80%
No
20%

Total votes : 5

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:55 am
TexanWriter says...

Or are we going to kill each other first? I claim the silver wire!! LOL!

just kidding... or was I?...
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:59 am
Threnody says...

You know how sometimes after you post something and you receive points for it, the thing says;

"You know, I, uh, really like you... As a friend I mean" or something along those lines.

I never really got that.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

88 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:16 am
TexanWriter says...

If you had a million bucks I'd be your best friend in a flash!! It's a funny thing saying "Wow, your rich now... You know, I always thought you were the most wonderful, beautiful, smart person I had ever known! Mind if I borrow a fifty?" all except for the last part:)

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

324 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:40 am
Threnody says...

That's what I thought at first. It just seemed so random.
“One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes”
~ The Little Prince~

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:44 am
StolenHearts. says...

Wow so much eye rolling going on :smt046
You guys are so cool lol
dudes I can't wait to restart it will be fresh and probably go much smoother!
Forever you are right about the flirting and action part being soo much its boring so,
i apologize for making my character flirt so much but!
I did put it in her bio LOL
ahahah I adore this site (:

324 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:51 am
Threnody says...

JustDance=] wrote:i would rather spend my time arguing over who's hotter taylor lautner or robert pattioson...btw taylor lautner all the way for me! =]

Robert Pattinson definitely.
He wasn't as good in Twilight but he's still really hot.
~ The Little Prince~

33 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:53 am
StolenHearts. says...

Robert Pattinson definitely.
He wasn't as good in Twilight but he's still really hot.

I have to agree his hair looked quite scary in twilight, like very very bad bed head. But, I'd have to say I'm definitely a drooling dog when it comes to my shark boy. (:

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:55 am
FinalFreedom says...

This is my opinion, take it how you want it, and excuse any possible language.

First of all;

The move to an entire new story seems pointless, and for those of us who are putting effort into our posts, this move would only cause stress and possibly lose you some of the writers who may very well make this story.

Second of all;

I myself have only gotten less than a handful of posts out. Why? Because people keep back to back posting, and are advancing the story way too far. The story is moving way too quickly, causing confusion amongst everyone(I believe that is safe to assume), and is cluttering the storybook. I mean, seriously, we have 6 freaking pages and HOW far have we gotten from Raven's house??

Another reason for the confusion is people not reading the others posts. But, how can one WANT to when people back to back post ten times about how they are staring at each other?

Third of all;

While covering the topic of not reading posts. No personal offence meant here, but please, I hate opening this storybook because boltageman's posts are a chore for me to read. Every time I read one of his I feel like cracking into review mode, and telling him what he's doing wrong and how to fix it.

Maybe with a new post, boltageman, you could also welcome the same or similar writing tactics that your fellow storybooker's are using, instead of just A blob with minimal punctuation, less than enjoyable grammar, and Run-on sentences up the wazoo? I'd be willing to mentor you on this, just send me a private message and I'll work through it with you.

All in all;

This isn't a fight over who owns which posts, who does better than the other. It isn't any of that. Boltageman and Texan want to move to a new storybook because they, and many others, have become confused. Whether that is a lack of reading everyone's posts, good grammar and understanability in everyone's post, or the fact we wasted 6 pages on moving a few hundred feet in a god-modded, lunatic fashion.

My suggestions are, as stated above, that people try harder to write and put less effort into simply getting their thoughts into the text box, but more effort into making them understandable and ENJOYABLE to read. Don't back to back post. You can get the fact that you are staring into each other's eye's and that you've never felt that way before over in two posts, there's no need to spend 10 to get it through our skulls.

Also, remember this. There is more than just YOU in this storybook. The main rule is "No God-Modding", yet we still god-mod? A "God-Mod" is not just a character who is all mighty and will smiteth thee with thy's own pencil, but the fact a writer will throw themselves into impossible odds, throw away all of the other character's just so they can get their one shot in the limelight, and only get knocked out. Correct me if I am wrong, but that right there is God-Modding. You're throwing your character into something that, if you were to do it, you would die doing, yet you come out with nothing but a small coma and a few bruises?

Another reccomendation is that when you get idea's, either PM everyone the idea and tell them to get their post ready to just copy-and-paste, or leave room for them to add. A single, two paragraph post, where you explicity start the event, give the climax of the event, then end it in a snap will simply not do, and it will(excuse me) piss the other writer's off.

This is a joint storybook, this is not just yours Texan. You may have posted it, you may have your name in the "original poster" box, but in the end, who will honestly give the lowest crud WHO created a simple storybook on a website? WHO is going to publish it? The way you write it seems that it is yours, and is less about the people who joined because they would like to see the storybook finish, but more about you, the one who created it, and nobody else has a place.

I know I may not be an all-power, and I may not be someone who would cause detrimental effects by leaving, but if we do move, I'd like to see some changes. Please, take what I said in the manner of it only being a personal opinion. No offence was made, and hopefully none taken.
Anti-Peta.

"In Vabbi , I was ambushed by six of them! They wielded blunt wooden sticks and were hissing at me about overdue fines... Bandits? Oh, no. These were library envoys."

-- Vael/Nathanael, Guild Wars: Eye of the North

33 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:03 am
StolenHearts. says...

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
I feel so embarrassed...why must I always forget that rule. )':
I do try my hardest though, ugh.
Final Freedom I'd have to say I agree completely with you, lol nobody can hate you for stating the facts.
This storybook is indeed getting me confused, and yes we haven't even gotten that far away.
If we had a new start to organize and redo our mistakes I'd be glad but, you say its a bad idea.
But, all in all you have a very good point. (:
If we do restart i will try my hardest to not break any of the rules and focus on making it more interesting to read.

88 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:31 pm
TexanWriter says...

I know, I know... I'm still stuck in heroine mode from my previous books... this is something new to me, and I feel just terrible! My writing style... ugh! why do I always write about JUST me??!!?! I want to improve, and giving others a chance is just really hard for me, maybe because I never learned. In real life and YWS. Please, could someone, anyone, give me pointers on how to do this? I want to improve!! Desperatly! I am so sorry everyone!

-Albert Einstein

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:48 pm
Bloo says...

good points final, and sorry about my posts i will try harder. I just wish te spell check on here worked for grammar to.

Random avatar

Reviews: 45
Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:25 pm
JustDance says...

my brain hurtsss...
so what are we doinggg? lol

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:27 pm
Bloo says...

wait you know i just reread or idea and i have to say that is what my idea was really just harder to do, my idea allows us like yours to eliminate confusion and make it easier. But it also gives a place to do that instead of just trying to fix the confusion there by sorting it out which would create more of it most likely. No offence to your proposal, and also you say that it was to fast but to slow ( kind of i got a bit confused there) so starting over will make it easier to slow it down and bring us out there sooner.

88 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:48 pm
TexanWriter says...

If you want, boltage, you can run your posts by me for grammar. I'm not the best, but.... [s]and I'm taking the limelight again. Nevermind.

...ugh...[/s]

:wink:
Last edited by TexanWriter on Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

-Albert Einstein

88 Reviews

Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:49 pm
TexanWriter says...

Does anyone mind if I add another character? I mean, when we start over? It'd be a guy. Anyone mind?

-Albert Einstein

Noelle, you can lead a writer to their computer and give them coffee, but you can't make them write.
— CowLogic