Reviews: 58
Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:05 pm
Charizard821 says...

Then don't review it Hunter. Just a few words of like/dislike are fine. cx

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:21 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter You're inspired for a Gabriel post? Now that is excellent news :D Hadn't seem him in a while.

Thank you :) Glad you liked the post, and yeah, glad it was worth the wait, at least. Don't fret about that review, make it whenever you can. If you're lookin' for me, I'll be listening to evil songs in the meantime.

@Charizard821 By the way? Ricardo's all yours now - hopefully I didn't mess up Riley's character.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Oct 21, 2015 2:44 am
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

@Tortwag double posting eh? Well you can pull it off because your posts are awesome XD

Great stuff buddy! I don't really write reviews so....woo!!!

Im starting on my post though I do have a bunch of work to do. Expect it sometime this week.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:59 am
BrumalHunter says...

Here is the review, as promised! (Also, since I'm on my computer now, I can listen to the spoilers.)

Spoiler! :
I haven't done one of these in a while, so I can't remember the format. Eh, I'll just use numbers so it's easier to address.

“We just spent a night scheming and learning two new moves for said schemes, one of which we don't completely master yet. I'd say we're fine.”

Enel Gatling is the one, but I'm not sure about the other one... Last time I checked, Twinkiel knew Electric Terrain already.

“SPARTA!!”

Considering I've been busy with Roman history since yesterday, this is an interesting coincedence.

3. When Green's encounter theme first started playing, I thought, "Oh boy, here we go..." but when read with that scene, it's actually quite amusing. (Not hilarious, but still funny.)

Not because I'm a monster, though I kind of am, but because where I come from, this kind of situation happens all over the place, and not many people can stop it.

If you're wondering why I went Grammar Nazi on that sentence, it's actually because I want to address the scene from which it is exctracted.

What Twinkiel said before this quote is supposed to be startling, but I actually just read on. I'm surprised (thought not really, now that I think about it) that I'm getting used to Twinkiel's insanity. XD

“You are no monster, Mister Thunderfleece,” Melinda said, approaching the Flaaffy. “What you said was certainly harsh, but unfortunately, I have lived long enough to know how true it is. I am proud to know that my children can work for a leader as mature as you are. Please take good care of them.”

While this is a touching scene, I just have a quick question: Since Dugtrios are essentially potato-moles, do they leave holes in the ground when they move? And how do they move if there are gravel roads, like in Radiance or Frontier Town?

“Looks like we have a fan club.”

In real life too, considering Twinkiel was voted the best character. ;)

“What can we do to fix that?” Zulu inquired, his determination retrieved.

Zulu may be small, but he is feisty. More than Riley, surprisingly... But hey, he becomes a Noivern when evolves, so that is to be expected. Great job on the characterisation!

“There are criminals all around us, and some of them are stronger than me – which means that they're all waaaaay out of your league.

It sounds like the time my brother and I easily fought through the first three rounds of DS II's arena. I asked if he'd like to continue, and he replied the affirmative, but it was a grave mistake.

The three previous bosses were easy to dodge, but this one was an Antul Vai'kesh Seer - a very powerful necromancer. Arrows and melee you can dodge, but life-draining magic? Not quite. Fortunately, we were playing in LAN, so unlike in solo-mode, if your entire party is knocked out, you can either force a respawn, or you just wait for your characters to regain consciousness. Let's just say we did a lot of that, even though two of my characters can silence mages, leaving them unable to cast magic, and my frost elemental can freeze them in place.

We desperately fought to kill the boss, but since he leeched our life, he simply became stronger, while we were continuously knocked out. (He also summoned a Bone Minion that attacked our unconscious characters. My brother's MC died this way, meaning I had to use a Resurrect Scroll on him afterwards.

So, despite my brother's wishes, I sent my MC to pull the forfeit lever, keeping the adage "Live to fight another day" in mind. Heh, the only problem was that the Seer was still there. The following ten minutes was spent running around town refilling our depleted stock of health potions and finding weaker enemies to defeat to recharge our Powers. Eventually, I managed to kill the damned Seer and saved my brother (it was amusing that his two mages were KO'd, but his mule managed to escape). Surprisingly, our "victory" was considered valid and we received the reward. However, we did not opt in for round five.

