z

Young Writers Society

Saving Face DT

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:34 am
TexanWriter says...

rider: Yes, it's just because I like things clean. I'm picky that way. However, you can have euphemisms coming out of your frikin' ears if you want. I do. Dang, heck, friking, darn, crud, etc.

Billy: Thank you very much.

And this is set in June just so ya'll know. The starting date is June 13th, if you check the first thread.
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:22 am
ridersofdamar says...

would there still be snow in far north russia?
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:19 am
Billy says...

I think it's possible, but unlikely.
He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt. - Yossarian, Catch-22

Wide-eyed stupid.

If you're gonna rule the world, you've gotta get up early! - Joel S. Dickens

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:16 pm
ridersofdamar says...

I was in wyoming and there was still a lot of snow in the Tetons and the Wind river range, which as far as mountains go are relatively small. I could make it the arctic. Thats a good place to hide anyways.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:50 pm
StolenHearts. says...

Trying to even the boy/girl ratio
geez this is the first time there have been WAYYYY too many guys 0__0
and my other characters

Name: Sky, Evelynne Marie "Maria, Eve, anything you can think of really."

Gender: Female, she is tomboyish though. Parents thought she'd be more of a girly girl type.

Occupation: She works for an undercover agency to help people low on money, it's dangerous and includes its many risks. Her job is to get the dough and get back without being detected, she's a real natural. Eve loves to help out others, she had always had a crummy life. So, she likes to give back for all that she's been given.

Side: Rebel

Home: Currently? She's living in Bremerton Washington ( a lay low kind of place ) in this kind of home, deep in a forest. She loves the trek.

Normal Abilities: She's got a fast metabolism which keeps her in shape. She's always been pretty speedy due to a running camp she attended based on her skill in stealth. When she has free time she can draw some pretty amazing artwork.

Paranormal Abilities (aka superpowers): Invisible/senses, basically she can make herself disappear anytime and can be aware of her surroundings up to 30 miles out. Very helpful with what job she has.

Weaknesses and Flaws: She loses her invisibility within 37 minutes, don't ask why such a specific time. She has a bad phobia of black birds which roam Washington, She's contemplating on moving.

Likes/Interests: She loves to draw, sing, write, anything to take her mind off and let her imagination soar. She enjoys swimming, running, and listening to music. Old fashion stuff intrigues her, and she absolutely adores messing with guys.

Dislikes: Snooty girls who think they are better then everyone else, cockiness, stupid blondes that over exaggerate. Pretty much dumb people and good weather really. She hates warmth and the sun, she'd rather frolic in the rain with clouds high over her head then a perky meadow with sunshiny flowers.

Physical Appearance:

-Nationality: American with some British in her.
-Height: 5'3" very short.
-Weight: 107 pounds bare. She likes to keep light.
-Hair: ( look at the picture of her. ) sometimes she puts it up. But, she definitely likes to hide her face.
-Eyes: they are really vibrant most of the time, they tend to dim depending on her mood though.
-Picture: Image
-Other: totally up for love, but she's a total tom boy. She loves to get down and dirty.She has an intricate tattoo on her lower back that looks like this

Style of Dress: She always has baggy jeans ( no matter what ) it differs in style as to what color and design but she LOVES baggy pants. [You always know what color her undies are! Rofl, sorry had to mention that.] She wears tops from this to this (only shorter) She likes black and white, they are some of her favorite color combinations. But, she doesn't show off her legs.

Personality: She's very out there. When I say OUT i mean it. She let's all her emotion show, and doesn't care what anyone thinks of her. She can be mean or the nicest person in the world. It all depends on what mood you catch her in and who you are. It's kinda like a bi-polar thing. But, she's really sweet once you get to know her. She jokes with guys and isn't into girl talk. She normally chills with the boys.

Family/Friends/Pets: Derron William Sky, Step Father
Lillian Eli Sky, Mother
Dilly, Eve's husky.

History: She lived a hard life, she lost her real father when she was 16. Yes, she was a daddy's girl. She loves and misses him a lot, and visits his grave in northern Idaho whenever she gets the chance. Her mother always tried to lead her life, which frustrated her and made her rebel against her mom. Eve never liked being told what to do and still doesn't. She lives her life the way she wants to now. She rarely visits Lillian and Derron, simple because she really doesn't like to. Her mom nags her on how to be a proper lady and her step dad always tries to hard to be a dad. So, when she was old enough she packed up her bags and left and promised herself she'd never do that to her own children.

