z

Young Writers Society

Gatiss Underbelly DT

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:48 pm
crossroads says...

Yes, Cristina is visible as well ^^
She gets less visible if she feels very insecure of herself, scared and lonely and all that, though.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:52 pm
KingLucifer says...

Vampires, more the merrier, and I hold the Queen of them all, Queen of the Damned? Na, na. XD
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:54 pm
Alvarin says...

No one wants an adorable Whitelighter? :P
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

117 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:59 pm
crossroads says...

Just figured I'm actually a totally good character this time O:

Alvarin, you mean someone to bound with you? You can just pick a person and go protecting them xD
- they/them -

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:00 pm
thestorygirl says...

Yeah, you should just pick one. I don't think anyone would say no.
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:01 pm
KingLucifer says...

Alvarin if your Whitelighter was bound to Kira, it maybe a long time before he's bound to someone else.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:01 pm
veeren says...

I'd say me Alvarin, but my character's older than yours xP
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

117 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:02 pm
crossroads says...

That doesn't matter.. We protect the one we get bounded with, no matter of age ^^
- they/them -

30 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:04 pm
Alvarin says...

AriaAdams wrote:Alvarin, you mean someone to bound with you? You can just pick a person and go protecting them xD

But that's no fun. I'd rather make my own character in that case xD

VeerenVKS wrote:I'd say me Alvarin, but my character's older than yours xP

I don't think that matters :P
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

184 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:06 pm
veeren says...

Well in that case, maybe we can work something out :D
-Plato's Symposium

30 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:08 pm
View Likes
Alvarin says...

Yey! I'm gona PM you now, at once xD
― Thomas Harris

289 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 289
Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:35 pm
View Likes
Caesar says...

LoyalHeart wrote: soon sparked some tension between House Nemesis and House Melissa, as the two heads were clashing to make some sort of push to win. Kira lost the struggle because the humans had taken Melissa's side in the struggle, and because of this the laws became final. During the struggle to stop the laws, Kira had met Seth in the only time Day and Night meet, they quickly became friends and even political buddies, Seth had disapproved of Kira's position, but had to agree that the laws would cause Vampire's hunting abilities to dull, even tho the political strife had take a toll on there friendship. They remain friends to even this date since there first meeting.

Hahahaha. Ahahaha. No.

Seth is loyal to House Melissa. He is an activist for human and mythological creature rights. He feels law is the only thing separating man/creature from animals that lack rational thoughts, and thus should be respected. He is against everything House Nemeis stands for, and thus will be taking action against her as soon as the SB starts. I mentioned this before you posted your profile, and mentioned it again to you a few minutes ago, but hey. I ask you kindly edit your profile, as I'm certainly not modifying mine, as your act in of itself is godmodding (viz, the modification of another's character or forcing them to act out of character). Please and thank you!

I won't even mention everything else you told me Kira would be doing, I'll let you have the honors.

I hate to be this one, but it had to be done.
vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:59 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Loyal- I think you'll find that you aren't actually Queen of the Vampires, but leader of one of the several covens in Gatiss! Each of them has an equally charismatic leader and each has different views.

However, Italian brings up an interesting point- guys, don't use other people's characters without checking with them first- it's called godmodding and I don't like it! LH, since Italian has disagreed about your use of Seth, I hope you can understand why you should change your profile accordingly. To be fair, Italian and I had already discussed Seth and his feelings about the whole thing- and his position with House Melissa (a friendly but casual link, I think it's fair to say) so I actually thought Seth was double-crossing me and I was not best pleased... xD

Alvarin- if you and Veeren don't work something out (it's totally cool if you do!) it'd be cool if you protected Liam- Sarah's Mate. He's an oblivious human and a really good guy. But if you guys want a partnership this is so totally okay and wonderful with me!

Aria- great profile and I'm glad you decided to join :) We are short on werewolves so I hope that through Cristina you will use Alexander to further some of the plot points. I'd like if he was a member of the pack that originally find Louise so we can see some of their PoVs. As for the Whitelighters in general, I don't know. What are your main motives, how can we cause conflict with people given powers just because they're good people?

I'm also considering making Melissa a secondary character of my own, but I thought I'd discuss it with the group. Would you prefer I controlled her, or that she was an NPC that we could all post for? Alternatively I could make a profile for her and whenever anyone feels like they can clear it here and then post for her? She's turning out to be a much more major character than I thought and she definitely needs input to the SB!

