z

Young Writers Society

Academy Redux! DT

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:56 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Hm. I did a little research, and it would seem that Waverider was a good guy. Okay, how about Orelia is the ancestor of Dark Waverider (D-day series)who purposefully killed Superman (legacy of superman number one). is that okay? I would like her to be evil.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:05 pm
cheeb says...

Dreamy, your character doesn't have to be the same alignment as the ancestor. So Orelia can be evil whether she's the descendant of Waverider, Dark Waverider, Batman, Mr Potato-Head, whoever. :P
the user formerly known as chibibo

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:21 pm
ToritheMonster says...

oh, good. see ,but i really wanted her to take that anti-villainy class.... so i just revised my character profile a bit. She is now the ancestor of Dark Waverider, nothing else at all has changed. Is that okay? It would also open some conflict between her and the principle, if need be.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

53 Reviews

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:25 am
cheeb says...

*shrugs* Either way. The class takes both villain-descendants and people who behave like villains. Doesn't really matter, lol.

45 Reviews

Reviews: 45
Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:30 pm
skutter11 says...

Name Arthur Gravesend
Age 17
Gender Male
Ansestors He is decended from Galactus, from Marvel's "the Fantastic Four"
Home Earth 616
AllianceUnknown, as of yet...
Apearance He is tall, thin and has short dark hair that is always pushed to the side. He also wears a pair of big, rounded specticles which reflect everything he sees. He is never seen without a book perched underneath his arm. His clothes, which are the same a lot of the time, are a pair of jeans and a sleeveless top which he wears over his shirt. He has a long, sniped nose which he is always looking down whenever talking to someone of whom he considers of lower intelligence.
Personality Very arrogent, "snobby", and short tempered. He is also intelligent and is fearful to others when he is angry. He has a love for literature and all things scientific. He dispises stupidity and ignorance wherever he sees it and he sees it everywhere.
Abilities Can control Matter, but can lose the control when he gets angry.
Items His books.
Classes Spellcasting, Handling of Magical odjects and Potions and Brews
Level 0: When angry, snacks people on the head with a book
Level 1: Can control small objects to his will
Level 2: Can control larger objects to his will
Level 3: Basic Telepethy starts here
Level 4: Telepethy starts to get more powerful. Can now distinguish between two minds
Level 5: Inteligence goes up even more. Can now read one mind in a crowd
Level 6: Strength goes up. Can now hipotize people for short amount of time
Level 7: Can now change the shapes of objects for short amounts of time
Level 8: Can now change the shapes of objects permanantly
Level 9: Can now use Telepathy to attack. This can knock people out for several hours
Level 10: The Telepathy can now be fatal. Can now throw large objects at people with pure willpower
Last edited by skutter11 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Madness rides the Star wind"

HP Lovecraft. Ironic, no?

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:57 pm
AquaMarine says...

Name: Alicia Foley

Ancestor(s): Josh Foley (Elixir). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elixir_(comics)

Home: England. (Moved from New York when younger). Until she was sent to the academy, of course.

Alliance: Neutral. Could easily swing either way, though.

Appearance: Around 5'5 with mousey hair cut short so it brushes the bottoms of her ears. Dark blue eyes, which are quite wide. Occasionally wears glasses (although she'll be able to fix that as she powers up). Pretty curvy figure. Usually wears a slightly bland outfit of jeans and shirt, which she brightens with an array of hats and scarves.

Personality: Pretty naive, with an optimistic outlook that is usually, well, wrong. She's not really aware of what impact her power could have on her and her life. However, she does know that her life before the academy was quite a boring one, and one that she felt like she was stuck in. Alicia isn't one who is desperate to be a non-conformist, she just dislikes mundaneness; 'normal' life for her was boring, and she disliked it, despite her usual happy persona. She's of average intelligence, except when it comes to technology when she's above par.

Abilities: Biological Manipulation.
Level 0: Can take the pain away from minor injuries and aches. Doesn't heal them, though.
Level 1: Can speed up the healing process of minor cuts and bruises. That is, the time it would take them to heal is halved or, in very minor cases, even shorter time then that.
Level 2: Healing time is shortened considerably and she can begin to heal worse injuries. (But still only flesh wounds, etc. Cannot heal diseases or things like bad eyesight.)
Level 3: Can begin to heal her own body, but only to the extent that she can heal others.
Level 4: Healing time is shortened to instant for easy cases. Most flesh wounds can now be healed, with varying time taken for more difficult cases.
Level 5: Can heal illnesses and diseases.
Level 6: Can heal things such as bad eyesight and other deformities that may have been genetic or there since birth.
Level 7: Can now use her power as an offensive tool. Can create painful rashes etc. on an enemies' skin.
Level 8: As an offensive tool, the power is now more refined and she can begin to use it to really harm her enemies. She can stop their limbs working for a short period of time, and give them serious pains throughout their bodies.
Level 9: Can now give people diseases and suchlike with her disease. (Doing this, however, causes her some damage. She can get dizzy, and in serious cases she blacks out for a time.)
Level 10: Can actually kill people with her power by shutting down their vital organs. Doing this will cause her some physical pain (not to mention mental discomfort.)