And that concludes my story. Essentially, I just wanted to say I know what it feels like being Keldeo in Kyurem vs the Swords of Justice.

Twinkiel raised his right leg above his stomach and firmly stomped the ground with it, his right arm following the motion.

I think I saw a sumo doing that once. Visualising Twinkiel doing it, though, was hilarious.

Twinkiel once again put his hands behind his back, taking a confident pose as an obviously anxious Riley attempted to calm himself.

While in the Akuma battle stance?

“Precisely. I've trained a few Riolus back on Earth, so having your current moveset in mind helps me a lot. I may be crazy, Rift, but I'm not stupid.”

"If you thy enemy and you thyself, you need not fear the result of a thousand battles."

“Seriously?” Twinkiel exclaimed. “And just because of that, you're just gonna stay there? Do I really have to bring Annabelle in and mimic the raping act to get you movin'? Then again I'm pretty sure I'd do a better job than the Sandiles, with her paralyzed at my feet.”

As much as I'd like to say that wouldn't work on Gabriel, it would probably work even better on him and provoke him into attacking. *sigh* Xerneas has a lot of anger management lessons ahead of him...

“I'll help ya if you can't. Little hint: I know that your Foresight allows you to see a tiny bit of future, but I think you should use it the normal way for this lil' test. 'Cause you know, it allows you to identify your targets.”

Riley used Foresight! Twinkiel was identified!

The Riolu's gaze switched from Twinkiel's right paw to his left as he analyzed the beams, intensely focused despite his paralysis and multiple wounds.

“I… I think I get it,” he finally said, panting. “Thunderbolt's on the left side. And Charge Beam on the right.”

“How are they different?”

“Thunderbolt is making a weird noise, and it keeps shaking all over your paw. But Charge Beam is just… shinning.”

I knew you could use Foresight to identify Ghosts, but I didn't know you could apply it like that too. Interesting...

14. Twinkiel is definitely an original teacher. The background music was perfect, though.

“Fighting you also helped me understand you a little bit more. You don't have to know Aura. You have to feel it. And only you can do that.”

And that's also why Gabriel can only see Auras as of yet, and not manipulate them.

“...Is he stupid?”

“No. He's an average teenager. Which I guess is… kinda better.”

Not only is Twinkiel's inner voice immoral, but also rude. "Stupid" and "ignorant" are not the same.

“That's because most people don't realize that these features only move when you're trying to read Aura," the Flaaffy explained. "Which by the way they help you read better than any other Pokemon around you, even beating some Legendaries to the task.”

I know that, but I can't remember if Gabriel does...

“Unlike you, Rift, I watched my Pokemon movies – namely, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew. That, and a certain Riolu had a lot of spotlight during Hunter J's arc in the Anime, so I had some time to observe your species. All this to say...”

And he was awesome, from what I've read.

And that's that! I'm not going to point out a specific aspect of the story that I enjoyed, since I enjoyed all of it. Once again, well done!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

40 Reviews

Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:15 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@15253 Eh, it's fine! You don't have to make one if nyou don't feel like it - and thanks :D

@AstralHunter
Spoiler! :
1. Wrong assumption, Astral. Twinkiel said that he learned two new moves. And EnelGatling is a variation of a move. So that's not it :p I'll give more hints in the following posts, don't worry.

2. Oh! Neat conicidence indeed.
...But that's not... That's a reference from the movie. 300. The... Spartan Kick? ...No?

3. Twas the plan. Twinkiel likes to think he's cool. In reality his show-off attitude's ore funny to witness than anything else, lol.
...Kinda like the real thing, haha. *cries*

4. We totally had that discussion before. After 13 page of me writing Twinkiel, you just stopped being shocked by what he says. It's really not surprising, it's actually pretty fun from my point of view XD

5. They drill like you walk. As far as the Mystery Dungeon sprites showed me, they don't leave holes, but just a trail of soil/dust behind when they move. But really. They drill like you walk. And when you walk, you don't really think about the gravels below. Same thing for them (again, that's information taken from Anime/game dialogues involivng Dugtrios)

6. OH! Yes, I remember that. Well... all of our characters are still developping, so that might change.

7. Char totally portrayed him as slightly more feisty when the rape thing came into play, so I just took that and mixed it in his character. Thanks!

