z

Young Writers Society

What the Emperor Doesn't Know DT

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:03 pm
ScarlettFire says...

*nods* I see. Anyhow, I have a profile to finish. Liora's being rather stubborn.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:16 pm
Sins says...

Didn't people get married really young and against their will anyway back in the olden days? I think the average age to get married back then was, like, 15-20, and even younger wasn't unusual.

LOL, look at me pretending I know things.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:24 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Yes, they did. XD I was just saying that to make it clearer: she has someone else (wink, wink :P) and has no intentions whatsoever of being caught or married off.
Signature Pending

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:49 pm
Destiny110 says...

My character profile is up! look! LOOK AT IT!!!! topic87203-15.html#p913099
The last person to mess with me and my tigerness lost his face...and his COOKIES!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:55 am
CelticaNoir says...

Name: Kalle Casca

Gender Female

For or Against: Neutral, at present

Rank/Title/Occupation Empress

Appearance: Kalle has mid-back length dark golden hair that she usually keeps up tied in a braid. When it is loose, it is normally very wavy and curly and rather messy. Her skin resembles that of a paper-pale doll, which gives her a very radiant yet fragile look. Her dark blue eyes stand out, however--most people feel a deep emotional turmoil when they look at them. Kalle has a thing for the colors gold and black, and also loves to wear flower accessories.

Spoiler! :
13Beatrice.jpg
13Beatrice.jpg (135.12 KiB) Viewed 220 times

Personality: Kalle is usually very calm and quiet, but that is merely her outside visage. Inside, she is a mess of pent-up emotions, silent rebellion and suppressed intelligence. She doesn't like being controlled, and will do anything to break free of whatever bonds are placed on her, no matter what. She isn't a chatterbox and doesn't let her emotions fly freely in front of others unless push comes to being-tossed-over-a-cliff. She doesn't, however, appreciate other people being hurt in front of her--she will intercede herself, often to the surprise of others. Strangely, she is rather shy, to the point people misinterpret her for being a coward. She also loves drawing.

Flaws/Weaknesses: Kalle has very weak stamina--she can't take hits or work physically for very long. Like mentioned back there, she is very shy, and while she doesn't usually let this be betrayed by her voice or words, it often comes out when she is making decisions or doing something.

History: Kalle was born to wealthy patrician parents. As a child, her recklessness and rebellion were severely punished, to the point that Kalle's entire personality changed visibly--at least to the people who knew her. She grew up to be a beautiful and proud young woman, but even so, she retained sparks of her old personality--every suitor that came for her head was turned down, every single governess that attempted to teach her got frustrated of her sooner or later. Before she met him.

She had been fifteen years old then--unlike most other girls of her age, she was not romantically-sensible, and instead preferred to whittle away her time doing painting. She had a hand and an eye for it, and was well-known for her incredibly realistic portraits throughout the city--to the point that she was commissioned for them. One day, she had been asked to do a portrait of Lizanna Marcus, a well-known socialite.

It was at the Marcus estate that she met Lizanna's older brother, Lorean. Kind, sensitive and intelligent, she found herself attracted to him and apparently, he also felt the same about her. He courted her for two years, and finally asked for her hand. However, at that same time, the Emperor had been looking for a third wife, and her parents were looking to marry her into his graces. They forced her to break off the engagement and instead convinced the Emperor to marry her.

Sore and angry, Kalle had determined to run away from home. But she overheard rumours of the Marcus family slowly running into debt, and that the children were looking to marry into money. She confronted Lorean with this, and he admitted that that was why he was interested in her in the first place. Betrayed and unable to do anything else, she returned to her parents and let the marriage take place.

But in her new role as Empress, Kalle feels caged and wants nothing more than to get out. She will do anything to leave the palace and her marriage--even perhaps, join the Resistance. But only time will tell...

Up For Love: Yes, but you'd have to gain her trust first--since she doesn't believe in love much anymore. She's not in love with the Emperor, by the way. And she's straight.

Other: Nothing at the moment.
Last edited by CelticaNoir on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

62 Reviews

Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:09 am
Destiny110 says...

Profile:

Name: Dante
Gender Male
For or Against: For (duh)
Rank/Title/Occupation Palace guard/Resistance council member & spy

Appearance: Blonde hair, piercing grey eyes very handsome, 5'9" Picture available.
Most of the time he is seen in his palace guard uniform. but takes it off and holds just a sword at his side for protection when he's in the tunnels.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Kind hearted, has a sense of humor but hates his job and only stays there because of the resistance. He has always been a strong fighter and good with a sword. Looks to protect all those that he cares about. Extremely friendly and it's not the first time you'll see him playing with the children in the tunnels.

