z

Young Writers Society

What the Emperor Doesn't Know DT

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:48 pm
gleek456 says...

Oh wow. Just planning this is giving me shivers. :) Kaya is definitely tagging along to save the captured! To etch over Papa L, save them, and I get to write her sword skills. :) Excited!
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:14 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Ah, okay so I'm back after being ridiculously busy. It's good to see my last post was rather ignored, because it was really terrible xD I wrote it when I had a fever.

Maura'd be in for rescuing Rein, and could be convinced to care about other captives if it was a part of rescuing Rein. Although, there is the possibility that if someone on the emperors side offers her an opportunity that would increase her circumstances then she would likely take it.

Especially if she could bargain for Rein's life.
Got YWS?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:24 pm
Lumi says...

Lauren2010 wrote:Ah, okay so I'm back after being ridiculously busy. It's good to see my last post was rather ignored, because it was really terrible xD I wrote it when I had a fever.

Maura'd be in for rescuing Rein, and could be convinced to care about other captives if it was a part of rescuing Rein. Although, there is the possibility that if someone on the emperors side offers her an opportunity that would increase her circumstances then she would likely take it.

Especially if she could bargain for Rein's life.

I'm sorry about that last post. xD I tried at least a dozen times to come up with something that would be legitimately good filler for Maura and Rein, but I failed. At least a dozen times! I figure we can fill in that blank in a little bit of dialogue later on, yeah? Makes for good storytelling, anyway. Oooh, flashback to a part of the current story we didn't get to see! This will be good ooooh!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:58 pm
ScarlettFire says...

Okay. So Princey is being stubborn. *prods* I know what I want to do for his scene.....but he's gone silent. *sighs* Meanwhile, I really wouldn't mind seeing this whole Darren-captures-Lou scene. x.x

And now, I shall go back to trying to write a Princey!post.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:28 pm
DSF6647 says...

I will post I promise. I opened at work and should be home by 3. And I swear I will post then. School has started so between working full time and going to school full time... My time is very... Well I m trying to make time :)

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:31 am
PrincessOfDarkness says...

O.O Kestral really shouldn't have said that to Darren. She is in big trouble. XD

And I made myself promise I wouldn't be evil to my characters. :L

Where is Skins? I've kind of lost him. (:
Signature Pending

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:02 am
ScarlettFire says...

Darren wasn't the one holding the horn. That's Garret, Darren's soldier. But you're right. Darren did start it all.

Okay. Now, where have my character's gone? *goes off to find them*

42 Reviews

Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:05 pm

Oops. Sorry. DX how else can I make y'all realise it's Darren?

The person Kes yelled at was Darren, guys.

Sorted (:
Signature Pending

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:58 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

/sneaks in all sneakylike

Name: Blake Ryan
Gender M
For or Against: Against For, I should think! (Totes misread something. For the resistance!)
Rank/Title/Occupation Slave

Appearance: Blake is small. Due to his malnourishment, he weighs significantly less than what's considered healthy. The basics: dark tan, a mop of curly black hair, and dark eyes. He wears whatever clothing is offered him. For now, on the sales rack, he's sporting tan-colored pants and tunic, all ripped up to near shreds. He's also forced into slippers that are hardly worth wearing. Don't be surprised if those slippers miraculously vanish once put out on the rack.

Personality: At such an age, one can hardly blame him for being the rebellious teenager. He has a smart-mouth now and his scowl is almost permanent to his face. He trusts no one and is very skeptical to anyone he meets. He doesn't believe there's such a thing as kindness.

Toward his slavemasters, he's always been the one to get beat or punished. This is mainly due to his developing rebellious nature. He's not afraid to spit at people's feet, jump and claw at them, or backtalk. He knows he'll lose in the end, but one day, they're all going to pay, and he's going to enjoy it.

Arguably, his stubbornness can be a huge strength. He's determined to get the heck out of there. Contrarily, he's extremely independent. His lack of trusts results in not letting anyone, even fellow slaves, help him out. He flies solo -- a scrawny teenager flies solo. But his spirit is strong and he isn't afraid of anything. He openly threatens his slavemasters, authority, and even the Emperor himself -- any foul person he comes across will have to withstand Blake.