Item(s): Just a ring, which is said to have been passed down through the family. Alicia's not if that's true, but she wears it nontheless.

Classes:
Energy and Superpower Channelling.
Potions and Brews.
Tech Upgrades.

Other: Guess she's up for love.
Theme song: Expectations - Belle and Sebastian.
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

53 Reviews

Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:16 pm
View Likes
cheeb says...

AquaMarine is approved (though she knew that already). Alicia's dorm until further notice is B3.

(skutter is still working on his profile, I believe. Try looking at Aqua's profile for reference. XD)

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:11 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Save spot for profile.

Edit: Profile.

Name: Elizabeth Phoenix. (Her alter ego calls herself Eagle.)

Ancestor(s): The Joker (from Batman) and Jean Grey/Phoenix (from X-men.)

Home: Sydney, Australia.

Alliance: Neutral, at the moment.

Appearance: Tall-ish (5'5) with green eyes, red hair with a streak of green through it (just at her left temple) and fair-ish skin. Likes to wear dark clothing, jeans, etc.

Personality: Elizabeth's personality has always been questionable. Sometimes kind, caring and respectful, at other times harsh, annoying and rebellious. She has an alter ego that starts off as a small personality tick but then becomes a full on switch (involuntary at level 7, voluntary at level 10) Elizabeth sometimes has a temper that she can't control. Her alter ego shows up when provoke but this is rarely.

Abilities: Insanity, Telepathy and a split personality. (though none are fully mature until level 10)
Level 0: Minor insanity, minor personality ticks.
Level 1: Minor increase in insanity.
Level 2: Minor increase in personality ticks.
Level 3: Manifestation of telepathy.
Level 4: Minor increase in mild personality ticks.
Level 5: Minor increase in telepathy.
Level 6: Mild increase in insanity.
Level 7: Manifestation of personality switch blackouts. (involuntary)
Level 8: Mild increase in telepathy.
Level 9: Mild increase in frequency of blackouts increases.
Level 10: Full telepathy, insanity and personality switch. (possibly voluntary)

Item(s): A necklace that, according to her mother, once belonged to one of her ancestors, as to which one...that's unknown for now.

Classes:
Sparring [Basic]
Energy and Superpower Channelling [Basic] (from level 3)
Anti-Villainy Counselling
Transformation [Basic] (level 7 to 10?)
Public Relations [Basic]

Other: Up for love, I guess.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

53 Reviews

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:51 pm
cheeb says...

Approved, Elizabeth's dorm (until further notice) is B4.

And with that, enrolments for new students have closed. If we can start wrapping up the shenanigans that somehow occurred on the first day, we can then say that the rest of O-Week went by without any interesting things happening, and start classes.

The only profile to be accepted after this point will be skutter's, since he did submit his first draft before the deadline. I will need that within about a week, though, otherwise your character will probably miss too many classes. Again, other people's profiles may be of assistance. If you still are having trouble, shoot me or Nutty a PM.

I'll also fiddle with the dorms slightly, since some people are currently alone. And I've got a timetable made up, I'll post that and the class lists (that is, the list of which students are taking what classes) tomorrow. In any case, watch this space.

And I guess I should thank you all for persevering through the wall of text that was the intro to this whole thing, and for sticking with it thus far, and presumably for sticking with it in the future. XD

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:53 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Are you also going to post a list of which dorms everyone is in? And I guess I'll go post soon, or tomorrow...or something.

53 Reviews

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:55 pm
cheeb says...

Oh yeah. I will post that too once I've rearranged it a little. XD

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:22 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Alright. I'll post later, once Liz's dorm is confirmed.

436 Reviews

Reviews: 436
Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:28 pm
AquaMarine says...

When the dorms are shuffled would you like me to edit my post?
"It is curious how often you humans manage to obtain that which you do not want."

-Spock.

Click if you love cookies

53 Reviews

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:30 pm
cheeb says...

Nah, it's ok. My thoughts are basically that the Academy admins shuffled them around for whatever reasons, so it's more a case of the characters moving their stuff to another room.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:32 pm
ScarlettFire says...

If that's the case, I might just post now then. Jusst to get Elizabeth in there, er, somewhere. :xd:

mashed potatoes are v a l i d
— Liminality