z

Young Writers Society

rPMD: Guardians of Erebus DT

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:52 am
BrumalHunter says...

If the others are fine with it, go right ahead!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:42 am
View Likes
Poopsie says...

Bf1 :D
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:17 pm
TinkerTwaggy says...

@TheSilverFox Allow me to enhance your childhood.

Spoiler! :
phpBB [media]

You're welcome.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

293 Reviews

Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:18 pm
BrumalHunter says...

It is undeniably awesome, yes, @Poopsie. I didn't watch the livestream, though.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

62 Reviews

Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:04 pm
Poopsie says...

they got snoop dogg to play ;3
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:17 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Oh, right! My brother told me about that. Somehow, though, your notification got lost. And for this of all things.

As for everybody else... well, I'd ask if we should take a break to allow you to recover from the slump in which you apparently are, but the SB hasn't been active for very long and it's actually vacation and June, the month in which the site is supposed to be the busiest. What gives? Are the mechanics too complicated? Have I not been clear enough in my requests and instructions? Are you bored?

Those are earnest questions, since you must remember, this is only the second storybook I've created. I've been in many, sure, but I don't have any hands-on experience, and if my fellow participants don't talk to me, I can't improve on my weaker areas or grow in general. I realise I probably sound like a whiny, nagging child, but I can only do so much on my own. I tried to make this interesting, but if there is no cooperation, my hands are tied and this storybook, as much as I would hate it, will be archived.

Do I need to impose a deadline? I'm really at a loss, and though I know posts take time to write, it seems like there isn't any motivation to write. @TheSilverFox, I realise you have affairs to deal with, but you said you were hoping to submit your post by Sunday. Even if progress is slower than anticipated - and this goes for any past or future occurrences - just inform me. Communication is the key behind success in storybooks, so yeah. I guess that's all. I can't even write a post to bump this, since there isn't anything about which to write from my side.
— Paul the Apostle

62 Reviews

Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:29 pm
Poopsie says...

In the middle of a summer ap bio class. It ends next week. Also, the contest is taking up a lot of my time. I totally procrastinated. Sorry :(
The Poopsiest.

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

293 Reviews

Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:33 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Thank you for informing me, @Poopsie - now go ace those biology classes! And good luck with the contest too. ;)
— Paul the Apostle

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:38 pm
TheSilverFox says...

Aaargh I know I'm preventing everybody else from writing anything. I'm dreadfully sorry about that. It's just...I'm not bored with this SB. I rather like it, especially when it comes to the plotting and the concepts. But my motivation to write seems to be inversely proportional to the amount of free time I actually have to write. And, since it's summer, I've been persistently fighting my own procrastination. So now I kind of have to force myself to write.

But I have been continuing with my post over the past couple of days, and I have made plenty of progress. At the least, I actually think, if I put enough effort into it, I can finish my post by either tomorrow or Friday. Otherwise, it might take until Sunday at the latest. I don't know how much I can uphold that promise, but...I can at least try.

So, that's my present situation.
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:49 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

I'm kind of in the same boat as Silver xD I have had ample free time these last few days, and the only thing I've been wanting to do is sleep and play my DS.

(I've also been hesitant to say anything since I tend to make promises I can't keep. But I will be finishing some edits to my profile later this week, Hunter, and after Silv posts, I'll do my best to write something as well.)
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:50 am
StupidSoup says...

.-. I have no excuse other than guitar. I will post tmrw
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:10 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

...Question. Did we all post yet? Because personally I had the impression that I needed to wait for a general post/whoever hadn't posted yet to worry about posting something else myself. I... may be in the wrong with that logic.
Wouldn't be the first time.

Aside said logic, the main excuses I have for not posting yet is the fact that I haven't even caught up with everything I needed to catch up yet, and Mom and I are kinda stuck with trying to deal with the preparations needed for my 3 to 5 years stay in Valenciennes, which relates to my game design studies - which I need to practice for along with writing.
AKA Life and me being late with things are the two actually decent excuses I have - the first one especially.
So there! That's my current situation.
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:16 pm
TheSilverFox says...

@Tortwag, @StupidSoup: I'm the one who's supposed to be writing a post, so as to begin the second round. So I'd advise holding off on that post, Numbers. And don't worry about a thing, Tort; it should take me at least a couple of days to write the post (and best of luck with your travel plans! It sounds fun, especially as you can focus on game design. :D).
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:56 pm
Ventomology says...

I'm just hanging around, not posting in the DT because that always makes me feel a bit awkward. And I am ready to write whenever because I'm not on travel until mid-July.
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

293 Reviews

Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:56 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Thank you for your responses, everyone! (Until we hear from @Rydia, we'll just assume Ariadne goes NPC.) However, in Blood's Curse, we recently had a WFP session to discuss character interaction. If you feel up to it, we can have such a session on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. Even if not everyone can make it, I'd be willing to pitch up each time.
— Paul the Apostle

It's Monday and you folks are beginning to wonder about the show, aren't you
— David Letterman