z

Young Writers Society

GT Plot Discussion

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:44 pm
Fand says...

Seems I didn't make myself clear enough, lol. Fantasy--I wasn't targeting you, honestly, and from what I hear your character will add to the storybook. I just saw the opportunity (and took it) to warn some of those writers who tend to use basically the same (cliched) character in multiple RPGs, and add little to each; it was intended as anything against you, honest! I'm sorry if you took it that way. :(

And as for the storyline--what I meant is, we have a direction in mind for the storybook to take; I didn't mean that it's written in stone or anything. Far from that. Hell, JiN changed direction quite a few times.
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:02 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

A major complaint from the last story was that members didn't have enough input in the plot, which is why this is here in the first place. Not every little thing is going to be planned because character interactions are not going to be planned here.

It is a role play story and I'm wary of it as well. Still, if more people are involved in the plot process, that may make this a better story.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:05 pm
Ego says...

We're not trying to plan everything, by any means--we're just trying to plan ahead, mostly. So we know what'll happen, and have a basic goal to work to. If we know the objective is East, we know that the characters will likely take the East road to get there, rather than the West one that leads into the creepy forest.

We usually retain the ability to remain spontaneous, but if people just rush in randomly and say "ZOMG LOOK A DRAGON!" then it just throws off the whole groove of the story...ya know?

The idea that AWF mentioned was that playing off the imprisonment idea...what if one or more of the characters was imprisoned, and then AWF's character, in addition to whoever else has a new character, are already inmates there. Then they find something in common--a common friend, a common hometown, whatever. Together, they plot a break. Coincidentally, the others of the group, who have managed to get back together, are in the process of busting them out in the first place. I like the prison idea--seems like as good a place as any to pick up new people that owe you something, or at least need someone to travel with.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

Random avatar

Reviews: 82
Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:01 pm
misspriss says...

Wow! We have some great ideas here! I can tell you all have been BRAINSTORMING!

Anyway, I DEFINITLY like the saving the slaves idea, and I believe that will allow...mmm...probably at least three people to join that way.

In fact, if we keep that idea, that may be how my character join JiN the 2nd. :)

Als, Griffin, can Carmenia die? *looks up with pleading eyes* Please? I'm just DYING to have her die. Though I'm not sure why...perhaps it is because there are two other romantic interests in the story and at least one needs to end in a *tragic* way.

Okay, okay. Yes. Just so EVERYONE knows...I AM ROMANTIC. Yes. Very. *sighs* Phew, it's good to have that cleared up. :P

Alright...*waves hand in dismissal*...I have had my say for the time being, you may carry on. :D

576 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:03 pm
Ego says...

I like it--she could be killed in the final battle with the High Priest, no?
Got YWS? I do.

Random avatar

Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:05 pm
misspriss says...

*misspriss flashes Hunter a smile* Yep, or something like that!

863 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:25 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

I was thinking about a title for the storybook.

The title I came up with was "The Greatest Treasure."

This has a lot of strong points to it.

1. It has an easy acronym. GT is very easy, like JIN and 4T before it.

2. It connects Four Treasures to this sequel, since this sequel is really the wrapping up of events that started in 4T. (That is, the restoration of the weave.)

3. The name can have multiple meanings for all the characters. For some, it will mean the Wizards Tome, but it could also mean friends, money, love, etc.

That's the criteria I was looking at, but I'd like some other options on the table before we select a name.

Random avatar

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:53 pm
View Likes
misspriss says...

Here are some more that I got using a spoof off of Grif's title.

