Reviews: 54
Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:44 am
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

Lemme take that ranger spot boi.

I've been practicing my quickscoping
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:50 am
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Welcome welcome!!! So that's 1 Ranger for @Basil, 1 Mage for @Poopsie, and 1 Ranger for @15253... Welcome all!
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:56 am
View Likes

Okay guys! So now that this SB is basically full (I still have a Healer spot that needs filling), I will start giving information on the Towers and their sources of Power (known as Stones, yet many of them are far from a stone)

Anyway, the Towers, to which I refer in future as Earth Bones (EB), are structures or things that are essentially "holding up the sky", by which I mean all of the creation is being sustained by them.

Each Earth Bone has extreme power, and have been known to literally shape the land around them (the Green Towers, yes plural, but I'll explain that momentarily, literally caused Valenwood to change overnight from a large grassland to a sprawling rainforest) They all usually also control a major part of creation, and, if a mortal could control an EB's Stone, they can control that aspect of the world around them.

Now I will follow with a list of all the known EBs and their Stones, as well as two rumored Towers... I will also add their locations and controlled aspect. Those we need to save are in bold

Spoiler! :
The Adamantine Tower (known as the Direnni Tower)- High Rock- Space- it is the oldest structure in Nirn, and was build by the gods themselves when they still roamed the earth. From here they created the world, and stored a large amount of their power in the Zero Stone, which is locked in a deep vault in the tower. It is impossibly tall, but has only one place of entrance: a door which has never opened (it has a lock of 31 circular rings which turn in different directions and speeds, and have never reached a point to unlock the door)

The Crystal Tower- Summerset Isles- All Magic- This was built by the ancient Aldmer to honor the Direnni Tower, and is said to have been the place where magic was first used by mortals. The tower has bern destroyed in the physical plane an era ago, but still remains in the magical planes. Its Stone is said to have been a person, whom is believed to be immortal.

The Red Tower- Morrowind- Fire and the seasons- The Red Tower is not actually a Tower, but in fact the biggest volcano in Nirn, known as Vvardenfell (or the Red Mountain) It was made defunct when its Stone, known as the Heart of Lorkhan was destroyed to ensure that the Tribunal could be stopped from growing too powerful.

The Brass Tower- Hammerfell- Time- this Tower was technically a colossal automaton created by the Dwarves. They had attempted to create their own technological god, and had created a core of extreme power by tapping into the Heart of Lorkhan when still existed. This core, and the Tower, were both destroyed in an event known as the Warp in the West, when several rulers tried to control the Tower to their will.

The White-Gold Tower- Cyrodiil- Knowledge- This is a Tower built in the Imperial city, also to mirror the Direnni Tower (but it is white were the Direnni is black). The Tower was made defunct when its Stone, the Amulet of Kings, was sacrificed to the chief deity to save Tamriel from Mehrunes Dagon, a Daedric Prince who sought to enter Tamriel in his true form.

The Green Tower- Valenwood- Life- The Green Tower is in actual fact a large tree that was grown with the extreme power of a god's tears. There was initially dozens of Green Towers, all of the them individual and united at once. Each Tower also had their own song of their end, but since they were all one, these different endings would never come to pass. However, two eras ago, a crazed mage attempted to control one of the trees, and in turn changed all of the trees, making their ending definite. Now the time has come to ensure that ending is not now.

The Snow Tower- Skyrim- Wind, Cold and Earth- The Snow Tower was the largest mountain in Tamriel, the Throat of the World. Its Stone was a cave, over which the Greybeards had built the temple of High Hrothgar, to protect it. When the Revenant destroyed the temple, they in turn destroyed the cave and made the Tower defunct.

The Orchicalc Tower- The isle of Yokuda- Thought, Emotion and War- This is a mysterious Tower on the distant isle of Yokuda. Its Stone is said to be a sword, which can control other people's thoughts and emotions when wielded by a mortal.

(the following two are but rumors, yet we should still investigate them to ensure their safety)

The Moss Tower- rumored to be in Black Marsh- Water and the oceans- This Tower has never been seen by those other than a few Argonians, and many doubt its existence. Its Stone is said to be a tree in the Tower.

The Moon Tower- rumored to be in Elsweyr- Light (and darkness)- another Tower only heard of in ancient Khajiiti tales. Whether it exists or existed is also doubted by many skeptics. Its Stone is said to be a ring.

So this is just to bring you all up to date on the Towers. We'll start our adventure in Anvil so that we can catch a ship to Summerset. So now you can all know with which Tower we're starting. ;-) Any questions? Don't hesitate to ask!
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:24 am
View Likes
Basil says...

I'm super excited to start this :D
Dorian, are you the one adding all the spices to our food?
Of course I am.
Why?
Because frankly the food here tastes like poorly cooked sawdust. It genuinely tastes how Solas looks.

62 Reviews

Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:59 am
View Likes

@cerulean, if you are still interested, there is still a Healer slot available.

