z

Young Writers Society

LSS: The Last Word OOC

142 Reviews

Reviews: 142
Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:26 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Your post was great, Plume! The characters are all fine- thanks for introducing them for us.

Should I post the word count in the thread or wait until Sunday? I doubt we'll get any posts out in between now and then, but still.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:36 am
View Likes
Elinor says...

Agreed - your post is great! And @looseleaf - post our WC whenever. Since it doesn't count towards I goal, I feel like it makes sense to wait until Monday to make any more posts.

Do we want to keep this same posting order for now? I feel like we can always switch it up if we need to.

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

142 Reviews

Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:45 am
View Likes
looseleaf says...

I posted our word count in the ship log. 4,490 words, yay!

It would probably be easier to stay on track if we stay in our order, but we definitely don't have to, especially if someone can't do it at their turn. We can work that out when the time comes.

1232 Reviews

Reviews: 1232
Sat Feb 05, 2022 9:45 am
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

Everything looks great so far! 4.490 is already an amazing start!

And I´m really sorry for not mentioning Hoover in my post :( Sophie is probably too much into her head right now but hopefully, she will soon see him.

Should we now stay in our order until the day comes when it isn´t possible?
Reality is a prison and time is its guard

I´m just a random girl with gentle manners

Every bad voice in your head was once outside

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:57 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

I'm also in favor of keeping our posting order until something disrupts it.

Also hooray!! We're off to a great start! I have faith we can keep this going, and I'm so excited to see where this RP takes us!!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.

142 Reviews

Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:11 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Me too! For the next post, because we're all sitting together, should we collab on it or..? I could write it and maybe leave spots for you guys to fill in dialogue/input, which would probably be easier time-wise, considering the next few posts have them all together.

1232 Reviews

Sat Feb 05, 2022 3:52 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

Hm... :D

I like that idea. But that would also delete our own voice during that post when now we have a neutral narrator speaking and we only add the dialogue. But I also don´t have any other idea.

672 Reviews

Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:59 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

Or you could draft a post, looseleaf, and we could all have a chance to edit? Not sure.

I'm also unsure about where the next post should take it from— since our characters have staggered arrivals, you could start writing from when Caroline gets there and go maybe a little past Julian, or you could start at Julian and go from there. I think it's whatever you want, but I just thought I'd bring it up!

1232 Reviews

Sat Feb 05, 2022 8:31 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

That would also be an idea, but that still gets difficult to arrange things. We could also just create an overview, of what we are going to talk about, and add some shorter posts for this scene?

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:19 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Arr, me maties! It's a-lookin' to me like yer hard at work, and I'm not meanin' to interrupt, so I'll make me pirate spiel brief: good luck on yer voyage, and may ye dine on the finest grub!
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

142 Reviews

Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:27 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

Thanks @Seirre!

I like the general overview idea, but I do think there should be some dialogue. What would they be discussing, though?

1232 Reviews

Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:54 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

First we would have to talk about the fact that it's quite full and that's why we're sitting at the table and then we somehow get into a conversation about how we found our way here. (Should we introduce ourselves by name, I don't know what it was like in a speakeasy, whether you addressed a complete stranger there - unless you were no longer sober). Afterward we could talk about Hoover (Plume asks: Have you seen this dog?) or something like that and then we meet HOG, who comes by briefly or something.

So in short, the first dialogues can be small talk before we continue with the story.

I had thought we could recreate this kind of dialogue in the pad and then post it one by one (which would result in us all having a lot of posts) or someone could format it afterward and then post it as one post. Of course, we would then just have to find the right time where we meet and then make it into a kind of short play.

142 Reviews

Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:56 pm
View Likes
looseleaf says...

OK! That sounds good. We could create an outline of events/dialogue in the pad and figure out who's posting what if we want to do that. I don't want to have a ton of small posts, but a couple of posts is fine with me.

1232 Reviews

Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:24 pm
View Likes
MailicedeNamedy says...

I agree with the small posts. Maybe we could have some longer posts, that each has its own topic.

1. First meeting
2. Hoover?
3. Breaking the ice with the names etc...
4. A wild HOG appears...

Then we only would have to agree on the points what we are going to write, without creating some plot holes or so.

672 Reviews

Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:42 pm
View Likes
Plume says...

Were you thinking that each of those topics would be its own post? I think it could work, especially if there are four topics, because then we could do another cycle. I think it makes the most sense for it to be Julian's POV when they all meet HOG, just because he probably knows him the best (we could also do Sophie's POV too, since I believe she'd had some interactions with him before?). We could also all write that scene collaboratively, since it's such a turning point. I do like the longer post idea with each having a topic of conversation.

We all share half a braincell that bounces like a windows screensaver
— WeepingWisteria