Up for Love? Of course she is.

Other: She bites her nails and is a little OCD. She needs everything in a specific place. She has post-it notes all over her house labeling everything. Yes, she can be a dork at times. But, after a while you learn to love her.

**Based on what she changed to as in appearance I'm just gonna get a new picture of her!**

Name: Leslie Flo Maribelle "Mari, belle, Flo"

Occupation: She works at an orphanage, helping little tots get adopted. Letting Aidan play with them, getting smiles on the little youngsters. Aidan always brings new kids to the orphanage, finding them alone on the streets. Mari welcomes them with a bright smile and invites them into the large house.

Side: Loyalty

Home: this only bigger and not pink, a bluish sorta color with white siding. This is among many houses in Washington.

Normal Abilities: She can figure out a person by looking at them, like a book. She's always been good at theater but, never really got into it.

Paranormal Abilities (aka superpowers): Emotion/mind reader. Basically, she can read people's emotions and manipulate them. She can communicate with people though mind and read their thoughts. But, she likes to let people's business be their business. So, she doesn't butt in a lot. Unless it's needed.

Weaknesses and Flaws: If too many emotions are thrown at her at once, she gets a major headache and can sometimes black out. She has a habit of being over protective and caring.

Likes/Interests: She loves taking care of kids, playing with Aidan, cooking, learning new things, society, and smiling.

Dislikes: She doesn't like it when it snows, but loves the rain. bully kids, cocky people, hot heads, and more but to lazy to list.

Physical Appearance:
-Nationality: American with a bit of dutch and Irish.
-Height:5'6" average height
-Weight: 123
-Hair: ( look in the picture ) She likes to put it into a messy bun on days she doesn't wanna shower.
-Eyes: vibrant depending on mood
-Other: nothing more.

Style of Dress: kind of vintage clothing she wears. She also likes wearing these hats and anything else that's in style. Loves flat shoes, and jackets.

Personality: Overactive imagination, bubbly, overprotective, mommy-like. She's always caring for other people, not for herself. She loves being around people, it makes her feel happy. She cares a lot about Aidan and normally never lets him out of her sight. But, she'll be sure to smack a smile on your face.

Family/Friends/Pets: Aidan Raye Leslie "Munchkin, Kiddo, Ray"

History: She was abused my her parents when they were overtaken of the shadows, and had to bury her own four year old brother. He died of brain cancer and the only thing she could do was make him comfortable at home since everyone was taken by the shadows. Mari fought the shadows and watched as he own son showed her his power. She has grown from where she last was and where she is now.

Up for Love? Of course she is.

Other: She loves apples, and playing on the swingset in the backyard of the orphanage.

**Here's Aidans profile, since i really didn't ever make it**

Name: Leslie, Aiden Raye "Munchkin, Kiddo, Ray"

Occupation: He doesn't go to school, Mari teaches him along with the other orphans. Aidan likes to help his mom around the orphanage and playing with new kids.

Side: whatever side his mom's on.

Home: The orphanage.

Normal Abilities: He's a fast learner and always has been, he knew how to talk as soon as he was born. Aidan is really good at math and could probably be said as being better then Maribelle.

Paranormal Abilities (aka superpowers): Aidan can put himself into other people's bodies, weather they be dead or alive. He can talk to his mom in his mind, but only her. He got the mind reading ability from Mari, of course. But, he is developing the power of noticing people's emotions.

Weaknesses and Flaws: He has many fears and sometimes he has nightmares that make him scream. He's a paranoid little runt, he can make anything bigger than it actually is.

Likes/Interests: He likes playing on the swingset, and pretending with the other kids, and he loves learning new things.

Dislikes: His night terrors, anything scary really.

Physical Appearance:
-Nationality: American
-Height: 3'6" pretty tall, but he looks four years old. REMEMBER THAT
-Weight: 45 pounds
-Hair: blonde and natural ( look at the picture )
-Eyes: blue, just blue.
-Other: He is half shadow. The shadows planted him inside Maribelle thinking it would help them but, soon figured out that he turned against them.

Style of Dress: He just wears tees and shorts, or pants. Maribelle doesn't have to worry about buying new clothes because of his size, Aidan won't grow...ever. But, she likes buying him new clothes and apparently he does too.