Also, as a note to @AstralHunter, @15253 and @TheForgottenKing, I shall be posting the first post on the 1st of February, so please submit your profiles before then. Thanks! :D
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

62 Reviews

Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:01 am

@Caerulean, sorry (damnable autocorrect ;-) )
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

54 Reviews

Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:10 pm
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

Yeah. My cp got deleted yesterday because the internet at my house is mentally deficient. I will have it by this afternoon or tmrw
Last edited by StupidSoup on Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

62 Reviews

Sun Jan 24, 2016 8:38 pm

No problem @15253, I know that situation all too well. You still have enough time ;-)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:38 am
View Likes
Caerulean says...

@TheIllusiveIntellect Sorry I haven't been checking back and it's most likely that I will not have time for an SB. And I'm still not feeling safe with the lore, but:

Is Malacath going to involve his orcs in this less than noble world domination scheme? Who/What are generally the members of this Revenant?
“(...) and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf, The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

62 Reviews

Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:48 am
View Likes

Okay, so this is a basic scheme of the Revenant and what each of them essentially want:

-Peryite- he is in charge of the whole operation (after all, he is the Daedric Prince of order when Jyggalag isn't around), he got his Afflicted, people "blessed" by him to spread plague and illness across the world, to join the Revenant just because.
-Clavicus Vile- he is the spokesperson for the Revenant, making deals and promises to grow their numbers. He got the Aldmeri Dominion and the vampire bloodclans of the Iliac Bay to join their army.
-Malacath- you seem to be thinking the DPs are saints who would never try anything evil. They are not. Malacath is not considered one of the four corners of Evil in Dunmer culture because he picks flowers. He is a cruel and heartless Prince, essentially ignoring the Blood Oath Boethiah had him make.
His orcs are also far from noble. They serve their Code of Malacath wholeheartedly yes, but only amongst other orcs (I mean, one of their codes is not to kill an innocent, but they have over 70 exceptions when not to follow this code)
They are also shunned by other races, especially Redguards and Bretons, so obviously they'd be seeking revenge. Also, by going along with this war, the orcs plan on reuniting themselves with Malacath (and who doesn't want to meet their god...)
Other than them, all exiled, banished or downtrodden individuals (like beggars, lepers, etc) also joined the ranks of Revenant.

@Caerulean, I am a student of the lore (and when I say that, I don't mean I am just interested in it; I am literally studying it every chance I get) I planned this idea for weeks, checking all available sources to see whether it would adhere to the lore (obviously the Moon and Moss Towers are fictional, but that can be allowed, as Bethesda may still add Towers in those provinces once they start working on those provinces.
Also, although these three Princes aren't necessarily allies, they don't despise one another either, so they would consider working together (for now...)

But I glad I found another person who cares for the lore as much as I do. If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me or catch me in chat one day... ;-)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:20 am
View Likes
Caerulean says...

@TheIllusiveIntellect

Hello again. I am not questioning your knowledge of the lore. I myself do not know much, but I am concerned with lore-breaks. I am just asking questions because some things are obscure to me. I know that most, if not all, of the Daedric Princes are considered evil by mortal standards, but I do know that they are mostly prideful, including Malacath, and they do as they are.

I did a quick Googling and what I found is that Malacath is allied with Mephala and she is enemies with Peryite. What is your stand on this? Anyway, I've no question on Peryite's position is this SB. I've 90%+ rested my case with Clavicus Vile here, but I'm still unsure with Malacath here, and his Orcs who have long settled independently from society now seeks... uh, 'World Domination'? A less global/international plot to take revenge on those who have wronged them would seem more logical. *shrug*

About beggars and lepers, isn't Namira their patron (although she doesn't seem to be taking an inclusive hold of followers)? What is her stand on this, and what is Molag Bal's stand on the vampires if any? Generally, what is the stand of the other Daedric Princes on this grand scheme which is already taking place?

Sorry, I've too many questions. xD
“(...) and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.” - Gandalf, The Lord Of The Rings: The Fellowship Of The Ring

62 Reviews

Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:57 am
View Likes

Hey @Caerulean, I'm always glad to talk lore, so no problem.

1) I know about the Mephala-Malacath alliance, and I already have that all planned out (let's just say Mephala and a few other DPs will form a coalition to stop these three, with her in charge... No further comments :P )
2) Although beggars count in Namira's realm, her, Peryite and Malacath's hold on them is basically interlinked, different from beggar to beggar. She is also in the coalition.
3) Malog Bal created the vampires, and played a large role in their foundation in the Illiac Bay, but they are mostly unassociated with any specific Daedra. They are essentially drawn to the one offering them the most of what each of them wants (whatever that might be)
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror

Proudly [They/Them]

54 Reviews

Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:22 pm
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

If the cp isn't done today you may shoot me

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:23 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@15253, I just experienced the same thing. My CP was very nearly complete, but now *poof* it's gone. -_-

@TheIllusiveIntellect, I suppose that means it will be short-ish after all.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

62 Reviews

Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:41 pm
Poopsie says...

Dgdfhdhdtzhfufgsvxhcjhsdjhxjxhgzyfzt

Bump .3.
The Poopsiest.

JOIN THE RABBIT SQUAD TODAY

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

I am 100 Percent Garbage
USED TO BE VERSER
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What really knocks me out is a book that, when you're all done reading it, you wish the author that wrote it was a terrific friend of yours and you could call him up on the phone whenever you felt like it. That doesn't happen much, though.
— J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye