z

Young Writers Society

The Selection DT

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:29 am
TickSeed says...

Sorry for my prolonged absence guys, studying for finals as well as dealing with some family issues haven't left me a lot of time for writing. I'll be able to write tonight, as well as tomorrow morningish.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:45 pm
Auxiira says...

So, I've finally managed to finish that post, and you all know that Nikola is a Rebel, but can I please make something clear. (In case you haven't read the spoilers. It happens.)
Nero/Jasmin will be the only on who saw Nikola place, found and read the note. No one will have listened in on their conversation, and for now, only Nero/Jasmin knows that Nikola is a Rebel. I very much intend to keep it that way until at least after the attacks. Not even a suspicion yet, please.

I am very much grateful for your understanding.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:28 pm
Unbelievable says...

I'm going to state my mind. I don't like the magic idea. Way to much has already happened, we can't just change the entire plot!
You will never know me.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:36 pm
crossroads says...

We can have it happen just now.. like, Claude gets bored/annoyed and runs off to some random part of the castle, finds something and unleashes some curse and they all get some sort of powers as well as enemies O.O

//random. Don't ask. I'll be working on my post xD
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:44 pm
EllaBliss says...

Unbelievable wrote:I'm going to state my mind. I don't like the magic idea. Way to much has already happened, we can't just change the entire plot!

Not much would actually be changed if it was minor magic, perhaps something like freezing water.
Oh, I'm such a fool! I can't be free!
No escape from the storm inside of me!
I can’t control the curse!
Please, you’ll only make it worse!
There’s so much fear! You’re not safe here!

6 Reviews

Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:52 pm
Unbelievable says...

I still don't like it >.>
You will never know me.

17 Reviews

Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:15 pm
EllaBliss says...

I don't want to upset my friend, sunshine tried to reason with her, but..

117 Reviews

Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:41 pm
crossroads says...

It's only about the fact that the plans are suddenly changed.. but I don't think it's such a big deal. I don't think all of them MUST have magic now, it just means that some can if we want them to ;)

Perhaps it could be just the thing from one or two provinces, or something alike?
- they/them -

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:26 am
kayfortnight says...

Yeah, if they don't have to have magic I won't have a problem with it, personally.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

6 Reviews

Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:40 am
Unbelievable says...

>.>
You will never know me.

17 Reviews

Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:09 am
View Likes
EllaBliss says...

kayfortnight wrote:Yeah, if they don't have to have magic I won't have a problem with it, personally.

Yeah, they don't HAVE to have it. Actually, if no-one else wants it, just the royals can have it. My friend is secretly the sister of the prince but neither she nor he knows it, so it will work out.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:03 am
Sunshine says...

:(

I don't like the magic thing, but if it has to happen, it can happen through royals, I guess. It just seems to mess with the flow of this IS a book, and a futuristic world of ours; and we don't have magic.

Whatever. As long as it doesn't overwhelm the plot, I guess. I wish I was green, but that would be reasoning a bit better, maybe? :p
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

6 Reviews

Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:09 am
Unbelievable says...

I just don;t know what to do >.> I hate hate hate this idea. ugh.
You will never know me.

117 Reviews

Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:55 am
crossroads says...

If people are generally against it, perhaps we indeed should consider dropping the magic idea, since it was not here from the start.

Personally, I adore magic and more often than not my characters do have some kind of it (except in stories without such element, obviously), and it does tend to make things more interesting often.
It wouldn't change the plot much, almost at all, if we keep it at low magic and don't make anyone over powered. That said, magic would fit Claude's character and I have nothing against it.

However, this SB started without it, and asking everyone what they think before introducing such a major change is a good idea - that is why we have this, a discussion topic, after all.
Hence I think the good idea would be to put a poll in this thread (can you, Ella? If not, I will - try editing the very first post and see if it offers you "add a poll question"), and offer people a simple yes/no choice. And we'll see from there.
- they/them -

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:03 am
Sunshine says...

Perfect idea, Aria. :)

Ella, could you also direct kat here so she could be part of the plotting?
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

The Twelve Makeovers of Haircules is the stuff of legend. He defeated the Erymanthian Beard. One could say it was a hair raising adventure.
— KateHardy