z

Young Writers Society

Academy Redux! DT

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:40 pm
Nutty says...

Dreamy- approved (thanks for agreeing, it shall be interesting...)
gspp- Approved (though you knew that...)
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:19 am
cheeb says...

Yay for approvals!

Ok, B-block is now open.
Orelia's dorm: B4.
Samantha's dorm: B5.

(Though depending how many applicants we get later, I may rearrange B-block to bunch people together. >.>)
the user formerly known as chibibo

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:52 pm
Kale says...

Name: Corda

Ancestor(s): Veran from Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons

Home: Labrynna

Alliance: Neutral with Evil leanings

Appearance: Quite tall and slender with pale teal skin and orange hair and eyes. She typically wears a plain, form-fitting dress of flowing silk with a matching capelet.

Personality: "Beware the quiet ones" quite aptly describes Corda. She is usually reserved and keeps to herself, watching for an opportunity to make some mischief. Although not intentionally malicious, Corda can get a bit carried away with her schemes. If you manage to befriend her, you'll find Corda to be quite opinionated, playful, and loyal to her heart.

Abilities:
Level 0: summons small creatures (snakes and insects) to do her bidding
Level 1: slight increase in spellcasting ability
Level 2: can alter parts of her appearance (partial transformation)
Level 3: can usually persuade others to listen, if not consider her proposals
Level 4: moderate increase in spellcasting ability
Level 5: can influence others to do her bidding
Level 6: complete transformation into fairy, snake, cockroach, or scorpion
Level 7: can slightly alter the flow of time
Level 8: complete possession of one person, and the ability to switch between people
Level 9: dramatic increase in spellcasting ability
Level 10: can temporarily stop time

Item(s): Corda keeps a collection of Mystery Seeds, which she can often be found studying in her spare time.

Sylvester, an eyelash viper, who still has his venom glands intact. Like all eyelash vipers, he tends to be more than a bit moody. Sylvester is more a pet than a familiar (though I suppose he could become a familiar later on).

Classes:
Anti-Villainy Counseling
Public Relations
Transformation
Spellcasting
Handling of Magical Objects
Sparring

Other: Corda is terrified of spiders. Even the smallest of spiders is enough to send her fleeing in terror.
Last edited by Kale on Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

53 Reviews

Sun Apr 11, 2010 6:12 pm
cheeb says...

HOLY CRAP A STORYBOOK.

(This, of course, marks the start of O-Week. In five days from now, enrolments will close.)

53 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:51 am
cheeb says...

Yay enthusiasm!

First things first, Kyllorac, you are like SOOOOO approved. Your/Corda's dorm (for now) is B2.

I'm really happy so far with the posts overall, they've been funny and inclusive of other players. :) But I wonder if Dreamy's and Kineta's could be a little longer? (Don't worry, I know it's not always easy to think of content, I've done the very short post thing in my early days. But remember we're aiming for around 200 words in this SB. ^^)

Another general reminder, everyone: Classes haven't started yet. XD This week is just for characters to get to know each other, and get used to life at the Academy. At the end of O-Week I'll post the timetable I've made up, and we can start learning and meeting teachers and stuff. So it pains me terribly to ask this, but could a couple of people who've mentioned classes make a tiny tiny edit in their posts? Actually, never mind that. I'll figure out something to post. XD

(I'm real sorry, I don't blame you guys at all. ^^ I know there's a huge heap of rules and stuff to remember for this SB. But that's just because I want us all to enjoy it to the max! :D)
Last edited by cheeb on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:17 am
Nutty says...

Hey guys, from now on, put an approx time on the head of your post with your name, so we can figure out the order of events. Don't worry about editing old posts, but if we could do it from now on it would be awesome =D

For example:

Kumo (3.45pm, sparring class)

=D
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:19 pm
Octave says...

Kyllorac, I have brought Corda in. :) If you didn't get my post, Corda summoned the snake Bart tripped on.
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

1220 Reviews

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:45 pm
Kale says...

My goodness you people posted a lot. XD So much reading to catch up on. @_@ This is what I get for being stuck in class all day. XP
WRFF | KotGR

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:36 am
Aet Lindling says...

That's a reference pic for why Gratian got confused here:
post688450.html#p688450

I assume this room layout is fine, but if anyone thinks it should be changed, do point it out.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

53 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:50 am
cheeb says...

Dreamy> Is the unconscious girl in your post meant to be gsppcrock10's character? 'Cause she's at the cafeteria with Apple'a and my characters. :P

(If it's just meant to be some random student, ignore me. ^^)

1220 Reviews

Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:31 am
Kale says...

Symptoms of a pit viper's bite can be found here.
WRFF | KotGR

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:04 pm
Lumi says...

Name: Alexis "Maelstrom" Pyreta

Ancestor(s): Kharst (no last name) from Golden Sun

Home: Prox (generally like, Canada >.>)

Alliance: Evil

Appearance: Pale white skin with thin, dark lips. Her eyes are a brilliant emerald green and her hair is the color of wild fire. She's always wearing tight clothes, usually black, and adores black fingerless gloves. She wears a dark purple lipstick close to black and is never found without her 'throny' steel bracelet and necklace.

Personality: Alex is a flirt from beginning to end. She almost considers it a power of hers to seduce boys. She's witty and hot-headed and never withholds the truth, especially when it hurts. She has no preference whether she has many or no friends, but she prefers the confidence of having a boyfriend. (particularly one she stole from someone else) Rumor has it that her kiss is like the thrill of a lightning strike, and that her voice is as hot as the summer sun.

