z

Young Writers Society

Contracted [DT]

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:48 pm
View Likes
HazelGrace16 says...

Also could we possibly do character relationships? At least a basic understanding because I’m not quite sure who I can include and who has a closer relationship with Rhea. I’ve already started working on mine but I’d love to get some ideas from other people so that I can try to include them in my posts
@Strident @Steggy @saentiel @Lumi @KaiRyu @Sheytato @Wolfical @DemonGoddess
"Sometimes it is the people who no one imagines anything of who do the things that no one can imagine" - The Imitation Game

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:07 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I'm not really sure how the supernatural element of this SB works either, probably since I have zippo experience with the genre, but if Manny could be something, I love werewolves!!

Hazel, sure! I can definitely see Manny being good buds with Rhea.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

364 Reviews

Reviews: 364
Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:25 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

Well, I kind of envisioned Kara being the outcast of the group, not really close to anyone, if you get what I mean?
tartaglia, they/he lesbian.
i also go by skylar and reginald!
First member of the bio trio™.
victim of the writer’s block disease

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:05 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

Like @DemonGoddess, I envision Luke as the type of character who sticks to himself. But I think that would only be before the events of this storybook - the only reason he was distant was so he had an easier time hiding his secret. I'm open to making him connect to other characters over the course of the storybook! I just need to know who would be up for that.

When it comes to the magic the characters gained, there's already three things that everyone should now get: advanced healing abilities, the ability to see people for what they really are and the ability to cast spells.

The healing abilities mean that their wounds heal at an incredibly accelerated rate. Fatal injuries are still fatal, like if someone had their heart ripped out. But if they were stabbed, there would be a higher chance of them surviving. If that makes any sense?

The ability to see things is basically what happened in DemonGoddess' post. Kara could see that their vice-principal was actually a werewolf, even though he looks human to pretty much any human.

When it comes to casting spells, some sort of phrase needs to be spoken. Creating the contract is the only exception to that. Luke should teach the other characters how to use their newfound magic after this round of posts, but for now they can't really access this part.

I'm open to them becoming all sorts of monsters! I only included werewolves and vampires in my last post because I was having some writers block and couldn't come up with any other creative things. But as long as the character is OP, I'm down for pretty much anything!

(The only exception is demons.)

So, @Wolfical, go with that werewolf idea! Manny could even bond with the vice-principal about it, since they'd be the same thing. <3
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

364 Reviews

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:31 pm
zaminami says...

WAIT I COULD HAVE BEEN A DEMON

GAHHH

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:42 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

@Wolfical --> Would you be down for a sub-plot between Andy and Manny once Andy finds out what's happened to him and sort-of...I guess wants to seek favor from God? It's a spitball I've been chewing on.

@saentiel --> I also think Andy would try to get closer to Luke in a sort-of feeling of blood pact / life debt deal that he can't explain but feels subconsciously (also sub-hates because of this reason + that he can't figure out his reasoning.)

@DemonGoddess --> How are we feeling about vampires and werewolves in this reality? Hostile? Non-hostile? I'd prefer to beat the old tropes of the animosity between the two creature types. Not necessarily the people who fall under them tho.

@Steggy --> Andy's gonna need Minerva for support all over the place, and I'm sure he'll be willing to give it back. But I'd like her to be the one to break it to him that he looks different since we're apparently not doing werewolves only under moonlight.

Also if you want to include Andy in your posts, he's arriving a bit late for today's classes as he has late arrival. No harm done to him. I may make an NPC for his boyfriend so that can be a plot to spin. @saentiel, thoughts?
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:52 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

Will do, @Lumi! That's a good idea. :D
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:57 pm
Mageheart says...

I'd love for Luke and Andy to become close, and I'm game for him having an NPC boyfriend!
mage

queer and here.

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:32 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Ooh, sounds good Looms!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

Reviews: 1
Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:27 pm
View Likes
Strident says...

Hey, I have an idea. In the Cul-De-Sac storybook, we went into a WriterFeedPad and wrote how our characters feel about the other characters. It actually makes it easier to write posts. We could possibly do that?

590 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:32 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

That sounds good to me! Would anyone else be interested in doing that? We could also do it right here in the DT if that works better for other people. I think a storybook I was in did that once.
mage

queer and here.

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:35 pm
View Likes
Steggy says...

I think that sounds like a good idea!
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:36 pm
View Likes
KaiRyu says...

Could we do it here in the DT? I like the idea of it, but I can't get onto Feed Pad. ^-^"
“So what? You're another person so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” Ciel Phantomhive

"Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!" Bill Cipher

364 Reviews

Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:43 pm
View Likes
zaminami says...

How are we feeling about vampires and werewolves in this reality? Hostile? Non-hostile? I'd prefer to beat the old tropes of the animosity between the two creature types. Not necessarily the people who fall under them tho

I would say in a temporary truce where any wrong move could spark conflict @Lumi

Reviews: 1
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:43 pm
View Likes
Strident says...

The idea of vampires and werewolves fighting never made any sense to me.

If writers wrote as carelessly as some people talk, then adhasdh asdglaseuyt[bn[ pasdlgkhasdfasdf.
— Lemony Snicket