z

Young Writers Society

Flames of Darkness DT

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:23 pm
megsug says...

Normally, OOC is when you post a comment before or after a post within the original storybook thread. DT is an actual thread for discussion without any posts in character.
Test

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:34 pm
Dawnpath1 says...

Well, that is how it works here~ The other two places I lurk, any discussion is placed on either an OOC thread, a PM, or in brackets *Shrug* Whatever works.

13 Reviews

Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:17 pm
Dawnpath1 says...

Okay, post this here, take it down from there~ Hmm-hmm-hmm, housekeeping...

Name: Aelicine Selinnine
Nickname: Moonstalker
Class: Rogue
Race: Half-cat/Werecat
Skills: Dexterity, Accuracy, Stealth
Weakness: Endurance
Allegiance: Nekoites
Appearance: She has green, luminescent eyes set into the blue fur of her cat-like face. Darker markings frame her nose and run parallel to each other up her head. Similarly colored markings taper off her eyes, and stripe her cheeks. Near-invisible whiskers quiver near her nose. Her ears are on top of her head, as is typical for a cat, with the darker blue markings coming from the tips and meeting at the back of her head. Her shorter body is furred, but otherwise human with the exception of a fluffy little tail and paw'd hands and feet, which can surprisingly grip a rock-face. He hands can open a doors, or wield a weapon. The inside of her paws (The side with a palm, etc.) are white, with pads, even though she considers it distasteful to run on four legs. Her tail is white-tipped, with the similar blue-and-navy color scheme. She wears a long cloak that covers her tail and ears in public, over a tunic and jerkin that hides her lock picks and valuables, as well as two fans on either hip, each hiding small knives connected to their base. These fans are made as a slicing type of weapon, close ranged. She is more likely to slit a throat than stab someone to death.
Personality: She is cold, and prefers relying on facts than "Superstitious soldier talk." She does not like disrespect at all, and can hold a grudge for a long time. She considers her moves carefully, and in a fight, prefers to sneak then charge. This translates to a tendency towards infiltration rather than siege in her tactics. She considers herself practical, but she is also loyal, and values others loyalties. She does not like her people dying, and she tells her spies that if they are captured, they'd better have been sick, bleeding, and cornered. Because when she comes to get them out, they're not going to like what happens next.
History: Aelicine isn't really sure how she was made, or came to be. What she knows is that one day, she was standing in the middle of a circle, alone, in a cold cave. She had stumbled out of the cave, confused and unsure of how her body worked, no bigger than a six-year old. She had on light clothes, but it became gradually clear to her that if she didn't' find... something, she was not going to survive. Unable to talk, because she didn't know a language, she made her way to a small town.
The people of the town didn't like her. They thought she was some perverted halfling, the child of a mountain beast, or some sort of demon. She was shunned, and sometimes beaten; many of her small scars could be traced back to her first memorable days. It was in a bloodied state that she finally found help. She had left the town, convinced staying there would mean death, when a silent stranger appeared before her. To tired to resist, she laid down and tried to produce a smaller target. The stranger looked at her, and walked away. She wondered about him, why he hadn't decided to finish what the others had started. Silently, she followed him, thinking herself to be spying, though she did not know the words. When he reached the his small shack in the woods, he opened the door, and looked straight at her. She felt embarrassed at having been caught, and walked out into the open. He walked inside and left the door open. Seeing nowhere to go, she followed.
He taught her everything, how to speak, how to sneak, what was and wasn't poisonous, how to defend herself... And asked very little in return. He didn't talk much, which translated into her more anti-social tendencies, but she gave her a great appreciation of strengths, and how to understand strengths in others. He taught her her virtues; loyalty, courage, and respect. And when she came of age, he brought her to the mountain to become a citizen.
She looked at how many people was there, and was discouraged. Everyone seemed stronger, more energetic, and she saw people she recognized from her first days. Her Master, as the man liked to be called, told her that she had more potential than any of them. He highlighted her strengths for her, and began to pick apart the others on the mountain. When she felt confident enough, he nodded, and walked back into the forest. She was dismayed that he left; she hadn't been without him since they'd met, but turned to the crowd. There were many jests and jeers at her appearance, and she hissed, causing more taunting. Whiskers quivering, and tail flicking irritably, she got ready. When she pulled out her fans, the uproar grew louder as more onlookers laughed. She seethed at them, and looked at her prized possessions, given to her after she had finally, FINALLY managed to beat Master with a weapon. She traced the symbol on one of them, meant for luck, and the signal to start went off.
It seemed like every single one of the contestants turned to face her, determined to show her that no... CREATURE could just come to the mountain and become a citizen. She tilted her fans and glared, fine. Another beat down, but this time she would be ready. Charging at her, she slashed upwards. The Nekotian looked startled as the red of his own blood appeared. There was silence, and then a battle cry as they all charged her. Side stepping a sword, the fighting ensued.
She wasn't exactly sure how she got to the top of the fountain. She knew it hurt, and that she wasn't suppose to look like a deformed humanoid, and feel like she was about to pass out. Rules were rules, however, and she was given her citizenship. After that, she passed out. When she woke up, there was an ambassador, and her life in service began.
Up for love: Yes, oh... Bi I suppose
Other: Can shift into a cat

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:20 pm
Trinity9001 says...

lol, anytime :)
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLETS PLAY!!!!