8. Wow. That story sounds like the birthday gift I got from my old Spiral Knights guild. They decided to take me to a place way above my league, just to show me what the latter parts of the game where like. They brought me to Lord Vanaduke's Firestorm Citadel, and IT WAS HELL.

They were spinning wheel traps 4 times my size that could one shot me, every single lava zombie (YES THAT'S A THING) had the health bar of 3 bosses (from my perspective of course), there was fire and spikes everywhere, my weapons did nothing to them (though thank god I could help my team by freezing a lot of enemies with my Freezing Vaporizer bomb), and my shield was useless, so I just had to keep dodging. EVERYTHIGN was way out of my league, yet it was one of the most amazing gaming experience I ever had.

So yeah. I know that feeling too.

9. ...*sigh* EVEN WITH THE REFERENCE DIRECT HINT, you STILL didn't get it. ...Wait, then again, maybe you did.
...Anyway, here, have a picture: Image
As funny as your imagination is, NOT a Sumo, Astral. Akuma.

10. ...No. That is a mistake that I shall fix. He only took the stance to activate Electric Terrain in a stylish way.

11. Oh! I know that one :D Amazing quote. Shame I didn't thought of it.

12. ...Well, yeah, but... Twinkiel has a variety of insults that changes depending on who he meets and how they are. Gabriel being much calmer/sophisticated than Riley, the first thing Twinkiel would do to annoy him in a taunting battle - if he wanted to - would be...
...calling him Gabe.

13. You can't in the game. Which that is why waching the Anime is useful. It shows you lots of ways to go around the basic use of Pokemon moves, and as much as people hate Ash, he's a master at doing that.

14. Remember my crazy Toon Rabbit that used to be on the front page of my wall (and that's currently part of its background)? That's his music Gotta love Toons.

15. Actually, I went with the idea that in Gabriel's case, knowing about Aura would help him amstering it, because that's how his mindset is - he NEEDS to have knowledge of something to master it better. In Riley's case, upon re-reading his battles and overall mindset, I realized that he just needed to go with his instincts. So where Gabriel would have more precision at using Aura, Riley would have more power.

It's totally how it works in real life with some people, too, as far as I've seen.

16. Which is exactly why Twinkiel thinks he's monster. And also why he corrects his Inner Echo all the time.
Just imagine if Twinkiel spoke the way his Inner Echo did all the time.

17. As far as I've re-read, he doesn't.

18. If you're talking about that Riolu in the Hunter J arc, then yes. Yes he was. And so was the arc.

Glad you did! You know have a better idea as to how much I enjoyed myself writing this, lol. Especially with the music I've chosen.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:00 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Well, I did one anyway. :D

Spoiler! :
1. Wait, you mean Twinkiel has learned Electroweb already? Oh dear...

2. I may not get many of your references, but that's just insulting. XD

3. Oh, I know. ;)

4. Yeah, the only one that still scares me a little is Hoops. Of course, @Robusto inset a character, otherwise I'd be petrified.

5. Thanks! That's helpful to know.

6. It might or it might not. Only Arceus and Dialga and Celebi and the Lake Guardians can tell.

7. You're welcome!

8. The things we do in games. *laughs while crying*

9. Once again, I did get the reference. but I'm sure the sumo from Tekken 5 uses a stance similar, if not identical, to that as one of his intros.

10. Oh, okay. Whenever I read about his hands behind his back, I got the distinct impression of a Slowing. :P

11. And it's from Sun Tzu's Art of War, no less.

12. I wrote for Gabriel today, and Xerneas said something that shocked even me. It's official – those two now function independently of my intentions. They grow up so quickly... :') (This is with reference to Joanne Rowling's quote, "You know a character is truly alive when they say or do something that surprises even you.")

13. Good, because I plan on adapting some of the moves myself.

14. Ah. Was it Ripper Roo? Or was he a different character?

15. That makes perfect sense. But yes, it's very true in real life as well. Take music as an example: as a general rule, those who excel at theory (like me) have more trouble with practicals, and vice versa.

