z

Young Writers Society

Star Wars: Rise of the Legion DT

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:40 pm
wakarimasen says...

@Kelpies - In my next post, I think Grin may attempt to steal Anita's "gigantic, ferocious cat". ;) Is that okay with you?

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:10 pm
View Likes
Kelpies says...

Sure, we'll have to meet up somewhere though. I'll leave that piece to you.
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:26 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

@Allisonthewriter I would think that Ro would be surprised and confused by the fact that Erik after knowing her for only a minute is being kind to her and offering to buy her breakfast at the space station cafe. She may question him about it to which Erik would probably reply that she reminded him of someone he knew.

I was thinking that Erik could be like an older brother figure to Ro In fact, they could even be real siblings. Most probably half siblings. Erik doesn't remember his real family, you see.

Since both can use the force, they could bother be captured by the Sith together, or something like that. Maybe Erik could even be hired by Grin to catch the cat, since he's a great shot and an excellent rocket boot flier (and a fair pilot and engineer). Really, you can have fun with the dialogue, and we can really go anywhere from there.

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:04 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

Allison, nice post!
My pronouns are they/them.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

49 Reviews

Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:18 pm
wakarimasen says...

@Reneia, Thanks! :)

@LordZeus, I posted my next chapter - let me know if you need any of the dialogue I wrote between Erik and your other characters changed. I'll admit it looks a little stilted to me now ... I wrote most of it late last night. :P

I like the idea of a brother-sister dynamic, either figuratively or literally. They could always be cousins, too! I don't think Grin is Erik's father - if Ro and Erik are related, it would likely be through Ro's mother's side of the family, which is strong in the Force - but Grin would take a liking to Erik. He's looking to form a larger crew for his ship, and though it takes him a while to trust people, Erik could definitely be a candidate!

I'm still working out the logistics of the great cat kidnapping, but Erik's skills would definitely come in handy!

For the immediate future, I'm thinking that while Ro's working with Erik's team, she discovers she also has that 'little talent.' She's been off her pills for a few hours, so little bits and pieces of Force sensitivity are starting to emerge. Would you be interested in working that into your next post? :)

Oh, and, do you think Ro could get a pair of those rocket boots? :D

49 Reviews

Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:55 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

I made one more update that should set the giant cat subplot in motion. :P

...Would you believe how long it took me to find an article referencing "boomahs"/"boomers" on Wookieepedia?

39 Reviews

Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:46 pm
View Likes
LordZeus says...

@Allisonthewriter I'm glad you like that character relation! I was thinking that Ro's mother met someone before Grin and bore Erik. Then when Ro was very young she took both of them to Coruscant and left Erik there for some reason (still working on that).

By the way, your character conversation is fine! I enjoyed your post, actually :D

Yes, I'll certainly add Ro's use of force to the next post I make! Unfortunately, I'm not sure the rocket boots for Ro are gonna work out, as they are very rare. Erik only got them when he saved the life of the captain of the ship he was serving on (during his seven years in space) along with his two blasters as I mentioned in my post. Though Erik might let Ro try out his pair.

In any case, I think we have a nice little character relationship thing going on here, and it's going to be interesting to write about :D We should talk it over sometime.

44 Reviews

Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:49 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

At some point everyone's going to meet and I just can't wait XD

Also. I think that calling Skye's lightsabers lightsabers doesn't really work because of their length, so I'll probably refer to them as just 'sabers' or as she calls them, "LD-1 and LD-2, because lightdagger sounds dumb." XD so yeah. Skye is a) angsty to write and b) hilarious to write.

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

49 Reviews

Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:29 pm
wakarimasen says...

@Reneia - Same here! Since Star Wars is with Disney now, I think it's safe to say it's a small world after all. :D Lightdagger sounds pretty cool. I think there were also lightsaber whip thingies in Legends (which would be perfect for an Indiana Jones-esque Force user....).

@LordZeus - @TheFantasy14 and I were also thinking about making Mourdica and Ro half-siblings, so I guess this means Ro has one really big family. :D The more I think about it, this just might work! You can always tag me here with ideas you have for the characters. :)

44 Reviews

Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:09 pm
View Likes
SkyeWalker says...

My next post is going slooooow. Like, ultra-slow. I'm only a page and a half through and I haven't gotten to major things yet @WalkerForest1066 writing in-character fight scenes is haaard. I'm working through it though XD

Formerly Zhia and Reneia

49 Reviews

Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:07 pm
wakarimasen says...

@Renia - Oh, I loathe writing fight scenes. :D It's hard enough coming up with original ways to describe saying/asking things!

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:42 am
View Likes
Kelpies says...

May I snitch the chance to post here, basically to get the cat-subplot moving?
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

49 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:44 am
wakarimasen says...

Go ahead! :)

49 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:40 am
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

Nice post @Kelpies! I think I'll start drafting up a quick Grin post - it should probably be done tomorrow morning, depending on what happens in the meantime. :D

39 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:25 am
View Likes
LordZeus says...

@Allisontewriter I just hadan idea. What if Erik helps them to catch the cat and that's the reason that Grin recruits him?

We always talk about the "doers" and "dreamers" but I'd like to give a big shoutout to the "tryers".
— Hannah Hart