z

Young Writers Society

Dragons Dt

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:40 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Holy guacamole, @JamesHunt! That post is, possibly, your best yet, adding an incredibly unique flavor to this Storybook! :o Nice job on that little cage map, too; it's very helpful.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:50 am
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Wolfie36 wrote:Holy guacamole, @JamesHunt! That post is, possibly, your best yet, adding an incredibly unique flavor to this Storybook! :o Nice job on that little cage map, too; it's very helpful.

Aww, you flatter me... :smt053 Nevertheless, I am glad the diagram helped.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:12 pm
r4p17 says...

:P @JamesHunt, Thoren doesn't seem to agree with your assessment of him.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

179 Reviews

Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:04 pm
View Likes
r4p17 says...

I have a question. Does anyone have an idea of how we are supposed to get out of the prison? I think that since @JamesHunt sort of got us all into this mess it might be good if he proposed how we are to get out of it.

As things stand right now according to James' post none of the other dragons can get out of the cell and even though Ghost could, he would be put right back in it by the dwarves since Ghost is not very powerful physically perhaps one of @Cynder's characters who also have Psycic powers could escape? They are both more powerful physically than Ghost is. Other than that I hav no other ideas. What do the rest of you have to say?
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:42 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

What about @dragonthief1's character Jura? I know dragonthief isn't really here anymore, but he/she provided us with a powerful character.
He considers most other creatures except Dragons, to be inferior to him and his kind. This makes him ept to get in fights with other creatures, which he will most likley win, but it doesnt help in creating friends.

This indicates that he would be willing to help the dragons and fight the dwarves, or at least distract them while the others escape.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

179 Reviews

Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:32 pm
View Likes
r4p17 says...

Ah, that makes sense!

I have one more question. It was never really made clear whether all dragons can communicate with each other using their minds or not?

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:34 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I may be struggling to stay half alive, but I'm still here, promise. Of course the Pheonix could contribute to escape as well, since we've concluded she wasn't captured. Maybe bring back up?
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

223 Reviews

Reviews: 223
Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:42 am
Kelpies says...

How about if everyone has their own escape plan, and for some reason, they all try their methods at the same time, and somehow succeed? Because Kirimbi has her plan, and I know a few others do too...
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.
I do believe that insane is the only way to go.

293 Reviews

Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:47 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

r4p17 wrote::P @JamesHunt, Thoren doesn't seem to agree with your assessment of him.

Oh, terribly sorry. PM/IM me the correct details or post them here, and I shall correct them. My knowledge of auras and chakras are elementary, so I simply wrote about them in a simple way.

Kelpies wrote:How about if everyone has their own escape plan, and for some reason, they all try their methods at the same time, and somehow succeed? Because Kirimbi has her plan, and I know a few others do too...

Wolfare1 wrote:I may be struggling to stay half alive, but I'm still here, promise. Of course the Pheonix could contribute to escape as well, since we've concluded she wasn't captured. Maybe bring back up?

Wolfie36 wrote:What about @dragonthief1's character Jura? I know dragonthief isn't really here anymore, but he/she provided us with a powerful character.
He considers most other creatures except Dragons, to be inferior to him and his kind. This makes him ept to get in fights with other creatures, which he will most likley win, but it doesnt help in creating friends.

This indicates that he would be willing to help the dragons and fight the dwarves, or at least distract them while the others escape.

All of the above would make for spectacular chaos. @r4p17, you are right, I (Ghost) did cause this whole mess, so I shall definitely suggest solutions; here is one:
:!: If dragons can read each others' thoughts, then I agree with r4 that each should also have the ability to communicate telepathically, if only to a certain extent, so the dragons can then plan their escape together; if not, then Cynder and Ghost can individually inform the other dragons of their plan. The duo then can combine their abilities to break themselves and as many other dragons as possible out, coming back for the rest later, e.g. after finding the keys to the remaining cells.
:!: Kirimbi can escape on her own, so she can join them. One less dragon to free.
:!: Crystal can unknowingly aid this plan by creating a diversion, which gives the dragons the opportunity they need to do what they must in order to free their companions and the other captives. The fact that Cynder has a puppet helps.
:!: Finally, when all seems lost, Jura can arrive and save the day - a dragon as powerful as he can surely sense such a high concentration of dragons, no matter how much titanium the mountain contains.

Shall I come up with another suggestion? Anyone else have an idea? (We'd love to hear it!)
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

179 Reviews

Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:10 pm
r4p17 says...

Your assessment was correct, but Thoren does't think that he makes decisions too quickly. In other words he doesn't know his own weakness.

Otherwise, I think that your plan for escape is solid

223 Reviews

Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:47 am
Kelpies says...

Kirimbi's plan wasn't that good though... She was going to blow up the prison or electricute the guards or something with magic. But the pearl's magic is waning...

Oh and JamesHunt? Can you add in your quick scan of Kirimbi that she seems quite troubled?

Because my idea for the pearl was that she was spilling her life energy into the pearl to keep her ancestors alive within it...
We are who we are, and if someone has a problem with that; that's their problem not ours.

293 Reviews

Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:20 pm
BrumalHunter says...

No problem, @Kelpies.

EDIT: Included.
— Paul the Apostle

223 Reviews

Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:07 am
Kelpies says...

Thanks!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:13 am
View Likes
Cynder says...

So, I agree with what @JamesHunt says and when I post I'll add something of a rebellion within the dwarves themselves. This should allow for Crystal to make her diversion and every dragon can then escape. Technically, dragons have to look into each others eyes to speak telepathically(that's not fact I just put that in to lessen my characters power) but I think we can move beyond that. Does the titanium affect telepathy or mind control? Or can that be avoided? And the chart was very helpful, thanks xP And that is it I believe..

Great job everyone with the storybook and welcome back @Wolfare1
Cynder Rosetail Draak

"Be able to say: I am what I want to be."

293 Reviews

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:09 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

@TheWanderingWizard had brought up the part about the dragons being captured and incarcerated by the dwarves, so I simply added what I thought would contribute to that. As for the titanium, it only weakens the dragons if they try to break past them - psychic powers such as Telepathy, Telekinesis and Mind-Control are not affected by the bars. However, if a dragon had enough strength, they could break the masonry above and below the bars, causing the bars to fall down and allowing them to escape.
— Paul the Apostle

have u ever noticed how ugly rosy-lipped batfish r? and not like in the “aw ur so ugly ur cute” way that like opossums r — no they’re just hideously ugly beasts that should never have existed and r the epitome of evolution fails. the stupidity, blank look, head emptiness. they’re horrible n everyone who likes them r horrible too. they truly have the worst fan-base >:[
— Shady