On the flip side, Alexis is schizophrenic. Her inner voice (she named her Ardea) nudges her in one direction or another, most often in the direction Alex wants to go in the least.

Abilities:

Level 0: Alex can conjure up small fireballs (about the size of her palm) and toss them just like a baseball. Skill name: "Pyrosphere"

Level 1: She can now project a carefully-aimed beam of heat energy from either her pointer finger or hand, depending on the magnitude of the attack. Skill name: "Liquefy"

Level 2: At this level, she gains a boost to potential attack-rate, as well as a slight reduction in energy consumption. This reduction continues to build with each successive level.

Level 3: Alex may concentrate and manipulate the heat around herself to refract light around her. This enables a stealth to the eyes, but to anyone feeling the change in temperature, her presence may be suspected. Due to high concentration tolls, this technique may not be used in combat and movement is highly limited. Skill name: "Mirage"

Level 4: After practice and mastery over "Pyrosphere," Alex gains an increased ability to create them: simultaneously. This new combination ability pummels opponents with a swift barrage. Skill name: "Rockets" | "Liquefy" also gains an alternate form using a power also part of her heritage, the 'Dark Flame.' This power is called "Tainted Blaze"

Level 5: At this stage, she has learned a few defensive maneuvers. Her newest ability creates a shield of flames in front of her for a few seconds, vaporizing most attacks. This skill may burn out if used in succession, and is useless against water-based attacks. Stronger substances such as steel and materials with high melting points may pierce the shield, though with a lowered offensive power. Skill name: "Firewall"

Level 6: Alex has been paying attention to her surroundings, and at this level, she finds a new inate connection with nature: She may concentrate to absorb the heat from her surrounding atmosphere, increasing her offensive ability as well as instilling recoil damage to any melee attack coming her way for a short while. This ability reduces her speed, however, and the increased heat in her body will burn her energy more quickly than before. Skill name: "Incursion"

Level 7: Upon reaching this level, Alex has mastered her basic abilities. Her skill to make fireballs has become a second nature to her, and the quantity and power packed behind each fireball has grown by quite a bit. By taking a moment to focus, Alex produces hundreds of hovering fireballs in the space around her enemy. They are all stationary, but if one is touched, a chain reaction will set off each fiery bomb in an enormous explosion. If she is not careful, Alex may be caught up in the detonation as well, so it is wisely handled from a distance. Skill name: "Mine Field"

Level 8: Her continuation in mastering her wild abilities has enabled her to control 'Mirage' with much grace and much less concentration. She may now use mirage during combat, though the invisibility's effect is reduced and creates a translucent form of herself. Also, her "Liquefy" ability has sped up and may be used up to three to four times in rapid succession. Her new skill is called "Starshower"

Level 9: After her time in the academy, Alex has trained herself under the most rigorous circumstances. By this point, her speed has greatly increased, and her defensive intuition has sharpened itself. Her previous "Firewall" ability is a bit stronger now, and, if timed correctly, may reflect an attack in a fiery form. A more offensive version of "Firewall" is now in her arsenal, and is used to encompass her enemy in a scorching ring of fire. The ring is not very tall, and is not very effective against flying foes, but to those grounded by heavy armor and high weight, the restrictive power may prove devastating. Skill name: "Purgatory"

Level 10: Alex has trained night and day to master her skills, and she finally has a finely-tuned understanding of her heritage. She may now increase the atmospheric pressure and temperature around her in a 10-feet circle. Her ultimate skill may only be cast when temperatures around her exceed 130 degrees. However, the skill is a violent and harsh assault known as "Megiddo." Under the right circumstances, she may detonate the heated oxygen molecules around her by a great distance. Though devastating and powerful, Megiddo blasts back on Alex just as hard as her opponent and is unavoidable by her own speed.

Item(s): Elemental Necklace-- This relic holds in it an eternal flame said to be passed down from generations ago. The holder of the necklace is granted higher speed and endurance than others, and is considered a contact point with the departed spirits of the Mars Clan.

Classes:
Anti-Villainy Counseling
Care for Familiars
Spellcasting

Familiar:
Alex is quite fond of her pet hawk, Silas. Silas is called a Wonder Bird in Prox and is innate with creating heat with his wings. His most reliable ability is to power up Alex by a Fire Dance, in which he flies in an ornate pattern, releasing flames around him.

Other: Alex is an internet junkie. She's always listening to her iPod (her library is 4000+ songs). She won't mind being in love, but she doesn't believe in lasting love. Just affection.

Last edited by Lumi on Sun May 16, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

53 Reviews

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:45 pm
cheeb says...

Lumierre, dorm room is B1.

And I hate to ask this, but Dreamy, your last post is a little short. If you're having trouble inserting yourself into the other characters' plots, try posting in the DT; I expect some of the other evil-type characters will want to get to know Orelia, and you could figure something out by discussing it with other authors; that is what the thread's here for. :) Do you think you could edit any more length into your recent post?

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:50 pm
ToritheMonster says...

yeah, I'm sorry.... I just haven't really found any characters who seem to be compatible with Ordelia, and everyone seems to be in some sort of scramble... with a snake and a chicken? I was confused... anyway, I'll try to make my posts longer in the future. *promises*. Could someone perchance walk around the corner? I could get in some interaction there.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

1220 Reviews

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:57 am
Kale says...

Fear my monster post! Rawr!
WRFF | KotGR

Someday, everything is going to go right for you, and it will be so wonderful you won't even know what to do.
— Hannelore Ellicott-Chatham, Questionable Content