z

Young Writers Society

GT Plot Discussion

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Thu Apr 12, 2007 9:34 pm
Ego says...

Valin wouldn't be dumb enough to fight to the death, in my opinion. It seems he's smart enough to know that the elven kingdom is better off with a living leader than a dead one. If he gets separated from the group, he's more likely to vanish to get to them later, than try to save them and get them all killed.

Does tha make more sense?
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:28 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Or perhaps he has the others fight while he makes an escape.

"Royalty first!"

In any event, the group doesn't need to be destroyed, they only need to get lost and disorganized.

It would be a good way to shake off any NPC's as well.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

576 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:33 am
Ego says...

Grif, Jenna, Siegfried and myself were talking in chat the other day, and we've come to the conclusion that if we don't get started soon, it will lose backing.

We're thinking one week. This will give us some time to strengthen the storyline and determine a direction it will go.

All of you who have not spoken up about the suggested plot line...please do--we want satisfaction with the writers here, not a plot forced down your throats.
Got YWS? I do.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:53 am
sabradan says...

Griffinkeeper wrote:Or perhaps he has the others fight while he makes an escape.

"Royalty first!"

In any event, the group doesn't need to be destroyed, they only need to get lost and disorganized.

It would be a good way to shake off any NPC's as well.

I don't think Valin would use the "royalty first" thing. He may be aloof, but hes not pompous, or (too) selfish. He'd probably go out looking for another way out and come get them later. He's gonna be just as BAMF in the sequel as in the first two.

"I bow for no one"
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

576 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:59 pm
Ego says...

So...you're going with a new character then. Because unless you can find a way for Valin to get out of fighting these guys, his BAMFness will end pretty quickly.
Got YWS? I do.

147 Reviews

Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:15 pm
sabradan says...

Right, like I said, he's going to escape, and rescue the others later. I'm just saying he wouldn't be a pompous dick about it and be like "hrm, well yes, old boy, I am royalty so I say, I will leave you lot to save my a**"
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:02 am
Griffinkeeper says...

My fellow authors, GT has been made operational. If you expressed an interest in this storybook, you may now post character profiles and we can begin.

Hunter has asked to write about the last moments of JIN for the first post of GT. I told him to go ahead, but if there is an objection, I can delete the post and we can go forward without this.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:52 am
Griffinkeeper says...

We're officially open for business.

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:37 pm
misspriss says...

Woohoo!! *party horn blares*

863 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 30, 2007 7:11 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Some of you may be uncertain where to start.

There are three places.

1. You can start with the GT group. This is the best option if you are just joining the storybook, or if your character is new, or both.

2. You can start in prison. This is a good option for the JIN characters who were captured by the army.

3. Somewhere else? If you have some other place in mind, then you probably don't need this in the first place. One good spot might be in a town, where the GT group may soon come into.

Let's start posting people.

Random avatar

Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:14 pm
misspriss says...

I may come in, in town.

147 Reviews

Mon Apr 30, 2007 6:31 pm
sabradan says...

I'll be in the town. So get yer butts to the town, kay?

-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

375 Reviews

Reviews: 375
Mon Apr 30, 2007 10:28 pm
Dargquon Ql'deleodna says...

I'll break out of prison... on the outskirts of a town (in which some other characters might be, just lying low). or be broken out of prison. whichever works.
Life's a B*tch, slap it upside the head.

Dargquon Ql'deleodna: (n) "Dar-qu-on Kel-del-ode-na" something i made up that sounded cool, partially based off of the Drow Drizzt Do'Urden's name style

Random avatar

Tue May 01, 2007 5:26 pm
misspriss says...

Umm...why is Alana there? I thought I said I was gonna bring her in, in town. *confused face*

863 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 01, 2007 6:39 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

I'll change my post.

EDIT: I've changed my post so that Ria and Kira are traveling alone.

To keep the group together, they are going to an Inn, where they have a contact that will introduce them to some of the other characters. Not quite sure how this will work, maybe the contact will meet them.

If you can't get out of your comfort zone, you'll never find what you're looking for. Don't make things quick and easy to feel better short term. Make a change and then you'll feel better longer term.
— Frinderman