z

Young Writers Society

The Safeway Discussion

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:43 am
ridersofdamar says...

I just got alot of school work, and other things are popping up, so im dropping out, but Bors can be played by anyone.
Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary, how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how to combine them. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:02 am
In_the_Moonlight says...

I'm fine with switching Mercedes to a human. I don't even remember what her power was.....but yeah she can be a human. :D
If I can impact one person, just one, with my writing before I die, then I've lived a great life

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:49 am
Telina says...

Here are the votes, which Monday and I counted.

Yes Vote
+ thefireinmeisJC
+ lizzifer
+ In_the_Moonlight
+ phantom_blackfire_wings
+ Monday
+ Telina

Awaiting vote
-Light_Devil

YWS storybook dropouts <-- This titile makes me laugh=]
boltageman
jok101
LaRein
asxz
-chasingcolts21
- riderofdamar

So the votes are in, we will be starting over shortly! Be patient though, Monday or myself will be sending out PM's when we have things sorted out, keep checking this DT for more information.
We're just working on the human/mutant thing, along with the powers.

DSF, we are taking your "two cents" into account.

We'll be sending everybody a PM as to what you are (human or mutant).
Good news: The majority of you probably won't have to change your character at all, things seem to be working out very evenly.

In_the_Moonlight, thank you very much for volunteering!

Like I said, you will be getting a PM with more information, and the date at which we will be starting the storybook over!

If there are any other changes, I will be sure to inform you.

YAY, I CAN'T WAIT

This is an e-mail I sent out to everybody, I'm just posting it here in case somebody didn't get it. Or for any new members that might drop by.

Hi, this is Telina from The Safeway storybook=]
I'm sending this message out as a courtesy to Monday, our beloved storybook creator.

I don't know if you've had the chance to drop into our DT yet but we've been talking about ways to revamp the story and to give it a better direction.

First off, we are doing a vote.
So if you are in favour of starting over please go post your vote in our DT where everybody else is voting.
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/post523007.html#523007
There's the link.
Please, please vote by Wednesday! We want to get things moving as fast as possible.

Also, we are going to be changing the characters, so there is a more even ratio of humans and mutants.
Here is a chart I would like you to fill out and PM me back.
You may keep your original character's name and age if you'd like.
Name:

If you are changing your character, please note that you are doing so.
Also if you could be so kind as to try and keep your character in the same gender, since we already have an even number of both, that would be greatly appreciated.

For the following we would like to try and match everybody up with their most desired character but for the sake of progress and interaction we need humans. Also remember, the president is still up for grabs, but if nobody wants him as a character we will all have to be a ghost writer for him, so he stays involved. More about that will be posted in the DT later.
What would you prefer your character to be? (human or mutant):

For this next one, we would like everybody to have one ability and it to be completely unique, no other character will have it. We don't want one character to have a million different powers because then the rest of us will not be needed.
So please, list more than one ability that you would like, put your most favoured first and we will try and match you with that one if you are a mutant.
What abilities would you like:

Once we get this all sorted out, your character will be sent back to you, we will have chosen human or mutant, and we will have picked your ability. Then you can go edit your current character(s).

More information will be sent with your new characters.
You will still be in control of your characters, the only thing we will be changing is the human/mutant thing and we will be limiting powers.
If you do choose to change more than that feel free too, remember it would be nice if you kept the same gender, but if you want to give your character a personality, or history make over please do so=]

If you have any other opinions, please voice them in the DT, or send myself or Monday a PM.

Please respond as soon as you can! Thank you for your cooperation.
Sincerely, Telina.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:42 pm
phantom_blackfire_wings says...

I also cannot wait.
"What are you doing?"
"I've got paint and rollers...water sking"~The Philanthropist

Don't push the Red Button

106 Reviews

Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:41 pm
In_the_Moonlight says...

i think this is gonna be awesome. I just hope there's a human guy so Mercedes at least has a chance at romance. :D
If I can impact one person, just one, with my writing before I die, then I've lived a great life

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:55 pm
chasingcolts21 says...

Hello everyone! Unless you really need me, I think I will be dropping out. I'm lost and confused here, and I doubt any of you would take the time and trouble to un-confuse me. Thanks though!
"We would accomplish many more things if we didn't think of them as impossible." Vince Lombardi

~You've just been ticketed by the Grammar Police! 1000 word essay fine.

106 Reviews

Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:22 pm
In_the_Moonlight says...

Chase, we're starting over....that's the whole point of this.... :?.

41 Reviews

Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:48 pm
Telina says...

Oh!!
In_the_Moonlight, how old is she? I forget.
I have a male character, I've never written romance from a mans point of view, so I'd love to try!
If they're the right age, he's 30, I'd be willing to drop him down to like 25 though so he could have a relationship!

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:58 am
Light_Devil says...

Oh, I vote YES! ^^

Name: Ringo Tori
What would you prefer your character to be? Mutant
What abilities would you like: Amazing eyesight and inhuman agility.

Sorry for you guys waiting on me. I wasn't on for awhile . . . ^^"

I'd like to keep my person the same otherwise. ^^
"Eat, Drink, Play"- National Pub Poker League
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
You wanna go to sleep? Click this --> http://qinni.deviantart.com/art/Timeles ... -102881379

106 Reviews

Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:04 pm
In_the_Moonlight says...

Mercedes was 16 if I remember correctly. I'm willing to push her up to 21. If that's good enough?

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:27 pm
thefireinmeisJC says...

Can Georgie still be mutant? (as in, she's a mutant from the start...I'll have to change her profile)

Speaking of romance, are there any mutant guys not claimed already? Georgie is 15.
Give hugs not bombs or whatever that saying says

Reviews: 2
Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:01 pm
Monday says...

Hey guys, sorry I haven't really been active in all of this. Telina has been doing all of the work, give her full credit because I've done nothing.

Well, I have strepthroat and I'm in the hospital now with my sister's laptop and its looking like I'll be here for a while. (who knew a simple cough and a soar throat would put you in a depressing hospital... with an IV in your arm).

Telina: I'm still going over those PMs and I'll get back to you soon, I promise!
Love of mine, someday you will die. But I'll be close behind, to follow you into the dark.
- Death Cab For Cutie

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:56 pm
DSF says...

Hey so I'm back!

Are we gonna start again soon!

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:46 am
Light_Devil says...

I know, is this gonna start up again soon? This one was fun!!
"Eat, Drink, Play"- National Pub Poker League
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator
You wanna go to sleep? Click this --> http://qinni.deviantart.com/art/Timeles ... -102881379

41 Reviews

Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:08 am
Telina says...

I haven't head from Monday in a while. I'll send her a message. If we don't hear back from her in two days I could get us started? I know most of the plans. We just need people to suggest plot lines.

"The adventures I enjoy are usually of a literary nature."
— Henry Winchester