Personality: He's very bright and is charming when he meets a girl he likes. He's shy but, loves talking. He is the one always asking about things unknown to us. "Can you imagine what's outside our universe mommy? Our world is just a speck compared to others." "Do you think anything is possible?" He's always talking like something is bigger than us, and that it could be real. He loves being curious and looking at where he is.

Family/Friends/Pets: Maribelle Flo Leslie "Mommy, Mom"

History: He has never been anywhere without his mom. She told him that if the shadows ever found you again they'd try to take him from her and brainwash him. He always is alert for shadows and tries to keep his mom happy.

Up for Love? hmm, no. there's no other ten year olds in this x)

Other: He loves to pretend.

Ahhahhh! Finally I am finishedddd!!!!!!
Sorry it took so long, i wanted to make my new character unique and cool.
Geez I'm so happy I took all this time because, now im getting new ideas for my own writing pieces. (:
Wooohooooo!
Now, off to write their startings!!![img]

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:54 pm
Incognito says...

Nice characters Stolen.
I was thinking because right now everyone is starting off their own stories that we could some how get together and get somewhat of a plot going. It wn`t work if we get stuck at a standstill with all out characters in different places, all unwilling to post again to meet up with another.

I am going to meet up with LaReina`s characters if that is alright with her. I think LaReina that we could do something like how they were going to rent an apartment in the apartment building on Bourbon, and that means when Tobias uses his powers, they would be able to sense his presence and where he is.
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

33 Reviews

Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:51 pm
StolenHearts. says...

Thanks so much (: It took me forever to get Evelynne what i wanted her as! I wanted a new and original character to write inspiring things that might help me in my other pieces of work.

Ahh, yes. That is what i was thinking about while i created my characters. I'm going to get Evelynne to meet up with Maribelle and Aidan at a random event of some sort and then maybe another person's character could know Evelynne by chance and ask her to come with them. Slowly we would draw all the characters together, in a way that wouldn't be "How did we all get here?" you know?

Which really sucks is that my characters are in Washington, so far from others. But, I'll figure out a way to link my characters to everyone else. I may just use an add in temporary character that's an old friend and needs help or something. I'm sure I'll find a way.

ahaha if anyone has any ideas they would like to share, shoot. (;

127 Reviews

Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:46 pm
Incognito says...

Well, it could be possible that because my character is unbelievably poor and lives off of food stamps, that your one character could be sent to get my mad scientist dude money for his creations. LaReina and I ae already meeting up with our characters in New Orleans, so you may be able to join us there.

33 Reviews

Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:10 pm
StolenHearts. says...

Perfect, Yeah Eve could be told that she has to make a trip over to New Orleans. That would work really good, hmm and then Mari and Aidan could be called my LaReina's characters because, they have had some past contact and it stuck Mari to visit her characters.

Hmm, this may work even better then i had planned! (:

127 Reviews

Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:22 pm
Incognito says...

;3
I am just actually trying to get my character into the story. xD

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:37 pm
View Likes
Flux says...

Ha. Loser. No one wants to fit you in. Just kidding! I may get around to posting tonight.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:54 pm
Bloo says...

Maybe Gary could meet you guys in New Orleans on business. As soon as I have him done with his shadow research, which will be when I finally post. Or he wants to buy something off of your character, Incognito, and tracks him down there with his mad connections.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

127 Reviews

Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:44 pm
Incognito says...

Boltage, that could possibly work. And what we also can do is that while your character is in Tobias' apartment, he asks about a minor alteration, Tobias uses his Trace powers, his powers are revealed to LaReina's characters downstairs and they come up, and then quite possibly Stolen's character shows up on request from her company to ask Tobias if he needed her expertise. :/

It works, and all the while, Tobias' powers are revealed to them all. xD

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:55 pm
Flux says...

And they have a party. -snortlaugh-

Yeah, I'm not sure how my characters will "find" him, unless Spencer gets drunk and stumbles upon him, or Ellie is chasing after a rat and finds him. XD I will have to plan through that one ...
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

127 Reviews

Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:25 pm
Incognito says...

:/
Find whom?
If you were talking about Tobias, I was thinking they could be looking into an apartment for which they could stay temporarily which just happened to be the same as Tobias'. :3

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known."
— Chuck Palahniuk