Flaws/Weaknesses: Has been told that he is too kind but turns into a rutheless killer if you hurt anyone he cares about. He is in love with Asha, which makes him resent the prince for treating her the way he does

History: Dante grew up in Pash, his father is the head of the palace guards so he has always been a good fighter.
When Dante was 7, he was sent by his father to Leinad's shop with a dagger which had been damaged. While Leinad examined his father's knife, he stared in awe at the beautiful swords which the shop owner had on display. What caught his eye was a beautiful sword with a silver hilt and an emerald places in the hilt. Leinad saw that the boy had the potential to be a great warrior. That day he gave him a small dagger telling him to go and become a great warrior, and not to forget the old sword shopkeeper when he does

When Dante turned 15 his father signed him up for the guards and he agreed to join with no arguments. He had never liked the Emperor, and all his friends were surprised when he joined the guards, but he had an ulterior motive. a month before he joined the guards, he had gotten into an argument with his father. Later that night, his father asked Dante to go for a walk with him, they walked and his father took him to an abandoned alley, there he beat him to an inch of his life and left him for dead. The next morning he was found by Leinad, he took him in and nursed him back to health, after that he joined the resistance. He had befriended Leinad and became one of his most trusted friends. Leinad was like a father to him, together they planned for Dante to join the guards and get as much information as he could, because of this, he was given a position in the council.

A little while after he joined, he took an interest in the prince's slave girl, Asha, he took her to the tunnels where she joined the resistance and they remained close friends. But he always felt something towards her that he couldn't explain.

Up For Love: Yes (It's already been planned out)

Other: At the age of 13 his father gave him a dagger, at 15 he gave him his first sword when he joined the guards. He keeps both of these on him at all times. Being friends with Leinad, he was given many other swords and daggers to hold incase the need would arise, but he prefers to keep the ones his father gave him on him at all times
Spoiler! :
Sword:Image
Dagger: Image
Last edited by Destiny110 on Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The last person to mess with me and my tigerness lost his face...and his COOKIES!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:38 am
CelticaNoir says...

So. Is anyone interested in Kalle?

(Psst. She might or might not be interested in either Rein or Lou.)
I am the workingman, the inventor, the maker of the world's food and clothes.
I am the audience that witnesses history.
- Carl Sandburg, I am the People, the Mob

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:53 am
View Likes
DSF6647 says...

Wow the Emperor is on his third wife... go Mr. Emperor :p

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:14 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Isha that would be lovely!

And nothing specific. Maura just enjoys following people around and being a bother (mocking/teasing/insulting them/being too nosey/in the way). Just bringing her in so I have a good launching off point for my first post would be awesome :)

Also, to whoever was talking of marrying off their character (POD, that may have been you?) I don't know how "realistic" it would be considering Maura lives in the tunnels with the resistance and is an outlaw, but it might be interesting if somehow she ended up getting sold a young girl as her wife (seeing as she looks like a man and all). It may need some strange circumstances, but it could be amusing. xD
Got YWS?

62 Reviews

Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:09 pm
Destiny110 says...

DSF6647 wrote:Wow the Emperor is on his third wife... go Mr. Emperor :p

He gets around :P

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:11 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Destiny110 wrote:

Damn right he does!

I'll figure out something for his history.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:22 pm
eldEr says...

Lumi wrote:
Destiny110 wrote:

Damn right he does!

I'll figure out something for his history.

I love you people so much sometimes.

Also. First post is up, and may it teach you all a big lesson in jealousy. ;D
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:13 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Thanks for leading me in Isha!

Also, I was looking of Rein's profile Lumi and I feel like he and Maura could have a very interesting relationship. It may be fun to play with how awkward they could be xD

And I just wanted to throw out there how awesome you people are. I haven't storybooked in ages and you all are cracking me up xD Love it
Got YWS?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:17 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Lauren, I was thinking the same thing. xD
We'll have fun with this.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:27 pm
eldEr says...

Oh dear-- I already feel somewhat sorry for poor Rein. xD Hopefully these posts will move me to the point of laughter, because I'm going to end up writing posts that will make me cry. Or, one big post in particular that will make me cry. (because I'm a sap like that)

I'm eager to see how this turns out, you two. :P
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
— Henry David Thoreau, "Walden"