Gavin: "I wanted us to bond over a common problem."
Michael: "But Gavin, you are the common problem"

"We are the things you see out of the corner of your eye"
-Mother Maiden

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:08 pm
AlmondEyes says...

Impaired, are you going to post anytime soon?
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

13 Reviews

Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:26 pm
View Likes
Dawnpath1 says...

I think I'm going to post in response to Aquila. Boring study hall is boring.

7 Reviews

Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:38 am
View Likes
Trinity9001 says...

Hey Thelios, I was kind of confused by your post. I wasn't sure about the shadows, if you meant they were people's shadows that were moving or inanimate objects. Also, could you kind of explain where you were planning on going with this. I just want to make sure I don't mess up the plot you are trying to set up. Thanks :)

-Mother Maiden

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:09 am
View Likes
Alvarin says...

I was planning on adding another character. Would that be okay? :)
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:08 am
View Likes
Shady says...

If it's for Atra. jk jk ;)

It's completely cool if you wanna add another character Alva! :D

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

43 Reviews

Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:58 am
View Likes
AlmondEyes says...

The SB is still accepting, so it shouldn't be a problem. I don't mean to be annoying, but has anybody talked to Impaired lately? I've been waiting on a post from him/her, but so far nothing.

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:08 pm
View Likes
methrirr123 says...

I had nooo Idea this thread existed. My bad for putting Rovaalian in the middle of the thread. I was just going with the flow of the the SB, I didn't realize there was any planning of any kind on it. I just RP the situations, and as an avid D&D player, that's often the easy part.
Spoiler! :
Name: Rovaalian Suraad
Nickname: people who don't know me don't call me anything
Class: Rouge, namely assassin
Race: Human
Rank: In terms of skill, uber captain, though has low social class.
Skills: Accuracy, endurance, dexterity.
Weakness: magic. only thing he can't even begin to comprehend.
Allegiance: None. Doesn't care about things he doesn't fully understand.
Appearance: Before you stands a tall, thin, and firm young man, with medium long hair that falls carelessly over his eyes. He's often tinkering with things, or tapping stuff. He wears a hooded cloak all the time, though not necesarrily with the hood up.
Personality: His past forces him to endure everything, he never gives up, and always fights back. He has a natural hate for bullies, and a natural sympathy for victims. Other than that, he doesn't care who you are. He's also very obnoxious and quick witted, with a dry sense of humor. Has next to no sense of self preservation, making him a poor leader, a bad influence, and a serious risk taker. It also makes him dangerous.
History: He was newly born in a happy family, in a happy house, in an unhappy neigborhood. His home city was consumed by a fire and he escaped, with his father, on a cart that left town. That cart was attacked by bandits, and he was the only one spared. He was young at the time. A man, a disturbed but skilled assassin, took the child and carved his own name into the childs back, across the shoulders: "Rovaalian Suraad." This man was Rovaalians namesake. And Rovaalian jr. hated him. But he learned well, and soon recieved two finely crafted shortswords, lighter, harder, and sharper than any other. They, he later discovered, were his fathers. By ten years old, he had already murdered twenty people. He was a young bandit, the youngest. And he hated it. At age twelve, he exacted his revenge by killing the whole troop, a hundred men or more, in their sleep in one night. Not one person woke, except for one that had stayed watch in a tree, and escaped before daybreak (Rovaalian never found out.) He killed Rovaalian senior last, taking his prized crossbow from his chest and survived in the woods for a month, before becoming a common thief for his living. He got good. Very good. He is, many think, a child prodigy, due to his uncanny ability to learn everything. Except for magic. He tried once to opperate a simple wand, and it exploded in his hand, searing off his eyebrows. They grew back though, so it's all good.
Up for love: Yes, straight. WILL NOT ENGAGE WOMEN FLIRTATIOSLY. AKA WON'T MAKE THE FIRST MOVE. EVER.
Other: That about covers it.
Last edited by methrirr123 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

7 Reviews

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:10 pm
View Likes
Trinity9001 says...

Its fine :)

-Mother Maiden

43 Reviews

Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:32 am
View Likes
AlmondEyes says...

Yea, no worries :)

43 Reviews

Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:38 pm
View Likes
AlmondEyes says...

Um, megsug? Could you edit your post a little? You made my character seem kind of rude and disrespectful. She isn't disrespectful to anyone who isn't disrespectful to her.....

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:59 pm
View Likes
megsug says...

...I haven't done anything with your character.
XD I think I see what happened. That's my character Eira who is disrespectful to people in general and also happens to be a wolf shapeshifter.
Yeah, the Atreans have come to Genor. The Nekoites have yet to make an appearance, I believe.
Test

The human heart has hidden treasures, in secret kept, in silence sealed...
— Charlotte Bronte