z

Young Writers Society

The Wilderness of Machafuko(Chaos), DT

293 Reviews

Reviews: 293
Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:43 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I need somebody to post! @Wolfare1, I would prefer if it was you, since then you can complete @TheWanderingWizard's SB challenge and claim your points. However, @Wolfie36, @r4p17 and @ElvenKnight, one of you three can also submit a post. Either way, I need somebody to go before I can go again.

@15253, if somebody else hasn't posted within the next twelve hours, I give you permission to post again - but only if no-one else has submitted anything; if they have, then you must wait until everyone else has made a post.
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

Winter is inevitable. Spring will return eventually, and AstralHunter with it.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:47 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

I am definitely offended.

Awesome post, James! And I swear I'm going to finish it today. I'm about half-way finished. Let's hope it's below 1,600 words...
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

293 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:49 pm
BrumalHunter says...

Yay! A post! (Nevermind, @15253.)

Wolf, why do you want to keep it below 1600 words? The more, the better!
But the Fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
— Paul the Apostle

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:58 pm
View Likes
r4p17 says...

I'll try to shake of my lethargy and get a post in this weekend some time. :P
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:14 pm
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

Oh yes, I almost forgot, here's your 500 points reward for posting @AstralHunter. Use it wisely... :P
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:41 pm
StupidSoup says...

;-; 500 points? I wann five hundred points...
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

767 Reviews

Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:46 pm
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

Here's a crazy idea: review. I've heard it's a really great way to earn 40K+ points ;)

[she/her]

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:16 am
View Likes
StupidSoup says...

pshaw. i only take free points

Also, great portrayal of Morn Wolfare! Thanks a lot! ;)
I have a license that lets me solve aids - A friend of mine

Here Comes the Birdyyyy ~Poopsie

You gotta have the confidence of a gazelle running through a herd of lions - TK Sharp

I was once Numbers

Now I am Soup

293 Reviews

Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:51 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

I've submitted my post! It appeared much longer when I wrote in in Word... Oh, and @Wolfare1, there are only four people in the expedition (at present): Jeremiah, Thomas, Kaliska, and Lander. The others will join later on.

@ElvenKnight, you'll see I ended my post with a cliffhanger that could serve as an introduction for your character. (I only realised that now, actually.)

And thank you for the points, @TheWanderingWizard. I shall certainly bribe someone use them wisely when the opportunity arises.
— Paul the Apostle

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:51 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Too many "shall"s - it should only be used with "I" and "we", not just to sound sophisticated.

You made me laugh, Hunter, while also providing a handy grammar tip. :)

Splendid posts, both of you (@AstralHunter and @Wolfare1 )! I'm very excited to post, but if it would be appropriate for me to go next, what do I need to know about in regards to the "threat?" If @ElvenKnight wishes to go next instead, as Hunter planned, I can of course post after him.
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

767 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:54 am
View Likes
SpiritedWolfe says...

It was a nice touch, and some things you pointed out, I didn't realize I was doing xD Thank you for the pointers in your post, James.

[she/her]

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:59 am
View Likes
ThePatchworkPilgrims says...

@Wolfie36, just wanted to let you know that @ElvenKnight is a she (not a he). Also, The last I saw any sign of her was in early January, so unless you have the patience to wait for her to return, I think you can go now.
Seeing as the birds flew away in the direction of the Fort, the party can start moving again, maybe looking for a place to hide (like one of the "abandoned" outposts, or even the old Observatory, all of which are deeper into the Wilderness) seeing that they might think the Commander has sent troops after them.
The outposts will probably have people/creatures living them, but note that I am planning a NPC who still resides in the Observatory, but he might be out hunting or something like that (if you choose to go to the Observatory)
Former incarnations have been:
TheWanderingWizard
TheClockworkConjurer
TheIllusiveIntellect
TheSunderingSorceror
And, TheMaieuticMesmerist

Proudly [They/Them]

293 Reviews

Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:47 pm
BrumalHunter says...

@Wolfie36, I think you can decide. Ecthelion has to join at some point, so if you want to introduce him, go ahead. In fact, you also have the choice to have the Princess accompany him. (You can say he judged the Fort unsafe, and the Princess has an adventurous streak in ehr anyway.)

@Wolfare1, I am glad you found the tips useful. :P I should review Syrin after the chaos that is my current life has calmed down.

@TheWanderingWizard, I don't recall mentioning in which direction the parrots flew, so if Wolfie wants, she could very well make it a patrol; it could even be a beast. Her options are many. However, this Observatory NPC is an interesting prospect...
— Paul the Apostle

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:39 am
Wolfi says...

Gosh, my apologies @ElvenKnight!

I will certainly post this weekend. There are indeed several possibilities, so I hope I choose a suitable one. :P The Observatory sounds like a splendid idea!
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

293 Reviews

Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:18 pm
View Likes
BrumalHunter says...

Yay! I already have the Captain's Challenge in the bag, so now I just need one more, and I can start posting challenges of my own. *gleefully rubs hands together*
— Paul the Apostle

NO U
— Carina