16. I imagined it and my mouth would be filled with soap if I ever met that Twinkiel. Then I'd probably be shocked, but that's what Manectrics, Rhydons, and Cubones are for, right?

17. Thanks for the clarification. I'll have Xerneas explain that to him, eventually.

18. I was, and it is.

Listening to the music ruined our cap, but it was worth it. ;)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:32 pm
Robusto says...

I don't know what it was about that second post @Tortwag, but I loved it. So much in fact, that I went on one of my rare writing Juggernaut charges, and already have a Zulu post follow-up to yours done.
Zulu gets a training montage, something I'd been wanting to do for a while.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:00 pm
View Likes
Poopsie says...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btPJPFnesV4

I believe this is in order robusto
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:12 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@AstralHunter
Spoiler! :
1. That's the move he doesn't master yet, but yeah. And you know what's coming next, heheheheheheh...

2. I am SO SORRY, but there are obvious things that I expect you to know and you don't, and other obvious things that you ACTUALLY know. So don't blame me for being cautious XD

3. Neat!

4. Oh. Looks like you didn't like my torture scene with Latias, then. And just when Robusto writes him in general, lol.

5. The more you know!

6. ...I was questionning those legendary choices, but they're actuall pretty darn spot on :D

8. I know, right? Such hellish adventures... *laughs and cries along*

9. Once again, I was being cautious. And what you're talking about is the "Do su koi" pause that every sumo in existence that practices the craft does. Which... is totally different from Akuma's pause, except that yes, they DO stomp the ground with their legs as well. Just not the same way, as far as I know (checked the Tekken guy)

10. That's because Twinkiel watched the anime. And one of the Slowking shown in it is an UTTER BADASS. So Twinkiel's totally inspired by that.

11. I know! Though I didn't discover that the normal way.

12. My characters only shock me when I dream about 'em. Gosh, I love semi-conscious dreams, you've no idea.
Didn't know that quote, though. Interesting.

13. You better! Shout if you need some help in that department.

14. ...*is almost vexed* N-no. I said that he was still on my wall. And.. Ripper Roo is a Kangooroo. Here's Dark Rabbit: Image
The theme is literally called "Toon World Theme.".

15. I know, right? It's so weird/interesting how people function very differently.

16. I almost missed that joke. Nice. And yeah, nobody would actually like THAT Twinkiel. Especially not me.

17. That... would make a nice subject actually, yeah, do that.

18. It's good that you know that. Too bad Ash couldn't catch that Riolu.

Pff. It was enjoyable, so who caaaaares XD

@Robusto I'm glad/surprised to hear that! Enjoy yourself with that one. Oh, and don't forget to have Zulu ahve some air training with Belzia! She masters Quiver Dance. D'you need me to link me to the bonus post in which she uses it?

On a side note, I second @Verser on that. It was either that or Guile's theme, but let's face it, Eye of the Tiger is the universal training montage theme.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:22 pm
Poopsie says...

I was joking twaggy ^3^

expect a frost post sooner or later
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:40 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

But... But Eye of the Tiger though :/

Hopefully sooner! Been a whiel since the ACTUAL Frost appeared somewhere.
I... hope he would kill an entire family of people this time D:

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:41 pm
StupidSoup says...

its the eye of the im to tired im gonna give up rising up to the challenge of our pillow.

-Note, not an original creation.
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:41 pm
TheSilverFox says...

So...who's posting next? <.<
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

40 Reviews

Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:21 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@TheSilverFox good question. @Robusto said he already had a Zulu post ready right after mine, so I was kind of waiting for him.
...That and although I do have a Hoopa Bonus Post I need to finish, I didn't feel like posting three times in a row. And speakin' of bonus...

@Charizard821 Got anything? Ricardo's yours now, and Riley's pretty much free for a good chunk of the day.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:26 pm
View Likes
Robusto says...

Sorry for the wait. I just needed to add In Belzia to my post. It should be going up today or tomorrow. I've been busy lately writing an entry for a contest, but once it's done, this will become my primary focus again.

I am big enough to admit I am often inspired by myself.
— Leslie Knope