So basically, he's a rebellious smart-mouth that doesn't trust anyone. Good luck making friends with him.

Flaws/Weaknesses Well, his distrust is a clear weakness. Besides his mother, he's never met a good person in his life. They're all evil, he believes. And there's no such thing as happiness. No.

Besides that, he is physically weak. He's underfed and mistreated all the time, thus his body is weak. His muscles are worn down and he has scars on his back. Also the bruises on his wrists, ankles, and neck from being traded over and over again.

To build off his stubbornness, his eagerness to get the bad guys off his back is astounding and can screw up anyone's plan if they're not ready to hold him down. He gets into all sorts of trouble, and he's been through it all, so he has no self-control in this regard.

History: (Yes, you have to fill this out, an no, you can not have your character forgetting. What happens before yor character lost his/her memory? At the very least two five-lined paragraphs) Ha! Blake will never forget. His entire family had been slaves. Blake doesn't know why, and he wish he did, but all he knows is that his father was sent off to be a Gladiator when the boy was three. His memories of his dad are mere images, but that doesn't bother him as much as his mother does.

She and Blake have been slaves together for years after, but this is only due to one of the rules: A slave mother must be sold with their child until the child reaches the age of seven. Because of this, they have been traded from slavemaster to slavemaster for a few more years. He still remembers the fear in his mother's eyes, the many nights he heard her crying and screaming, but he was only a boy. His naivity didn't allow him to do more than question what happened, and his naivity prevented his mother from saying anything, even when her belly mysteriously began to gain weight over time.

At seven years old, the slavemaster was more than ready to kick out the stubborn seven-year-old, but Blake refused to leave his only family. The slavemaster had to call for help to get him to the market, ending up knocking the boy out and dropping him off with a careless drop by the market doors. Ever since that day, he had been a an even more ferocious little beast to anyone who laid a hand on him.

By now, at the age of thirteen, Blake has gone through so many slavemasters, the markets are just waiting for him to turn of age for gladiatorship or debating if sending him now would be fine. Blake doesn't care -- in fact, he'd welcome a change in scenery. But he's thirteen, and he'll just keep biting back, keep getting into trouble, and keep angering the slavemasters. He, admittedly, finds a bit of amusement in switching from slavemaster to slavemaster. Since he was separated from his mother, the longest he'd been with a slavemaster was his first one for eleven months. Had to give the guy credit for trying.

Up For Love: loool. Sure, whatever? Good luck. lololol.

Other: While his real name is Blake Ryan, slavemasters don't give a care. They'll change a slave's complete identity to suit their needs. That said, Blake's been given so many nicknames, he doesn't use his name Blake (and his last name might as well be forgotten too). No one knows his first name. No one cares enough to ask. And Blake certainly doesn't care enough to share it.
I make my own policies.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:46 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Okay. I'm a major failure. I deeply apologize for not posting in so long. I'm working on a post for Maura, so once I decide what I want to do with her that'll be up.
Got YWS?

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:53 pm
thatoddkid says...

Ah, me too! I'll have some time now, though. Malik's one to cause trouble, though, and I don't want him to get in the way. Are there any places I should direct him/any things I should have him do?

42 Reviews

Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:52 pm

I can't post until Darren or a soldier does.
Signature Pending

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:38 am
ScarlettFire says...

I'm the same as Princess. Until there's a Darren post, you won't be hearing from Lou or Lili and until Lumi posts as Emperor Boy, there'll be no Princey posts either. *is basically waiting on people to post*

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:41 am
Lumi says...

I'll try to pop one out in the morning for Raijin.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:19 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

Lumi wrote:I'll try to pop one out in the morning for Raijin.

Thank you. ^^ Also, I just beat a "Lady Lumi" in Pokemon Black. >.>

It's all a matter of perspective. Everyone is the hero of their own story, and the villain of another's.
— James