z

Young Writers Society

Gatiss Underbelly DT

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:22 pm
StellaThomas says...

That's okay, LH, as long as that isn't it!

Story- love the profile! As a clergy kid I think you could maybe just say she got ordained in a different denomination? Or- heck- the Catholic church of Gatiss can be separate to everywhere else, it doesn't really matter! But I really like the idea of a rogue woman priest siren. This should be a meme it's just that great.
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:25 pm
thestorygirl says...

Aww, thanks. Also, I forgot to mention, just in case you get confused. Blue can change into a nightingale.
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:33 pm
Skorpionne says...

Since warlocks are looking a little overpowered, perhaps magic could be addictive. In a Buffy-esque way, except possibly more potent.

Thoughts?
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:40 pm
KingLucifer says...

Mmmmm finished, tell me what you think.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:02 am
sunwater says...

Are we starting soon?

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:06 am
Shadowlight says...

Probably after all the profiles are complete and out intrepid Leader has a battle plan. :3

Right stella?
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:35 am
StellaThomas says...

Yup, just waiting for all the profiles! So I really like Skorp's idea of magic being addictive, it would fit in with my idea of warlocks always being really reluctant to take sides, and it'd be a fun thing to play with!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:34 am
Alvarin says...

Does anyone want a Whitelighter? If you do, then PM me so we can work something out, and I can edit my profile ;)
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:58 pm
crossroads says...

So.. Since I've been following what you talk about in here and in the SB, I figured I should take that as a sign and join after all :p

Yeah.. I'll be posting a profile sometime today.. Alvarin, Whitelighters sound like something I could work with, will you mind if I take one as well?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

30 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:05 pm
Alvarin says...

AriaAdams wrote:Yeah.. I'll be posting a profile sometime today.. Alvarin, Whitelighters sound like something I could work with, will you mind if I take one as well?

Not at all :) I think StellaThomas is going to add Whitelighters to the races, but I might as well post the description of Whitelighters here as well.

A Whitelighter is a former human who, because he/she was very kind when he/she lived, has been given another chance and therefore come back from the dead. They are basically guardian angels (but without the wings) who protect one person, or occupationally a small group of people, with their lives. To be able to do this they have a type of sixth sense that enables them to always sense where the person they're protecting is and how that person is feeling, both mentally and physically. They also have the power to heal any wound and to teleport. They are quite harmless, but if you want to kill one anyway the only way to do so would be with dark magic, which works like a poison on them. Since their bodies actually consists of small orbs of white light (hence the name) they are tough to kill without magic, but can easily be knocked unconscious. A Whitelighter is no stronger than an average human when it comes to physical strength. They have no need for food or sleep, and see it more like a luxury.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:22 pm
crossroads says...

There, the profile is up.. I think everything should be ok ^^
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:33 pm
View Likes
Pencil2paper says...

Hy, changed my profile to a vampire. Just fyi.
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:36 pm
thestorygirl says...

I was thinking that since Blue is a priest and she's kind of spiritual she would be able to see the whitelighters, or at least sense them.
Nella vita vi è la distruzione, desolazione nella morte, ma c'è speranza nella rivoluzione.

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:39 pm
veeren says...

Weren't the white lighters visible to everyone?
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

30 Reviews

Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:45 pm
Alvarin says...

The whitelighters are visible to everyone, or at least mine is xD
― Thomas Harris

oh oh it's another >.> fest
— Inferno