z

Young Writers Society

PMD: Seventeen Plates DT 4

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:22 pm
View Likes
TheSilverFox says...

@AstralHunter: Okay, so, I've plotted out a lot of endings for Aegeas, and how he turns out at the end of the story seems to be marginally dictated based on the kinds of friendships that he establishes with everyone else. So, although I know that I'm going to rue this, you would most scare me by implementing some sort of an obstacle between Aegeas and everyone else. For some reason, he can't speak to any of them, or they all hate him, or are suspicious of him. I'm not sure if that would be the cause of something he says himself, as he generally controls himself, unless he's in a situation in which he becomes incredibly angry. But, still, I'm a little impartial as to what happens to him. I'd like him to have a happy ending; if that's not the case, I can compromise, or at least let him die with dignity. Which is surprisingly somber to say, but true. Yet, he is one of my older and more well-developed characters, and I would definitely not be happy to see him go. *shrugs*
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:03 am
Poopsie says...

SCHOOL-BLARGHSAOP'HPIVSNJKD;- HUFF HUFF HUFF- BLAFRFTHYGHWAT- GUUUHHHHHHH

claws through math
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:30 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

*Cheers for Poopsie* Strike Math down. And becomre more powerful than it can possible imagine.

Also, new signature. About as crazy as my new avatar, lol.

@TheSilverFox I'LL READ YOUR STUFF LATER. I WILL, BUT I HATE YOU FOR HAVING AWESOME BUT LONG POSTS. LONGER THAN MINE. EVEN IN DTs ARGH. XD
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:52 am
StupidSoup says...

Strike math down? What is this Dark Souls? I'm not in the business of defeating infallible beings.

In any case, whose posting next. I wanna go kill bloodmoon already. (not literally of course)
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:13 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Am I the only one who feels this post is taking much too long to write? I mean it's been what, two weeks? At least, since @Robusto is absent without leave (that's right, mister, I'm talking to you :P) and I don't know what he has planned for his NPCs, you'll be seeing some action soon.

Now, this is a matter that mostly concerns @Buggiedude2340, so her say has the most value, but I'm bored with Jewels. With the introduction of Neona, I now have another independent, strong-willed female character, and seeing as she's going to be in the prequel, that means Jewels has sort of become redundant. Therefore, I shall provide two options. Either Jewels stays on as an NPC that Buggie can use as she pleases, or she returns home prematurely. Which do you guys choose?

PS: I've been rereading some of the oldest recent posts (last few pages) and I LOVE IT! Seriously, try it sometime. This really is an awesome story, although Gabriel's confuses. I'm going to clarify things for myself in the coming weeks. (In the form of a post, of course.)

EDIT: Have I mentioned I'm now playing Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team? I defeated Team Meanies today with myself as a Bulbasaur (had no choice in that matter), a Charmander as partner, and a Zigzagoon as secondary partner. Stupid Gengar, Medicham and Ekans got what they deserved for stealing my mail. Humph.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:43 pm
Ventomology says...

Hunter, we need to have a chat about why you think thus about Jewels. I assure you I have an infinite number of arguments on why the reason you gave is not enough, and not correct.

Also, I apologize to everyone for not having posted yet. I definitely at least started on a post... but college applications are ruining my life.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

293 Reviews

Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:47 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Buggiedude2340, I've been called out before on saying one thing in the DT post but adding other details in private, so let me clarify: the two reasons I provided are the broadest way of describing my motivation for dropping her. I wanted to run it by you first, but since we were never online at the same time during the past week and I didn't want to send a PM, I just posted it here. Of course, if you'd prefer I send a PM, I shall do so, but I'd prefer to hear from you first. Perhaps I can be persuaded to keep her. Perhaps not. We'll see.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:17 pm
TheSilverFox says...

@AstralHunter: Bah. I have a lot of characters - both in this story and otherwise - that I could simplify to some extent in a general mold. If you feel like two characters are too alike, or are redundant, and you're getting quite bored with one of them...well, you are the writer. Through in quirks, idiosyncrasies; start separating them as individuals. Neither has to purely fit under such a mold, and it's a little silly to classify them as such, although I see you do understand this. Nevertheless, if you're bored, you are the writer, and you can make things more interesting, and you can separate your characters so that they shine and become individualized. If that doesn't work, start changing one or both of them. I'm going to be frank and admit that Aegeas's original personality doesn't resemble his new one all that well, if only because of the reasons behind that personality have changed with time. It does help that you're one of the most powerful people in this Storybook, and have a lot of authority to freely use. So, you're not lacking in options here.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:23 pm
Ventomology says...

Hunter: I should be available during your Friday night and most of the weekend. If there's a time you know will work for you, let me know!
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

40 Reviews

Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:15 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

...Red Rescue Team. Hey, huh, warn me when you reach Great Canyon. Favorite music of the game so far, you'll see why.
Also, say hello to that Gengar for me whenever you meet him again. He's the ONE Gengar I hate for a reason........ ALSO ENJOY THE GAME

eeeeh, well I mean you can always change Jewels around to avoid making her redundant, right? I don't feel like you should drop her despite the fact that your reasons seem fair (and far more detailed than the summarized version you've provided here).

...I need to get back to Red Rescue Team. I stopped in the middle of that game and need to be done with it at last...
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?

293 Reviews

Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:26 am
BrumalHunter says...

@Buggiedude2340, I'll be free anytime five hours after this post. I'll even wake up early if I need to. Let's say... Eleven at me? Otherwise, I can meet you at eight tomorrow, which would be night for you. We can speak at your earliest convenience.
— Paul the Apostle

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:31 pm
Poopsie says...

@Tortwag. Just read the post above this one ^

Nostalgia hit me like a train q.q
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:40 pm
BrumalHunter says...

I have to go meet Xatu next! Hopefully, I'll be able to meet Absol eventually too. Things ought to make so much more sense after I'm done. It would be awesome if that continent was in here too. Perhaps we could use it in the sequel... *hinthint*
— Paul the Apostle

40 Reviews

Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:26 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@Poopsie I'm just nostalgic of Great Canyon really. I needed to complete that game to feel truly nostalgic about it :\

@AstralHunter HERE IT COMES. BLAST YOUR EARS WITH GREAT CANYON MUSIC, THEN I'LL SEND YOU A REMASTERED VERSION (I mean I THINK it's near Xatu, I may be wrong on this) DUDE, THAT THEME IS SO... SO...emotional. Like really, I love the atmosphere it has to it.

That COULD be interesting, yes indeed. But then the Hidden Lands from PMD2 are epic enough to make an appearance as well, y'know.

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:55 pm
Robusto says...

Ok, it's obvious the weekends are going to be the only time I have for this place while I'm in school. ^~^'
I REALLY need to manage my time here more efficiently. You guys are the best, and I need to stop leavin ya without a word.

If you steal property, you must report its fair market value...
— John Oliver