1. The Priceless Valuables

2. The Precious Items

3. The Worthy Objects

4. The Invaluable Wealth

~~~~~~

Mix and match, swap and switch, move and remove, do whatever you need. I know it’s not very creative, but then, my creative juices aren’t really flowing anyway. :)

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:38 pm
Jennafina says...

They all sound like a self help book title. >_< Also, what connection does 4T have with JIN? It would be weird if two were connected and one not.

An Invaluable Wealth I kind of like, but AIW is hard to say.

I'd be fine with any title really, just the ones so far aren't my favorites. If everyone else likes them, I won't complain. Any more than I am now, that is. ;)
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:13 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I would like to have General Harris go rogue and attack the group.

The reasons are simple: it would help out a plot idea I had for Alden and it would shatter the group from JIN, or at least cause the separation.

The group needs to be separated, otherwise they would be able to regroup and become strong. To make them weak, we need to divide and conquer. Being captured by Harris could be just as good as the slave plot line, and for all we know, Harris would sell them individually into slavery, assuming she captures them all.

I don't think they would all be captured. It is more likely that some of the stronger warriors, would act as a rear guard and captured, allowing the others to escape. The escaping group could become lost or disoriented during the flight, or maybe they separate to draw off their pursuers.

The enemy attack would provide for this well enough. It would also be helpful to me.

My idea for Alden is this: Alden is going to have a miracle happen to him. He is going to get a divine vision and when he wakes up, he'll be miraculously healed from what ought to have been a fatal wound, so healed that no mark is left from the injury.

In return for this, I want to have their be severe consequences for this miracle.

The only one that actually sees Alden die would be Seraph. Valin is knocked out at the time. By the time the group comes around, there is no sign of Alden having died. It could be that his feathers absorbed the blood, or that the dirt the blood was on was blown aside when the Wyvern left. Or maybe the group doesn't look hard enough.

But what if the group was suddenly attacked?

It would be very hard for a thorough investigation to happen. It would also explain how Valin is captured: he is still unconscious when the enemy troops get to him. If Valin is awake, he'd probably fight to the death, which is inconvenient for the sequel.

Now, this is where things get interesting. The group needs Alden at this moment. They need all their strongest fighters, and only a few are left. Seraph is gone, Valin is down, and Alden is also gone.

The group knows that Alden is close with General Harris and Seraph. They also know that shortly after Alden arrived, they were attacked by Harris's men. They also know that neither Alden or Seraph were seen after the attack commenced.

The logical conclusion would be that it wasn't just Seraph that betrayed the group, but Alden as well.

They could say that Alden sold the group out to Harris, in return for a pat on the beak and a promotion to work with Harris on her new country.

When Alden finally tracks down the group, they confront him with this and accuse him of trying to get close so he can betray them again. He tells them his story and when they ask him to show them the war wound, he'll have nothing to show.

Alden will somehow be spared from execution, but I'm salivating to find out how.

Both of these ideas are meant to divide the group up to the point where they don't trust each other, so that the group doesn't only have to the Tome, but they need to actually trust each other.

Thoughts?

576 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:22 am
Ego says...

Jenna--4T was the prequel to JiN. Seraph and Valin are both from 4T, and Alden is connected to it, as well. The Priesthood was the main enemy in 4T, and the climactic battle in 4T caused the destruction of the Weave.

Grif--I, for one, see no reason why some divine intervention should have the consequences you put forth. I actually prefer the group finding the bloodstains on the ground, and maybe a few loose feathers. It makes it obvious that Seraph was the traitor, and obvious that Alden was injured. Valin's confirmation of it wopuld be even more proof.

Personally, I think Valin would be one to save his own skin--vanish into the night without a trace, while the more brash fighters, and those less adept at stealth (Adrian, Cyrus, Becky, etc) would be captured. This is just me, of course.
Got YWS? I do.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:23 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I don't know, if Seraph kills Alden suddenly, there wouldn't be much sign of a struggle.

Valin would be enough to convict Seraph of being a traitor. I just want to cast suspicion on Alden, for no other purpose than to shake things up. It would be boring if the group trusts each other implicitly. For no other reason than to change the group dynamic.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:29 am
sabradan says...

Yeah, Valin going back to his mercenary roots. But I mean, he would also probably fight to the death too, though. And he is unconcious for this, so when would this happen?

I like the idea of weakening a group, but I don't htink it should all be completely destroyed. I think while some should trust no one, there should be a couple going around in small cliques that trust each other more than others, or something.

Two things I want to see happen during this sequel: 1. Valin progressed from Rogue/Prince in Exile, to King and 2. A love interest.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

576 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:38 am
Ego says...

I assume you mean VALIN having a love interest.

The idea is that Valin would regain consciousness shortly after Seraph leaves, and the party would find him as he's recovering. The ambush would take place directly after he reveals Seraph as a traitor. He wouldn't know whether or not Alden was in on it. Perhaps he fins a feather or two, some gryphon tracks, and evidence that the gryphon landed there, and assume the two were in cahoots, and Alden gave Seraph a ride out of there.

Would that work?
Got YWS? I do.

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:27 pm
sabradan says...

wait, what, I'm still a little confused. How would that lead to him wandering off into the night all his own.

And yes, its for Valin. I thought that was implicit.
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

it's ok, death by laughter was always how i've wanted to go out
— Carina