marred by fairly shoddy-looking character models. I wish lip-syncing was more on-point during dialogue.

Sound - 8
Music is sparse, but the voice-acting is well-executed and really adds a great deal to the story. Characters have a lot to say, and that’s a good thing.

Gameplay - 9.5
The bread and butter of the game. Reckoning sets the bar very high for other games moving forward, and is an absolute pleasure to play.

Lasting Appeal - 9.5
I hope you have a hell of a lot of time on your hands, because Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning will require all of it for the foreseeable future.

As you can see, it is held in very high esteem. (Then again, it was produced by New York Times best-selling author R.A. Salvatore, award-winning creator of Spawn, Todd McFarlane, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion lead designer Ken Rolston, so that's no surprise. ;) )

Anyway, my ramble is over. (Although, could somebody please play the game so I can chat with you about it?) Back to PMD.

@TheSilverFox, I'm quite sure that only happens in America. (Like people driving on the right *cough wrong cough* side of the road.)

@Robusto, thank you for the embargo. Don't misunderstand me, I love fillers, but the delay in posts would help quite a lot, as Char explained.

Finally, I would appreciate the post where Flurry and Riley go to the SoS, since then I shan't have any doubts when I get to that part. (The exchange is taking sooo long!)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Apr 18, 2015 4:25 pm
StupidSoup says...

<--- doesn't wanna read three pages of stuff :C

@Tortwag and @TheSilverFox I has hax :3 (lvl 100 shiny groudon that knows fusion bolt, lvl 100 Regigigas that knows icicle crash and hurricane and fusion flare. lvl 100 Lugia with a legit moveset (because lugias my favorite poke mans .3.) and a lvl 100...I fergot....)

Did I mention they all have wonder guard XDDDD

@Tortwag (twagsicles :D) skipping dialogue in a game is exactly like the examples you posed and your totally right except for the fact that in games its possible to skip the game and still have a basic outline of the story: Evil bad guy takes over cool legendary and you have to go throughout the continent rooting out his generals and beating gyms before you get to him and by then all I want to do is get that legendary because it looks SO COOL \^3^/ (dialga? (~o3o)~ SWIGGITY SWOOGY!) Anywho I'll admit that you are correct but it depends on the persons mindset. I don't care as much as other people do about one game but care a lot more about another game than you or someone else might. There discussion over, I wanna piece o that poll Char >3>

(I did indeed enjoy camping meester twaggy :3 thank you very much! The foxes stole all our food though :c)

@Charizard821 IMMA BACK :D and the most terrible case of grinding might be in spiral knights. I spent god knows how long trying to get enough fire crystals to get all my mighty cobalt armor up to lvl 10...IT WAS INSAAAANNNEEEE ;3;

and I do wanna hear those pickup lines, they may yet rival my school friends long list, FIRE AWAY GOOD SIR!

I think that's it, I probably missed stuff so go ahead and murder me for it. Thankz guyz :]
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:03 pm
Poopsie says...

mmm, gud tings @15253. am fillars naow o3o
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

58 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:01 pm
Charizard821 says...

@AstralHunter, a sweeper is just that; a character who "sweeps" opposing teams. It basically means they are your main powerhouses, the ones you look to to deal damage.

62 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:36 pm
Poopsie says...

lol are we talking about showdown now char??
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:02 pm
BrumalHunter says...

What other types are there, @Charizard821?

(I would also have asked how many Pokémon gym leaders and Elite Four members have in their party and what they do if there isn't a large enough variety of Pokémon of their type, but someone from my school told me it's five and that they have multiple of the same Pokémon.)

Also, I have edited my third post on the third DT. I would appreciate it if everyone gave their input towards its content.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

293 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:14 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Verser, I liked your post, but there are two inconsistencies:
1. Ho-Oh is technically genderless, like most Legendaries, but he associates with masculinity more. (That means he's male.)
2. Fire beats Ice, so Ho-Oh is by no means powerless. In fact, Kyurem would rather tell Ho-Oh not to overstep himself, since he might take liberties.

But thank you for introducing him. If you are uncertain what he will be doing at Mt. Icewind, know that he is to oversee the research of the Glacial Museum. (Naturally, the NO expects the Glacial Plate to be there, but they expect it to be trapped, so they are wary and must research it first. They also don't want to alert the Resistance.)

The last filler post that may be made is @Buggiedude2340's about Flurry and Co.'s arrival at the SoS. After that, the embargo comes into effect. I shall try to speed up my post's progress, but it will take more time still, I am afraid.
— Paul the Apostle

58 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:19 pm
Charizard821 says...

@AstralHunter, more types of what? Also, the Legendaries being genderless always irked me. For the sake of the SB, can we give them concrete genders?

Also, did we agree that Buggie is writing that post?

293 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:27 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Buggie offered, and since you said you were busy, I assumed so.

I meant other types party members, like Sweepers.

Also, tell us once you've decided what you want you 'Mon in the prequel to be, since we need to establish them so we can reference them accurately.
— Paul the Apostle

62 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:33 pm
Poopsie says...

Ho-oh always seemed like a snobby princess or old bat to me, oh well.

Ill include a post about Ho-oh's reason for being in icewind or smth
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:59 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Very well, but please, only do so after the meeting.
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:07 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@15253 I have hacks as well, but those REALLY don't count, especially if you teach them illegal moves.
The basic outline of a story in an RPG is what makes it boring. Do that if you want, but don't go ahead and say that there's no effort in it afterwards. You can totally get the legendaries without skipping dialogues, we've been over that. And it's not about "caring", or at least not for RPGs. It's just that dialogue's there. The story's there. Since it's there, you might as well read it.
And what's that other game you care out more about (which is perfectly normal as everyone has favorites, Pokemon games not bein' mine but close enough)?

The Spiral Knight's Cobalt Armor set? Gosh, yeah, that was tedious. It's a good thing they at least give you the recipes first. Did you ever try to farm for a custom armor set though?

@AstralHunter I think I'll forget a few, but...
-Sweepers (those who destroy opponent teams with various powerful moves. Most Legendaries flal in that category for obvious reasons);
-Supporters (though who use moves to boost the stats of their team or try to hinder the opponents via general field moves. 'Mons with moves such as Spikes, Baton Pass, or any weather moves fall in that category);
-Rapid Spinners (those who can clean the field from enemy bad effects (usually, getting rid of spikes by using the move Rapid Spin, hence the name);
-Tanks (those who can whistand - powerful moves usually thrown by Sweepers - and are able to fight back. 'Mons with high defense/special defense fall into that category);
-Walls (those meant to hinder the Opponent's advance in the battle by... Well, by staying there while the other takes all the bad effects prepared beforehand [status, weather, Spike trap])

...Yeah, I'm forgetting a few. http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/pokemon_dictionary <--- Just read this.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

58 Reviews

Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:52 pm
Charizard821 says...

@AstralHunter, for the PMD prequel, I'd like to be a Buizel. Fourth gen ftw!

how can i live laugh love in these conditions
— Orion42