As far as her politics go, I was thinking that Melissa's values would run thusly:

1. She values human life above all, and is completely against killing and death. A lot of people will disagree with her on this, a lot will agree. That might help decide your character's position on House Melissa.
2. She disagrees with Phoenix and the Council over one thing- she wants the supernaturals to come out in the open. It's a radical and some would say foolish view, and it loses her respect from some quarters, but there is growing support for her views.

What do you guys think? And what do you think about the politics of Gatiss and how it might affect your characters or the characters of other players? Ideas, people, give me ideas!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

184 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:34 am
View Likes
veeren says...

I think it would be great if you took control of Melissa. It would probably be less confusing (at least for me xD) to see her being used through the point of view of one person and not from everyone.

As for the politics, I think they make great conflict. You know, monsters fighting for equality isn't something you see everyday xP The different alliances definitely help, too. It's like they're different political parties.

And yes, me and Alvarin have totally struck gold with our characters ;)
-Plato's Symposium

117 Reviews

Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:03 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

StellaThomas wrote:Aria- great profile and I'm glad you decided to join :) We are short on werewolves so I hope that through Cristina you will use Alexander to further some of the plot points. I'd like if he was a member of the pack that originally find Louise so we can see some of their PoVs. As for the Whitelighters in general, I don't know. What are your main motives, how can we cause conflict with people given powers just because they're good people?

Thanks, and I surely will - I made them with that intention. Fine with me, it's the same pack that attacked Louise - that makes them pretty much everyone's enemies, lol

As for the god modding thing, and while on the pack. I said it before, but I'm saying it again, just to avoid confusion. I'm totally fine with any of you using the pack members, before or after I write about them and in any way you wish. You can hunt them, imprison them, give them names, imagine their appearances, even kill them if needed, but be considerate. It can't happen that someone rushes in and just kills them all - the fact that I'm allowing it does not mean it's so easy. Nor that I won't come up with revenge i the next posts.

Normally I suppose I wouldn't allow it at all, but I see they are an important part of the plot and I'm afraid that asking my permission every time someone encounters them would just make it all slow and problematic. Don't touch Alexander or Cristina without talking to me first, though. Even though I'm fine with interactions in posts, I would like to (at least in the beginning) see how m character will be portrayed it other people's posts. Thank you, and I will do the same when including other characters in my posts as well.

The Whitelighters in general.. Well, I don't know what Alvarin thinks about it, but I can imagine them being important part of the plot. I'll talk about Cristina, as she's the one I know of. She's a guardian and a protector, interested in the world around her and all that. Her motives may not be grand in the beginning, but she wants to fulfill her quest and lead Alexander through his life, until he dies. As he's a member of the werewolf pack, I imagine she will get in conflicts with the vampires and normal humans quite often. I will also make her interact with other characters a lot, as that's how I imagined her - she once was in alliance with vampires as well, so she probably shouldn't be the primal target for them, by the way. She agrees, as far as I understand, with Seth's ideas, but she isn't the one to go and talk about that publicly - she will take a side and maybe act behind the scenes, but really she will only do what's the best for Alexander (even if that means betray her allies). Also I will make her troubled with the past and the whole thing, so there will be material to use if you want to interact with her :mrgreen:

They are good people and good characters, and they protect, but they have the power to fight if needed, and they will if the one they're protecting is threatened. You can have all the conflicts you would have with normal humans, and also there will certainly be conflicts if you turn against the protected ones. They are also looking to make their subjects good people, so one could try to corrupt the protege if they want to mess with the protector, as well :smt001

That turned up longer than I expected. As for Louise, I think it would be good if you make her your POV character, though I'm also fine with the idea of having her profile up so everyone can use her as their npc. You could put the first chapter featuring her as a POV charrie, and then later we could just take over and move her around. That would require a lot of talking and agreeing, though.. I can do it, and I know some others can as well (those I've been SBing and talking with before, mostly), but if the story of godmodding continues, I won't be so sure it would be a good idea after all.. so that works for me if it works for everyone, huh
- they/them -

I would like to be the air that inhabits you for a moment only. I would like to be that unnoticed and that necessary.
— Margaret Atwood