Young Writers Society

Oceanside Academy for the... Eccentric DT

271 Reviews

Reviews: 271
Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:23 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

Hey gang!

I just wanted to congratulate you all and yes, give myself a pat on the back. Oceanside as been rated the most popular SB this month in the Storybook Newsletter

I am so proud of you all, this could not have been accomplished without you. You all have amazing characters and wonderful unique ideas that have contributed to this storybook. I am so proud of all our hard work and dedication, keeping a storybook running is not an easy thing to do. I know we're going to have a great run, and possibly see more features in the newsletter as we continue. Great job!

I would also like to congratulate @HazelGrace16 for winning Most Deserving of Attention. Hazel, I have been writing with you for a while now and am so glad you got recognition as well. You're an amazing SBer and it has been my pleasure to write with you in Cataclysm (which flopped), LWPCP, and 7 Deadly Sins (which unfortunately, flopped as well). We always hatch the most fabulous evil plans and I can say that you are easily one of my closest friends on YWS. GREAT JOB! LOVE YOU GURL!
And the heart is hard to translate
It has a language of its own
It talks in tongues and quiet sighs,
And prayers and proclamations

-Florence + The Machine (All This and Heaven Too)

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:06 pm
View Likes
mcleo1 says...

@Gravity
I'm so happy for you xD
Swimming in murky water is one of the more interesting things in life. :mrgreen:

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:26 pm
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

Aw I love you too!! Congrats to everyone! This has been really exciting! I'm so proud of you @Gravity
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

271 Reviews

Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:33 pm
View Likes
Gravity says...

If you haven't gotten your first day posts in, you have until Sunday to do so, please comment (if you have not yet done 1st day posts) and let me know what's going on or if you need an extension. Also, @QueenofHearts I am waiting for a post from you. So excited to see a friendship form between Aaron and Cora!

I can't wait to see what everybody else has to contribute, if you have already done a first day post but did not include the power based classes because you did not know what it would be like, you may post again for that reason. I'm so excited, we have such a great assortment of charries!!!!

Lastly, I want to challenge you guys. I want you all to maybe message somebody that you haven't written with before, or have two unlikely characters interact that you maybe wouldn't expect. I want to encourage you guys to form friendships, not just romantic relationships. Sometimes, the people that are there for you when the world is falling apart are your best friends and it's important to acknowledge that.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sat Apr 09, 2016 1:22 pm
SkyeWalker says...

@Gravity, I've already posted something about this, but I'll do it again. I've been gone all week, just got back today (11 pm last night to be exact, really,) and I've been computerless all week as well. I haven't had the time to type anything up, and seeing as this weekend will be extremely busy as well, I don't know if I'll be able to get a post up on Sunday.

So, would it be possible for me to have an extension? I don't think I'd need much more time, posts don't take all that long to type up!

Thanks!
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

271 Reviews

Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:25 am
Gravity says...

@SkyeWalker yes it slipped through the cracks, I'm sorry I didn't remember. Yes, an extension is possible :)

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:51 am
LordZeus says...

@Gravity I am currently in Mumbai for a short holiday. I have been for a week so I am unable to post and I am currently writing this on my phone. So could I please have an extension until Wednesday? I'll have been back home for enough time to get up a post by then.

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:36 am
soundofmind says...

Hey @Gravity ! I should be able to get mine up by late today (or, potentially, super super early tomorrow morning, like, post-midnight, pre-when-normal-people-wake)
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:54 pm
NicoleBri says...

Arena and Matthew definitely need more friends! Any takers? :)
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:00 pm
mcleo1 says...

Go ahead and add Briony if you want XD. I added Matt in one of my posts so yeah
Swimming in murky water is one of the more interesting things in life. :mrgreen:

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun Apr 10, 2016 4:46 pm
backroadstraveler says...

You can use Lilah! @NicoleBri
Eggs are scrambled, eyes are addled, and brains should never be eaten

-The Lady Peg

271 Reviews

Sun Apr 10, 2016 6:33 pm
Gravity says...

@NicoleBri and you are always welcome to my characters as well :) but Aaron isn't too friendly XD

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:57 am
SkyeWalker says...

@NicoleBri feel free to use Nyx. I think she's only got like 2-3 friends atm so XD
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:47 am
MariaRowlands says...

@NicoleBri Trixie and Lucifer (when he arrives) are at your disposal if you want to include them.
May The Blood of my Enemies Flow Like Rivers to the Sea

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:37 am
soundofmind says...

@Gravity I know that Bela and Kaito will be working together, but when they're not... is Kaito's teacher just Mr. O'Malley? What does it look like for him to be working individually?

I'm sorry I'm confused I just... don't wanna write something completely wrong.

help
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

i don't need to search the stars to know myself
— soundofmind