z

Young Writers Society

Dragons Dt

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:26 pm
View Likes
r4p17 says...

@Cynder I made several changes/additions to Thoren as well as made a post in the SB! I pretty much gave my opinion of all the dragons, developed Kiribi's personality, and set the stage for heading to earth.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:49 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

@r4p17 awesome job! I really like how our characters are developing.

@Kelpies use this DT to discuss everything/ask questions. It would be a great idea if you went next! :D
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

179 Reviews

Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:54 pm
View Likes
r4p17 says...

Thanks! I was just looking at my character and decided he needed a little more personality. I think that helped my entry as well. Then last night as I was brushing my teeth I had the brilliant idea of locking Kirimbi out. :P that was fun!
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

440 Reviews

Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:00 pm
Wolfi says...

Yes, I think that I should update my character, too. Right now it's... flat.
Poor Kirimbi! xD
Last edited by Wolfi on Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
and do not be afraid.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:00 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

I agree, R4, nice job!

Maybe Kelpsies will have you guys get to 'Reality' and I'll pick up from there. My idea that the 'monster' that was chasing Cryssi was a Hippogryph that she got all mad by insulting it (mainly looks xD) How she got the enraged Hippogryph (if that's an appropriate 'monster) to attack the monsters is she flew lower to the ground and it saw the group and in its fury foolishly attacked them. Sound good?
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

440 Reviews

Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:04 pm
Wolfi says...

As long as the Hippogriff/Hippogryph isn't as nice and fluffy as Buckbeak, I think that that would be a suitable monster. We need to decide, though, how would a monster get to Reality when it seems like the only magical creatures are going there to help the humans? Would this "monster" be trying to help, too, and was just kind of a bully?
and do not be afraid.

179 Reviews

Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:06 pm
r4p17 says...

@Wolfare1 I can't wait to see you two together!

767 Reviews

Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:09 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

Hmm... I'm not sure. I was thinking that it had a home in the peaks of the secluded Rocky Mountains, so maybe just a bully then? (That might help to why he gets so agitated easily by silly insults.)

What two together? The Hippogryph and Cryssi? (Please excuse my tired brain.)

[she/her]

440 Reviews

Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:15 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

@Cynder @Cynder @Cynder
What's your opinion? Does the Hippogryph have to be from that middle dimension or can it live in the Rockies?
and do not be afraid.

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:07 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

I didn't care much that I had been locked out, as long as nobody touched the pearl. I worked better on my own anyway. "It's still not shining" I muttered to myself. I rubbed it with my mane, dew droplets coated the pearl, and it started to glow. I tucked it away safely in my mane, and went to sleep.

I awoke when rain started pattering on my scales. I needed a shower anyway. I tilted up my head and drank, thunder roared in the distance. I started whipping my long body around trying to catch raindrops on my long green tongue. My tail started pounding on the door, it was mid-morning anyway, so I figured that they should wake up enough to realize that it was time to get moving. I started laughing, I rolled down a grassy slope and ended up trying to get a knot out of myself. The door opened, Gene stood near the door. I nodded my thanks. "Rain is fun" I said in a hollow voice, remembering how... Different I was from the rest. My family was the only enduring family of my species, and my parents were dead, so I was the last.

Bringing on my usual, chipper speech, I started trying to make conversation with the rest of the dragons. Getting slightly bored, I started polishing my pearl. Everyone started looking at me all funny, who doesn't polish pearls with their tongues? "Time to get moving" said Ramur, "moving where again?" I asked. "The Rockies, duh." He looked at me like an idiot. I remembered what I had heard about the Rockies. "No bamboo there" I moaned, "the only thing I'm looking forward to is the flag". Again everyone looked at me weird, at least I had learned something from my constant talking. "Wild Iris, quite beautiful things, they grow by ponds". Some re-evaluated me, some just kept their judgement of me unchanged. I tried not to care, but what they thought I was, it stung like a thorn.

"Time to fly" said Ramur. Everyone stared at my wing-less form. "I am not using magic to get there! I'm going to die if I exert that much energy, especially on such a useless prospect." I hated that when they thought about me, they didn't close their eyes, I can't resist eavesdropping. I hung my head. "Give me a direction" "Just follow us" Ramur said, and everyone nodded, or shook their head. I started to float, this tiny advance cost me. I followed the rest, I knew that when we got there, I was going to need some serious rest.

Snow covered the peaks, even in the middle of summer. A lake made itself visible, a tiny island rested in the middle. "I call island!" I yelled above the clamor of their wings. I dove towards my new bedroom, not a human in sight. some rolled their eyes, others just ignored me. I splashed down into the lake, the utter exhaustion of the trip caught up with me, I could barely make it back to the shore. I plopped down, and promptly fell asleep.

"At least she's not talking" I heard someone say with a sneer. I started polishing, this team was like all the others, barely accepting me. Gene and Thorin seemed nice, I had yet to put a judgement on the others. I did not yet know who had locked me out, but I didn't like whoever it was. I felt something slithering on me, I looked at it, a medium sized brown snake wound around my limb. I picked it up in my talons, and looked into it's eyes, I put it behind my ear, it was welcome in my presence. Cynder looked at me, and saw it. She didn't like it much, everyone thought it might be poisonous. I saw something shiny roll toward the lake, it took a second to register that it was my pearl. I tried to snatch it up, but something scaly in the lake ate it. I screamed, my high pitched voice driving squirrels up trees, and gophers into their holes. Birds cowered in their nests as I dove into the lake, I was not coming up until that fish had met my wrath.

I looked everywhere, no fish to be seen. the lake was gloomy, concealing anything that might have been a fish, I went strait to the bottom, I tried to swim up for breath, but I was too late, I let my breath go, and I plummeted to the bottom.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

223 Reviews

Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:08 pm
Kelpies says...

Sorry, it's a little short, XD.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

767 Reviews

Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:18 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

Kelpsies, you put it in the other thread.

[she/her]

440 Reviews

Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:21 pm
Wolfi says...

Good job, @Kelpies! All you have to do is post it in the right place. This is the DT, where we discuss the story, and here is where we post the actual story.
and do not be afraid.

223 Reviews

Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:40 am
Kelpies says...

oops... XD. Thanks for making that clear to me.

767 Reviews

Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:14 am
SpiritedWolfe says...

Should I go ahead and write about the Hippogryph or wait?

[she/her]

"Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness."
— Bishop Desmond Tutu